Visit site
✟15,201.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have yet to hear someone get in a car accident under "the influence of marijuana" nor have I heard of someone killing someone or beating on their spouses/kids under a "high rage".

#ImJustSaying

Upvote 0

GambitTheIntellectual

Drinking, Smoking, And All Types Of Ill S***
Dec 3, 2010
Riding The Q Train To 42nd St
Visit site
✟15,201.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
MY SISTER,

LORD HAVE MERCY!

LORD HAVE MERCY!

LORD HAVE MERCY!​

The point is to save the baby from drowning in the bathwater. i would suggest that perhaps you should pray before you post and consider, from God's point of view, the implications of what you are advocating. For example, do you REALLY feel that altered states of consciousness--the primary reason for smoking weed--really glorify God and are conducive to one's hearing clearly and without distortion the voice of the Holy Spirit ministering Godly things to a person in their heart? If so, you have obviously never been high and should perhaps refrain from dealing with subjects you are not qualified by experience to address.

If, on the other hand, you have gotten high--or are getting high regularly as we speak--perhaps you should confess your self-indulgent sin and get your spiritual life back on track. Probably this doesn't apply to you, but i'm just sayin . . .

:bow:ABBA'S FOOL,
ephraim

The way you reply comes off to me as one of those Ghanian scam artist who have "funds" they want to transfer to you.

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2010
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont think its a sin. honestly. It grows naturally you dont need to add anything to it to make it potent, and it says in the bible "I have given you all the herbs and plants to use." Plus there is use of it in the medical industry. I've come to think its a useful tool, it helped me with my insomnia alot of times when i didnt have meds.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
It's help me to turn into a extrovert in social settings.

I like being an introvert. The vantage point is a lot more interesting to me. It took me a while to figure out that I wasn't "shy". I just didn't seem to get off on the large crowds and being around a lot of people.

Maybe you are merely shy and wanting to come out of your shell and find out who you are in context of social settings.

I know who I am. Finally.

Welcome here, btw. Tonight seems to have ushered in a few rebels.

Upvote 0

sublime911

Dec 4, 2010
California
✟15,280.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am currently attending Graduate School at California Institute of Technology and my dorm mate is a pretty big stoner. He has a medical license, though I highly doubt he actually needs it. I can understand the point that it can be spiritually harmful, but I dont think it has much of a physical impact. He is doing well in college. I smoke maybe once or twice a week with him and it effects me a whole lot less the alcohol.

I drink sometimes but I dont get drunk, I hate not really being in control of what I do. In my experiences weed does not make you lose control, I have never done something I really regretted while high. I have never seen high people fight, while seeing drunk people getting in scuffles is pretty common. If I smoke tonight I do not get any weed cravings tomorrow. The only real effect I feel is a change in outlook on mostly little things and increased appetite. I can not be positive, but I feel that if Jesus not only drank wine, but promoted its consumption, he would have no problem with me partaking in the occasional joints or bong hits. John 2:10 (and said to him, "Everyone serves the best wine first, and the cheap kind when people are drunk. But you have kept the best wine until now!")

That is my opinion and experience with marijuana.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kitty.

Jun 27, 2010
South
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have yet to hear someone get in a car accident under "the influence of marijuana" nor have I heard of someone killing someone or beating on their spouses/kids under a "high rage".

#ImJustSaying

How does that justify marijuana? Just because it's not as dangerous as say alcohol or cocaine, doesn't make it a good thing to take.

For example, heart surgery is more dangerous than kidney surgery, but that doesn't make kidney surgery risk free.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Christians should take, smoke or snort mind altering drugs, we are supposed to have the mind of Christ and to be sober because our adversary the devil is always trying to deceive us into departing from the Lord in some way, this is one of those ways, Christians don't need to get high for any reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prass1

Dec 4, 2010
Paramount, Ca, USA
✟15,351.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If my friend has a cannabis card, which makes it legal in your state, is it a sin?

I feel that it is natural and God gave it to us. Why would God create it if it was not made for this purpose. Hemp and Marijuana are not the same plant either. Also if you use a vaporizer you cause your lungs zero harm. So is it still a sin? My heart feels that it is not?

What are your opinions?

I smoked it for 24 years and quit 10 years ago. Last year, life was hard - most emotional issues, so I asked God how he would feel about it if I wanted to smoke some.

His answer wasw: "If it doesn't lead you or take you away from me and if it doesn't cause you to hurt anybody, including yourself, then I don't have a problem with it."

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I smoked it for 24 years and quit 10 years ago. Last year, life was hard - most emotional issues, so I asked God how he would feel about it if I wanted to smoke some.

His answer wasw: "If it doesn't lead you or take you away from me and if it doesn't cause you to hurt anybody, including yourself, then I don't have a problem with it."

God does not always take away the desire to do something. It's miraculous when He does, but normally people have to make a decision and then stay away from people that do these things. Like alcohol too. People can do things/say things they ordinarily would not say/do when they are "high".

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
its a drug...how does this sound...yea that christian gets high or does drugs with his friends...as a police officer i would arrest your butt for having it on you...even if it might be not "Against your state" it is still against federal law so you can still be arrested by federal agents and federal officers...it smells so nasty as well...its not even classy...God created a plant and people are misusing and abusing it..its just like how God created sex and are abusing that..just because its not a crime against the state...is it still a crime in God's kingdom yes...as well weed and other drug substances can cause you to experience demonic influences and manifestation and hallucination...do you want to go on a demon ride..these things alter your mind and leave you targetable to the enemy.

excellent points here.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with most of your post.

I'm probably going to be contradicting just about everyone in this thread, but marijuana isn't unhealthy for you. In fact it's very healthy for you contrary to the popular media beliefs. I'm not going to rant on about it, but I would say if you get addicted to it, then yes i guess i would consider it a sin. Although, if your using it for medical and stress relieving purposes, then I would say no.

it is legal in AZ now for "medical" reasons which I don't understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Giantsbran1227

The Sinner.
Feb 18, 2008
USA
Visit site
✟16,432.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
it is legal in AZ now for "medical" reasons which I don't understand.

Thank GOD they made it legal! Do you have any idea how many terminally sick people's quality of life has been restored due to pot?!

If you don't understand why, you have some reading to do.

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No. Smoking marijuana is not a sin.

I'm guessing anyone who says it is has no idea what they are talking about and needs to research not the bible more, but marijuana more.

YES! That is the most true...succinct reply on this issue I have seen.

CC

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How does that justify marijuana? Just because it's not as dangerous as say alcohol or cocaine, doesn't make it a good thing to take.

For example, heart surgery is more dangerous than kidney surgery, but that doesn't make kidney surgery risk free.

One does not need to justify ingesting a seed-bearing plant that God has created for very specific reasons. Try another read of Genesis 1...

CC

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
marijuana is illegal. Romans 13b esp v 1-5 talks about submission to authorities.

Submission to authorities? Our country (USA) wouldn't exist if Christians always submitted to authorities. Should we submit to authorities when they demonize the creation and call something evil which God has created for good? No. Can anyone think of a reason why Paul would tell the Christians in Rome to submit to authorities? I can.

CC

Upvote 0