Howdy, folks!

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know who reports me, but they do it because I express my opinion. I'm only allowed to "fellowship" and to give the meaning of Hebrew words - somehow without giving an opinion on the biblical text. :shrug:

Really! I don't know how anyone could give an opinion without giving an opinion! Sheesh.
I didn't think you wanted to come back....I'm soooo very happy to be wrong sometimes :D :hug:

We've kept your place at our table of fellowship clean and warm, just waiting for your return. We are so much more whole now!!

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I don't know who reports me, but they do it because I express my opinion. I'm only allowed to "fellowship" and to give the meaning of Hebrew words - somehow without giving an opinion on the biblical text. :shrug:

I think that a permanent ban should only be made where there are two separate witnesses who are prepared to be identified to the person about whom they have complained. In that way we maintain Torah requirements. If either of the two witnesses are found to be in error (or mischevious etc etc) they should be banned and the original poster fully reinstated. Having anonymous poster complaints that lead to staff making permanent bans is un-Biblical - the defendant has no real chance to defend him/her self.

Yonah, you could PM your opinion to another poster who will then post it in their name :) don't recall anything in the SOP that bans that!

But then I may get into trouble saying that - we're supposed NOT to criticise staff decisions and actions? Sure I read that somewhere.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I think that a permanent ban should only be made where there are two separate witnesses who are prepared to be identified to the person about whom they have complained. In that way we maintain Torah requirements. If either of the two witnesses are found to be in error (or mischevious etc etc) they should be banned and the original poster fully reinstated. Having anonymous poster complaints that lead to staff making permanent bans is un-Biblical - the defendant has no real chance to defend him/her self.

But then I may get into trouble saying that - we're supposed NOT to criticise staff decisions and actions? Sure I read that somewhere.
It use to be that way, when I was a mod.. but the back and forth back log was more than the abet efficiency of the system right now. There is not enough mods to treat every case like this..

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There should be some consideration when so many go on record for a banned poster......just saying that that should weigh in for something.

I would agree - that the opinion of the majority on a given sub-forum should have weight. :thumbsup: That should be brought up.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I sang Maoz Zur this year with my choir at our synagogue's celebration. I just wanted to share the arrangement, which I recorded on my own. I did all of the voices on this recording. I'm not a bass, and it's really hard for me to reach low tones - so I recorded the bass line a second time an octave higher (which sounds more soprano now than bass!!).

This is the link, for those who want to listen.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

Welcome back, I was wondering what happened to you. Sometimes I wonder if we are getting reported by people outside of our group.:wave:

After watching a pattern over a period of time, Michael, I am of the opinion, but only after forming a carefully studied opinion based on a certain pattern, that said reporting emanates from one from inside this group. But, of course, I do not know this for sure, to say for sure would be, as they say;"crazy", so I certainly would not nor am I even inferring that.

My guess is that the "report"-er is someone who gets bested in a discussion or interpretation of, say, a passage or word, in Hebrew and/or Greek, and after persistently putting forward an erroneous argument repeatedly and having been proven still wrong, then proceeds to not receive the kindly proffered correction and proceeds to "report" the profferer, the "report"-er lacking any grace or love but desiring revenge. For an outsider to report over an issue of word/passage defining does not seem logical, as, why should they care? Most likely an outsider would not. No, I don't think an outsider fits the "report"er type at all in the venue of defining words/passages in the original languages at all.

Going back over the threads where definition/interpretation occurs and our returned brother is commenting and helping, there occurs, upon certain occasion, a rising emoting on the part of the one being corrected, e're be it so subtle.

Just my $00.02.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yonah,
One old Mizzurruh(K C, Mo) mule to another, it's durned good to see you back.

I need to know the old Hebrew use and contextual meaning of several words(in Hebrew) from one who flows in Hebrew as a daily used language. You're eminently well qualified and skilled in Hebrew and linguistics in general, so you're elected, in my opinionated opinion. So, when I collect the questions, the Missouri motto, "show me".

Hope your stay here is pleasant, peaceful and that you will continue to benefit us as you always have done in the past.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yonah,
One old Mizzurruh(K C, Mo) mule to another, it's durned good to see you back.

I need to know the old Hebrew use and contextual meaning of several words(in Hebrew) from one who flows in Hebrew as a daily used language. You're eminently well qualified and skilled in Hebrew and linguistics in general, so you're elected, in my opinionated opinion. So, when I collect the questions, the Missouri motto, "show me".

Hope your stay here is pleasant, peaceful and that you will continue to benefit us as you always have done in the past.

Let me know when you've got the questions formulated. :) If I'm ever booted again, feel free to contact me by e-mail. Just let me know who you are on the forum so that I can respond correctly. :)

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I sang Maoz Zur this year with my choir at our synagogue's celebration. I just wanted to share the arrangement, which I recorded on my own. I did all of the voices on this recording. I'm not a bass, and it's really hard for me to reach low tones - so I recorded the bass line a second time an octave higher (which sounds more soprano now than bass!!).

Lovely!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
that said reporting emanates from one from inside this group.
I heard the same thing through the "grapevine"....hopefully there won't
be any more issues with Yonah's return.

Upvote 0

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Very nice. I like the arrangement.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

I love that songl You did it great!! Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
After watching a pattern over a period of time, Michael, I am of the opinion, but only after forming a carefully studied opinion based on a certain pattern, that said reporting emanates from one from inside this group. But, of course, I do not know this for sure, to say for sure would be, as they say;"crazy", so I certainly would not nor am I even inferring that.

My guess is that the "report"-er is someone who gets bested in a discussion or interpretation of, say, a passage or word, in Hebrew and/or Greek, and after persistently putting forward an erroneous argument repeatedly and having been proven still wrong, then proceeds to not receive the kindly proffered correction and proceeds to "report" the profferer, the "report"-er lacking any grace or love but desiring revenge. For an outsider to report over an issue of word/passage defining does not seem logical, as, why should they care? Most likely an outsider would not. No, I don't think an outsider fits the "report"er type at all in the venue of defining words/passages in the original languages at all.

Going back over the threads where definition/interpretation occurs and our returned brother is commenting and helping, there occurs, upon certain occasion, a rising emoting on the part of the one being corrected, e're be it so subtle.

Just my $00.02.

I had several disagreements with Yonah during my first months on the board, and though I did not always accept his opinions as fact, I always appreciated his viewpoint. I would rather have someone honestly disagree with me than to just ignore what they don't agree with. No one learns anything that way.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

I heard the same thing through the "grapevine"....hopefully there won't
be any more issues with Yonah's return.

Well, I suspect that Sister Maria Margaretha Theresa Monica Elizabeth Lucia Portia Mercedes Toyota GaGa Faustina Troia Rosetta-Stone Knuckle-Whacker would put "Does not play well with others" under Deportment on his report card, along with an F- for scholarship, meaning the "report"-er's report card of course.

Yeah, Yonah is needed for those of us that want to deal with reality and factual material, not space theories. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeze----O!

Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

I have never reported any of you, because Im not that kind of person.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have never reported any of you, because Im not that kind of person.

:wave:I believe you are telling the truth. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think anyone was thinking of you, not in this situation anyway. :clap:

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome back Yonah, :wave:I remember someone saying you were gone and that you weren't coming back, I am glad to see that isn't the case.

As you can see you have been greatly missed here, I hope your time here is well spent and you don't feel like you are walking on egg shells. ;)

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I am quite aware that I probably won't be on here for more than a month (that might be ambitious even) until I'm under ban again. With the new system, once you have a couple of infractions, you wait until your ban is over - and then you sit with a couple of infractions until one more throws you off the forum again. In fact, if I have one more, it will indeed be a permanent ban. There was a glitch in the system in early November (according to Edial) that messed something up with the infractions - and so they made mine non-permanent.

As it is, I don't anticipate opening up any kind of forum life here. My participation totters on the edge of a knife, just looking for that trigger-happy jerk who doesn't want me here. I left my email above, and you guys should feel free to contact me away from here if I disappear again (of course, I don't mean "if" but "when").

I wish that there were some kind of protection from banning for situations like these. I'm obviously not a forum agitator.

Upvote 0