Is same sex attraction just a temptation, or is it a sin like homosexuality?

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟18,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem here is, of course, that we don't know how much knowledge Jesus (or His Apostles) had about human male psychology

Jesus understands more about the Human Psyche than any human ever will.
No worries.

So, its Lust that is the issue., not the thoughts..
Its the dwelling on the thoughts, is the issue.

And, if you put the thoughts in your own mind, not regarding what you watch, not keeping all this CLEAN, then you are making a mistake.

We mostly guard our heart by keeping our eyes pure.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think most attractions are simply attractions. A married individual might find others attractive, for instance, yet never be tempted to cheat on his or her spouse. Likewise, someone with same sex attractions might have similar feelings, yet not be tempted to indulge them.

For what it's worth, I don't equate simple attraction with lust. More than merely finding someone to be attractive, lust indicates a strong desire to have them sexually. In this light, I wouldn't consider same sex attractions to be intrinsically sinful unless it's a matter of lust. Much as I don't find opposite sex attractions to be intrinsically sinful either.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟18,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much as I don't find opposite sex attractions to be intrinsically sinful either.

Reader,

Let say you are a male.

Well, God has created "EVE" the "womb-man" to be attractive to you.

Why?

"replenish the species"..

So, God created the man to be aggressive and courageous and a leader, and God designed the women's instinct to find all that appealing and desirable.

Whereas, God create the woman, to be "eye candy" to the man. . She has curves. She's soft.. She has all that hair.. She has all that sexuality. She knows how to use her attractiveness to attract you... ...
She should also be gentle and compassionate and "motherly".. as this is needful for the man.

So, God crated Him and Her as ideal supplements for each other... that fit together and compliment, as if they are both a half, looking for the other half to become as ONE.

God knows what He's doing...

However, the fallen nature in us all, the Adamic part, is related to another spiritual father, and he is a pervert, and a murderer, and a psychopath, and a liar..
So, all of that is in the "fall of adam" .. that is the fall of us all..... and you see it play out in the world, every day., as Jesus told us all... "and the lust of YOUR FATHER, you shall do".

See that?
That is the sin nature., that is the "old man of sin 'that is "Crucified with Christ".. if you are born again..... and its the only nature we have until we are born again by a New Spiritual Father and receive the "divine nature".

2 Peter 1:4

Upvote 0