Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what anyone else wrote.
First off, I use to smoke weed bigtime! Got a tattoo of a pot leaf on my left shoulder.
I quit, cold turkey. Quit smoking cigs too.
It was a sin for me, it may not be a sin for everyone and here is the bottom line for you.
Some people, put it before God and if you have to put your need for weed before your need for God, its a sin.

Now, you said its natural so it must be smoked.
Uranium is natural, should we keep blowing stuff up with it?

Weed has so many different chemicals in it that it can not be classified as a drug or natural. It's human nature to modify things and weed has had the ever living ... modified out of it.
At one time, maybe the 1800's it might have been natural enough to use for things like headaches.
Now adays its more hardcore then a GMO tomato thats been trained to kill.
It doesn't get absorbed into the body, like say cocaine or Jack Daniels. It lays there until it dissipates on it's own. The more you smoke, the thicker the layers build up on your brain. Which incidentally does cause peoples skill set to suffer and most people dont notice the difference.

If you smoked weed between the ages of 15 and 28, you have shortened the growth of your brain as your brain doesn't stop maturing until you reach the age of 28 and smoking weed stunts the brains growth and keeps it from reaching maturity.

A lot of advocates for marijuana will not tell you the downsides to marijuana use. They'll let you go on thinking there are none.
And sadly, there has been so much B.S. made up about marijuana that telling the truth about it will usually go by the wayside because people will think it's more propaganda.
But then again, there isnt a single solitary advocate for marijuana that will tell you the truth about it and let you decide for your self. They'll just let you keep on seeing it as something that's good for you.

It may not be all that bad, but its not exactly all that good either.
And people can say, no one has ever gotten addicted or no one has ever overdosed (I've tried, didnt happen)
But I can say that people do become dependent on it and need it to function in life and while that isnt exactly an addiction, it's the next best thing to one and does make it hard for people to quit.

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First off, I use to smoke weed bigtime! Got a tattoo of a pot leaf on my left shoulder.
I quit, cold turkey. Quit smoking cigs too.
It was a sin for me, it may not be a sin for everyone and here is the bottom line for you.
Some people, put it before God and if you have to put your need for weed before your need for God, its a sin.

Now, you said its natural so it must be smoked.
Uranium is natural, should we keep blowing stuff up with it?

Weed has so many different chemicals in it that it can not be classified as a drug or natural. It's human nature to modify things and weed has had the ever living ... modified out of it.
At one time, maybe the 1800's it might have been natural enough to use for things like headaches.
Now adays its more hardcore then a GMO tomato thats been trained to kill.
It doesn't get absorbed into the body, like say cocaine or Jack Daniels. It lays there until it dissipates on it's own. The more you smoke, the thicker the layers build up on your brain. Which incidentally does cause peoples skill set to suffer and most people dont notice the difference.

If you smoked weed between the ages of 15 and 28, you have shortened the growth of your brain as your brain doesn't stop maturing until you reach the age of 28 and smoking weed stunts the brains growth and keeps it from reaching maturity.

A lot of advocates for marijuana will not tell you the downsides to marijuana use. They'll let you go on thinking there are none.
And sadly, there has been so much B.S. made up about marijuana that telling the truth about it will usually go by the wayside because people will think it's more propaganda.
But then again, there isnt a single solitary advocate for marijuana that will tell you the truth about it and let you decide for your self. They'll just let you keep on seeing it as something that's good for you.

It may not be all that bad, but its not exactly all that good either.
And people can say, no one has ever gotten addicted or no one has ever overdosed (I've tried, didnt happen)
But I can say that people do become dependent on it and need it to function in life and while that isnt exactly an addiction, it's the next best thing to one and does make it hard for people to quit.

I'm not even sure where to start.

First off, no is arguing that all natural things are safe to consume. No need to bring up false equivalences.

Second, genetically modified crops are not the same as crops that have been through selective breeding. Please do more research.

Third, you don't seem to understand how cannabis gets metabolized.

Forth, you cannot make statements like "there isn't a single solitary advocate for marijuana that will tell you the truth about it and let you decide for your self" without offering a credible citation. Or is this just your humble, biased opinion?

Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not even sure where to start.

First off, no is arguing that all natural things are safe to consume. No need to bring up false equivalences.
No need to bring up that its safe at all, simply because its natural. Is it as bad as uranium? Of course not. Should it be smoked simply because its natural? That's a matter of opinion and that was my point.
Second, genetically modified crops are not the same as crops that have been through selective breeding. Please do more research.
It is genetically modified and done after its been selectively bread into the ground and back.
They have weed now that taste like blue berries or smells like chocolate.
How do you think they get such things? Selective breading?
Third, you don't seem to understand how cannabis gets metabolized.
Cant say that I understand the whole thing. Im not a doctor, or a biologist. You might be. Are you a doctor or in some kind of medical field?
I can only tell you what a doctor has told me.
Forth, you cannot make statements like "there isn't a single solitary advocate for marijuana that will tell you the truth about it and let you decide for your self" without offering a credible citation. Or is this just your humble, biased opinion?
Yes I can. I just did. Didnt you see that? lol

Show me anyone who is an advocate for marijuana that does?

Upvote 0

Isaacsname

Aug 5, 2012
Earth
✟1,413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lol

What are those things in the brain that are involved in facilitating appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory called again ?

Oh, that's right, they're called " cannabinoid receptors "

Ask your doctor about those ;)

btw, selective breeding for terpene profiles is what gives cannabis taste and flavor, not " gmo "

smh

Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I, lol your Lol! And HA!
What are those things in the brain that are involved in facilitating appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory called again ?
Oh, that's right, they're called " cannabinoid receptors "
Ask your doctor about those ;)
How about if I ask you. Whats your point? You seem to be the authority on the subject.
btw, selective breeding for terpene profiles is what gives cannabis taste and flavor, not " gmo "

smh
Pot has been modified to increase the thc. Just google, "has marijuana been genetically modified" and you will get link after link explaining why marijuana is no longer what it use to be. Can you even explain how weed is going to taste like blue berries because some guy found the right stem to shove in the right spot of a pot plant? rotfl

Upvote 0

Isaacsname

Aug 5, 2012
Earth
✟1,413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A point ?

Sure

Let me quote your conversation with the other poster:
--------------
" Third, you don't seem to understand how cannabis gets metabolized.
Cant say that I understand the whole thing. Im not a doctor, or a biologist. You might be. Are you a doctor or in some kind of medical field?
I can only tell you what a doctor has told me "
------------------
The only point is that the other poster is correct ;) you don't know

In response to your other

I have extensive experience with plant sciences, horticulture, botany, mycology, permaculture, biodynamics, . I'm also a retired chef, 3rd generation in my family, and spent my early 20's managing small scale farms and orchards

My business partner is a molecular biochemist who specifically works with terpenes, and I also happen to know a little bit about " gmo " as you call it, but I would wager you don't even know the difference between something like a colchicine polyploid and a HGT organism

One uses a compound found in a common flower bulb, and one uses gene splicing in a lab :)

" gmo " is a laughable blanket term

Most of your common grocery store fruits, vegetables, grains, herbs and spices have undergone ' genetic modification ' by breeders using naturally obtained compounds, since ....get this.....the 1930's

This means that you all have been eating " gmo's " this whole time and you didn't even know it :)

Egads

You certainly don't think those fruits and veggies were found growing like that in the wild do you ?

Got a pot leaf tat, eh ?

Hahaha, smooth

Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A point ?

Sure

Let me quote your conversation with the other poster:
--------------
" Third, you don't seem to understand how cannabis gets metabolized.
I can only tell you what a doctor has told me "
------------------
The only point is that the other poster is correct ;) you don't know

In response to your other

I have extensive experience with plant sciences, horticulture, botany, mycology, permaculture, biodynamics, . I'm also a retired chef, 3rd generation in my family, and spent my early 20's managing small scale farms and orchards

My business partner is a molecular biochemist who specifically works with terpenes, and I also happen to know a little bit about " gmo " as you call it, but I would wager you don't even know the difference between something like a colchicine polyploid and a HGT organism
You're right there, I dont know.
One uses a compound found in a common flower bulb, and one uses gene splicing in a lab :)

" gmo " is a laughable blanket term

Most of your common grocery store fruits, vegetables, grains, herbs and spices have undergone ' genetic modification ' by breeders using naturally obtained compounds, since ....get this.....the 1930's

This means that you all have been eating " gmo's " this whole time and you didn't even know it :)

Egads
I totally did! Down with Monsanto!!
I want natural stuff and not corn that produces a chemical that kills bugs!
You certainly don't think those fruits and veggies were found growing like that in the wild do you ?
No, not really, I dont think God made tomato plants to be immune to Roundup Weed killer.
Got a pot leaf tat, eh ?

Hahaha, smooth
O.K. You got me there. You do have a nice education and I have a stinkin tattoo.
But you cant tell me that there are receptors in the brain specifically there to handle weed and because they're there a leading neurologist who has spent 10 years researching marijuana in Lansing, Michigan, is wrong.
And because you are highly educated and know so much about monsato and its evil ways, that weed, "An illegal substance" was never manipulated by its sellers or by the government.

You have way more knowledge on the subject then I'll ever have and I'm not trying to put it down. It's an accomplishment many a person wishes they had, including myself.

But you are obviously for weed and I think you might be a little biased on the subject and not one to pay attention to all the facts about marijuana.

Upvote 0

Isaacsname

Aug 5, 2012
Earth
✟1,413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sigh.....man, listen, if you want to rally against " gmo ' I think that's great, I really do, I have followed the whole thing for 20 years, starting when I was in my 20's ( managing farms before the government got involved in organic certifications ), I just think that ignorance instills fear where it isn't needed

If you think that " gmo " simply refers to something Monsanto did in a lab, then you are really missing what " gmo " really covers ( as well as the history of genetic modification and the fact that it's saved countless lives by introducing hardy strains of grains in countries where millions would have starved ....etc etc.....all long before Monsanto was playing with HGT and making flavor saver tomatoes)

Hardly any of the modern cultivars of fruits and vegetables that you eat are not " genetically modified " in one way or another.

Tomatoes do not grow in the wild looking like Beefsteak tomatoes, they were little scraggly plants with tiny little berry-like tomatoes, and the same goes for pretty much all cultivars, selective breeding and " gmo " is what does it all

As far as the attitude towards dope-

Your body would not even function without endocannabinoids, they are synthesized by your own body

That delta9THC in cannabis even activates the same receptor is merely coincidence

Phytocannabinoids are known to occur in several plant species besides cannabis, btw

I hope it's clear, Endocannabinoids ( produced by the body ) are not phytocannabinoids ( produced by plants )

Take care, brother

:)

Reactions: dc1
Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sigh.....man, listen, if you want to rally against " gmo ' I think that's great, I really do, I have followed the whole thing for 20 years, starting when I was in my 20's ( managing farms before the government got involved in organic certifications ), I just think that ignorance instills fear where it isn't needed

If you think that " gmo " simply refers to something Monsanto did in a lab, then you are really missing what " gmo " really covers ( as well as the history of genetic modification and the fact that it's saved countless lives by introducing hardy strains of grains in countries where millions would have starved ....etc etc.....all long before Monsanto was playing with HGT and making flavor saver tomatoes)

Hardly any of the modern cultivars of fruits and vegetables that you eat are not " genetically modified " in one way or another.

Tomatoes do not grow in the wild looking like Beefsteak tomatoes, they were little scraggly plants with tiny little berry-like tomatoes, and the same goes for pretty much all cultivars, selective breeding and " gmo " is what does it all

As far as the attitude towards dope-

Your body would not even function without endocannabinoids, they are synthesized by your own body

That delta9THC in cannabis even activates the same receptor is merely coincidence

Phytocannabinoids are known to occur in several plant species besides cannabis, btw

I hope it's clear, Endocannabinoids ( produced by the body ) are not phytocannabinoids ( produced by plants )

Take care, brother

:)
Covers everything youre talking about here. starting at 10:11-10:12 Covers what you said about marijuana receptors and explains exactly what marijuana is.
At about 23:20 she explains how marijuana is ingested into the body.
And 30:58
http://www.christianforums.com/threads/is-it-a-sin-to-smoke-marijuana.7413510/page-27#post-68227859

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what anyone else wrote. But this one is pretty cut and dry.

Romans 13: Let every person be in subjection to the government authorities (local, state, federal). For their is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordnance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a fear for good behavior, but for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it dos not bear the sword for nothing; or it a minister of God, and avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil. Wherefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience sake. For because of this you also pay taxes (so many cheaters in this area), for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Render to all what is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear honor to whom honor.

Marijuana is still against the law and God says to obey the law.

In the legal cases relating to medical marijuana, I don't have a problem. ONLY if it's legitimate use. Too many cases are just a farce and legalized pot smoking for recreation. God knows the truth. God doesn't honor legalized misuse of anything.

How can it have legitimate medical uses, when it opens people up to the demonic? It's a mild hallucinogen. Watch this testimony.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alcohol is not called outright a sin in the Bible. In fact, it is even said to enjoy it in all merriness. I don't believe God is completely against mind altering substances, it is just sinful to be dependent on them and prove them to be vices in your life.

The Bible disproves of alcoholism, but not alcohol in and of itself. Before Welch, there was no practice of preserving grape juice without fermentation- everyone drunk wine back then, and one would be a fool to think they never got drunk on it even if they were avidly religious.

With that being the case, why should any other substance be treated any differently? Just my own two cents, it seems logical to me.

Upvote 0

DiJ

Diane
Jun 23, 2015
✟7,685.00
Marital Status
Single
]Alcohol is not called outright a sin in the Bible. In fact, it is even said to enjoy it in all merriness. I don't believe God is completely against mind altering substances, it is just sinful to be dependent on them and prove them to be vices in your life.

The Bible disproves of alcoholism, but not alcohol in and of itself. Before Welch, there was no practice of preserving grape juice without fermentation- everyone drunk wine back then, and one would be a fool to think they never got drunk on it even if they were avidly religious.

Right, which is why God spoke several times regarding drinking in moderation and the commandment to be aware of the amount on is drinking so as not to become drunk.

A little wine is mentioned as being good for the body.

With that being the case, why should any other substance be treated any differently? Just my own two cents, it seems logical to me.
God also requires obedience to the laws of the land. Marijuana is illegal in most states.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Almost anyone will justify some things, even for many with evidently a biblical position, not just for having marijuana, or other things to take or consume actually mentioned in the Bible, but various behaviors as well. There won't be consensus with looking at questionable things that way. But with really coming to Yahweh God with being redeemed, in Christ, we can grow and look to what is in God's highest will, that could be for us. It would not go contrary to God's perfect design, any of what was said from the beginning. In this, along with responsibilities for us in our world, there are provisions for us to eat. Nothing is said for consuming anything other than with eating or drinking. So what is had with eating, or drinking, could be of God's higher will, but not what is not said of the design, shown from the beginning, and certainly not what is not mentioned in the scriptures. Notice that what there is to have is always stated with what God is permitting. There is so much of this, that we don't have basis for having what is not written that God permits. That from the beginning is the most perfect.

If we have something else, as marijuana which is brought up, what is there that justifies that for us? Knowing we easily justify things, why, with what we say, would the additional thing be better for us than without having it conforming to God's highest will for us, if nothing is shown from God saying anything for it?

If it is so that something is really needed, why does God not show anything for it? There should be something said for us that a substance, such as marijuana, is better, in approaching God and conforming to God's will, than otherwise, if it was the case, but it just isn't, and we would only have our own justifications.

There may be certain medical needs, for which there are doctors' prescriptions. But there is general use of marijuana that is without that.

Upvote 0