MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
But that is not what WWII was about, not in the least. However, that horrible tragedy became a convenient excuse to create Israel to give Western powers a foot in the ME door because even then they realized how important it would be to secure those natural resources.

The United Nations voted to create Israel and the USA was just one of those who voted in favor. There have always been Jews in that region, but the first known waves of Jewish immigrants to Israel who were fleeing persecution began in the late 1800's. The beginning of true Zionism is covered in the information at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

If Iran gets nuclear, I hope we can count on Israel to run a mission to destroy it like they did when they did with Iraq's nuclear back in the 1980's.

I'm somewhat surprised to see some of the comments by the progressives on this thread because it was always our most progressive presidents that were the strongest supporters of Israel. Somehow the great allegiance Israel had under Kennedy and Johnson seems to have been thwarted.
I think it was Carter who broke the momentum when he became the first to suggest a nation for those calling themselves Palestinians. They got their best offer in the 1970's but Arafat turned it down.

Upvote 0

RiverSalado

Oct 8, 2005
✟286.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
CCGirl said:
I guess it depends which side of the fence you are on whether they are for defense or offense!:D

Iran should also have nukes to balance the "power":thumbsup:

By your logic then the Philippines should have nuclear weapons to balance China, and al Qaeda should have nuclear weapons to balance the United States, thanks, I hereby present to you the Nobel "peace" prize for Jihadic achievements, I bet you also think that September 11 was needed in order to balance the United States' military superiority over the terrorists right, how many times has Israel started a war of aggresion against its Arab "neighbors" since 1948 anyway?:doh: ;) :sigh:

Upvote 0

RiverSalado

Oct 8, 2005
✟286.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
CCGirl said:
I guess it depends which side of the fence you are on whether they are for defense or offense!:D

Iran should also have nukes to balance the "power":thumbsup:

If you had said that both Israel and Iran get rid of its nuclear weapons then it would have been far more prudent, or maybe you really wish that the Middle East turn into one large glow in the dark parking lot, any nation that attacks Israel with nuclear weapons is asking for national annihilation, IMHO.

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
chokmah said:
Considering the people are the same, and that the land is semi-representative, I would say, 'yes'.
That's the premise I'm questioning. How do you know that the people are ethnically Israelites?

Upvote 0

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
By your logic then the Philippines should have nuclear weapons to balance China, and al Qaeda should have nuclear weapons to balance the United States, thanks, I hereby present to you the Nobel "peace" prize for Jihadic achievements, I bet you also think that September 11 was needed in order to balance the United States' military superiority over the terrorists right, how many times has Israel started a war of aggresion against its Arab "neighbors" since 1948 anyway?:doh: ;) :sigh:

Once again, read falsehoods into a simple post!:wave: Context...

If you had said that both Israel and Iran get rid of its nuclear weapons then it would have been far more prudent, or maybe you really wish that the Middle East turn into one large glow in the dark parking lot, any nation that attacks Israel with nuclear weapons is asking for national annihilation, IMHO.

Hey...I am just pointing out the hypocrisy. The US doesn't like some countries to have nukes, yet they are the only nation to have used nukes on civilians!:thumbsup:

Do not put words in my mouth, I have never supported any type of nuclear war! IMHO Iran has the right to have nuclear power and hysteria and threats over this isn't going to make it go away.

Upvote 0

8TarHeel8

Mar 23, 2005
PA
✟9,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CCGirl said:
Do not put words in my mouth, I have never supported any type of nuclear war! IMHO Iran has the right to have nuclear power and hysteria and threats over this isn't going to make it go away.

Given the ambitions and public statements of Iranian officials regarding Israel, you must forgive us for having a suspicous mind where Iran's nuclear program is concerned. According to reports, Iran already has missiles capable of hitting Israel. How much work would it take to fit those missiles with a nuclear warhead?

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think part of the problem is that some Israelis think that they have a God given right to their land, which of course they don't. The Palestinians have just as much right to a homeland as the Israelis, and it was madness and shortsightedness that two states were not created instead of one.

Israel exists and of course the status quo must be maintained, but they have to behave in a reasonable fashion too.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Kelly said:
No matter what new coventant we may be under, I feel that the land of Israel is the epicenter of the Lord's attentions and the Jews are special to Him. I am not speaking about salvation.

Seeing Pres. Bush praising Abbas, supporting the pullout, etc etc etc makes me very sad. We were blessed when we blessed Israel (i.e. liberation of concentration camps, UN setting up Israeli state, etc) now we have began turning our backs. The recent statements by Iran and our government's silence, speaks VOLUMES.
So the BILLIONS of DOLLARS and THOUSANDS OF LIVES paid by the Gentile American people for the sake of "israel" are still not loud enough to break the "silence" for the Zionists' ever-avaricious demands? "G-D" forbid that America would try to make peace in the world when it can be out destablizing nations and nuking random peoples for the sake of Zionism...

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
chokmah said:
It's good to see that you remain consistent in your ignorance of Jews and Judaism.
So it was just a random mutation in Palestine that caused a blue-eyed lighter skinned group of Jews to appear? The Jews from Russia, Iberia, Syria, and Ethiopia are all part of the one Jewish-Palestinian tribe exiled from their land?

And the emboldened is even more ridiculous. The plain face of reality sends this argument to File 13.
The Jews are an ultra-ethnocentric people. They preach "tolerance" to everyone else, but they themselves do not care to have to tolerate and live amongst the goyim, especially the "schvartzas."

“'If there is a demographic problem, and there is, it is with the Israeli Arabs who will remain Israeli citizens."
--Benjamin Netanyahu, minister in "Israeli" regime and Zionist terrorist

"You can live a perfectly decent life not being Jewish, but I think you’re losing a lot—losing the kind of feeling you have when you know [that] throughout the world there are people who somehow or other have the same kind of DNA that you have."
--
Charles Bronfman, sponsor of "Birthright Israel" project and brother of the president of the World Jewish Congress

Ahhh... I knew that RT had a face. I just couldn't tell if you were going to mask it in this discussion or not.
What "face" does "RT" have? Today's Israel is the Church. The Israel of the Old Testament is forever gone, in fact, accursed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Defensor Fidei said:
The Jews are an ultra-ethnocentric people. They preach "tolerance" to everyone else, but they themselves do not care to have to tolerate and live amongst the goyim, especially the "schvartzas."

“'If there is a demographic problem, and there is, it is with the Israeli Arabs who will remain Israeli citizens."

"You can live a perfectly decent life not being Jewish, but I think you’re losing a lot—losing the kind of feeling you have when you know [that] throughout the world there are people who somehow or other have the same kind of DNA that you have."
--
Charles Bronfman, sponsor of "Birthright Israel" project and brother of the president of the World Jewish Congress

I'm having a problem understanding why the thoughts of two Jews is representative of the Jewish people as a whole. You realize that you are using quite large generalities?

What "face" does "RT" have? Today's Israel is the Church. The Israel of the Old Testament is forever gone, in fact, accursed.
Although I may not believe that Israel today is the same ethnic group as ancient Israel, I have to question your logic here. If God can "accurse" the Israelites for refusing to believe in the Messiah, can't he do the same to Gentiles? In fact, since some Gentiles today have accepted the task of preserving Jesus' life and teachings, don't they have an even greater burden to uphold? Which is worse: denying that Jesus is the Messiah, or saying that he is, and then misrepresenting him to others?

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Scholar in training said:
[/font][/size][/font]
I'm having a problem understanding why the thoughts of two Jews is representative of the Jewish people as a whole. You realize that you are using quite large generalities?
I just added those two quotes for demonstration of the Jewish psyche, not as the central point of that post. You do realize that those are two of the richest, most powerful, well-known, and influential Jews in the world. Netanyahu is an official representative of the state of "israel."
Imagine the uproar if an American official uttered the words...
“'If there is a demographic problem, and there is, it is with the American Blacks who will remain American citizens."

But if anyone points out the Jewish supremacist ideology, oy vey, he's an anti-Semite.

If you live in a typical American city, open the phone book and count how many "Jewish Community Centers," "Jewish Medical Centers," "Jewish Yeshivas," "Museums of Jewish History (plus Holocaust® museums," et alii. These people believe they are part of a private "chosen people" club and desire total segregation from the goyim. No other ethnicity in America has quite such a dangerously conservative ideology.

Although I may not believe that Israel today is the same ethnic group as ancient Israel, I have to question your logic here. If God can "accurse" the Israelites for refusing to believe in the Messiah, can't he do the same to Gentiles? In fact, since some Gentiles today have accepted the task of preserving Jesus' life and teachings, don't they have an even greater burden to uphold? Which is worse: denying that Jesus is the Messiah, or saying that he is, and then misrepresenting him to others?
The Jews are accursed not for merely denying that Jesus is the Messias, but for their hateful and vengeful murder of Christ upon the Cross in their stubborn self-denial of God's True plan that included all of mankind.

Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
Defensor Fidei said:
The Jews are accursed not for merely denying that Jesus is the Messias, but for their hateful and vengeful murder of Christ upon the Cross in their stubborn self-denial of God's True plan that included all of mankind.

Wow, you might want to check in with your Vatican on that point.

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Tangnefedd said:
I think part of the problem is that some Israelis think that they have a God given right to their land, which of course they don't. The Palestinians have just as much right to a homeland as the Israelis, and it was madness and shortsightedness that two states were not created instead of one.

The original plan to divide the former British Mandate of Palestine would have divided the land equally, allowing the creation of two nations but the Arabs rejected it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel
(excerpt:
In 1947, following increasing levels of violence by militant groups, alongside unsuccessful efforts to reconcile the Jewish and Arab populations, the British government decided to withdraw from the Palestine Mandate.

Fulfillment of the 1947 UN Partition Plan would have divided the mandated territory into two states, Jewish and Arab, giving about half the land area to each state. Under this plan, Jerusalem was intended to be an international region under UN administration to avoid conflict over its status.

Immediately following the adoption of the Partition Plan by the United Nations General Assembly, the Palestinian Arab leadership rejected the plan to create the as-yet-unnamed Jewish state and launched a guerilla war.

On May 14, 1948, before the expiring of the British Mandate of Palestine on midnight of the May 15, 1948, the State of Israel was proclaimed. The surrounding Arab states supported the Palestinian Arabs in rejecting both the Partition Plan and the establishment of Israel, and the armies of six Arab nations attacked the State of Israel.

Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
Arundhati Roy said:
In 1937, Winston Churchill said of the Palestinians, I quote, "I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place." That set the trend for the Israeli State's attitude towards the Palestinians.

In 1969, Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir said, "Palestinians do not exist."

Her successor, Prime Minister Levi Eschol said, "What are Palestinians? When I came here (to Palestine), there were 250,000 non-Jews, mainly Arabs and Bedouins. It was a desert, more than underdeveloped. Nothing."

Prime Minister Menachem Begin called Palestinians "two-legged beasts."

Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir called them "grasshoppers" who could be crushed.

This is the language of Heads of State, not the words of ordinary people.
emphasis mine

http://www.lannan.org/docs/arundhati-roy-020918-trans-read.pdf

I just thought that I would post this. I see no defence for the words that have been spoken my the Iranian head of state.... but it is not the first time that we have heard words like that and it will not be the last. To only point to Hitler is disingenuous. We have seen this sort of attitude a million times over.

Upvote 0
C

chokmah

Defensor Fidei said:
So it was just a random mutation in Palestine that caused a blue-eyed lighter skinned group of Jews to appear? The Jews from Russia, Iberia, Syria, and Ethiopia are all part of the one Jewish-Palestinian tribe exiled from their land?

Someone is in serious need of knowing how many "dispersions" there have been.

Jews have been all around the world for more than two millenia. Sometimes, characteristics change.

I have African-American friends who have blue eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, blond hair, red hair; AND THEY'VE ONLY BEEN IN THE US FOR 200 YEARS.

But then again, reality seems to be a blur to you.

DF said:

--

Wow... two whole quotations to support your ideology. Let me give you a round of applause.

Then again, since your organization has been the largest murderer of Jews throughout history, I wouldn't expect you to fathom the reasons that Jews are relatively exclusivistic.

DF said:

Yep. So accursed that they bless every nation they live in. What a curse!

If the Old Testament is "forever gone"; then I guess you really have no problem worshipping that Roman idol, huh? I mean, if Jesus ain't Jewish; you've got yourself a real-life Mithras to adore. I wish you well in that endeavor. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.