Sioux Falls, SD
✟99,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unfortunately, we have little control over what others think, say or do. I remember something said by Reginald Denny, the truck driver who's attack was caught on camera during the Rodney King Riots in LA. From his hospital bed he said. 'It stops here.' That is pretty much all one can do. It stops here.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Somebody is not very bright, Is what I was saying.May be I should leave you to celebrate "screw the w....." in your own way.

You are entitled to determining who is bright and who is not, based on your personal perceptions and needs.

I was asking for examples of what you claimed and I would conclude from your responses, none is to be expected?

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
You are entitled to determining who is bright and who is not, based on your personal perceptions and needs.

I was asking for examples of what you claimed and I would conclude from your responses, none is to be expected?

I don't feel entitled to anything.I happened to earn my way in almost everything.

About that brightness thing is self evident from the following posts.

rationalt said:
Observation. And some third party double blind studies :p .
bhsmte said:
Examples?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A repost of mine from another thread: The thing about racism is that sometimes people become that way after experiencing negative things of a racist nature directed at them from other people. Racism is ugly and vicious because it is a cycle that can affect anyone, anywhere, of any race- and it won't stop until people (even those who've been done wrong/victims of it) decide to end that cycle on their end as well. If you think racism isn't an EVERYBODY problem and only something white people need to deal with on their end, the problem will never be solved, and that's a fact.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't feel entitled to anything.I happened to earn my way in almost everything.

About that brightness thing is self evident from the following posts.

One thing for sure is self evident, someone not willing to support their own claim.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A repost of mine from another thread: The thing about racism is that sometimes people become that way after experiencing negative things of a racist nature directed at them from other people. Racism is ugly and vicious because it is a cycle that can affect anyone, anywhere, of any race- and it won't stop until people (even those who've been done wrong/victims of it) decide to end that cycle on their end as well. If you think racism isn't an EVERYBODY problem and only something white people need to deal with on their end, the problem will never be solved, and that's a fact.

Agree.

As long as the human mind works the way it does, there will always be some form of racism.

The level or racism is what changes, and is evidenced by how it has approved for blacks in the last several decades. With 300+ million people, there is no way to prevent all from being racist.

The thing that bothers me the most today, is when racism is claimed, when no evidence for racism exists. IMO, this inhibits any further improvement on the situation.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of Americans are still racist. That isn't a liberal concept. It's simply the facts. One of the biggest myths perpetrated by white culture in America today is that because we allow people of color to sit at our lunch counters with us, and because we let their kids go to schools with our kids, that we now live in a post-racial America. This simply is not true. Okay, so we have a black president? But did you know I worked with a black man who, the night after he and his family moved into an affluent Atlanta neighborhood, someone left an empty KFC bucket on his front porch and spray-painted racial slurs on his driveway? So the schools are integrated now, but did you know that when I dated a black guy, who came from a wealthy family, white people assumed his money came from selling dope and not the hard work of his parents? So we don't typically see men in pointy hats and robes burning crosses on people's lawns, but white people still complain (loudly) about "reverse racism" over the BET channel, or a predominantly black awards ceremony?

Overt racism has simply been replaced by a more seemingly polite systemic racial bias against people of color. It's far more insidious, because it hides in plain sight. It's instilled in children. It permeates every facet of white society. It causes racist jokes to be shared on the farm and in the country club. It makes women clutch their purse a little more tightly when passing a black man on the sidewalk than she may when passing a white man. It makes white people attribute criminal behavior to a person's skin color, rather than assign the blame to an individuals lack of integrity. It makes people say things like, "pretty typical for those people." It's why whenever a black male robs a store at gunpoint he's called a "thug" or an animal, but when a white male guns down school children he's "mentally ill" and given sympathy. It's why being black at a pool party will get you body slammed and held at gunpoint, but being a white male who just shot up a black church, killing a pastor and politician, will get you a friendly trip to the Burger King on the way to jail.
Speak for yourself. Most of America has been over it for 50 years.

Your proof, is that there are exceptions. Our proof, is that we love and idealize people of all races, and have lived this way long enough not to get drug back into it by the few or by guilt.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
If you want your child to do well in school, is it a good idea to constantly call him stupid? No.
Does that apply to adults too? Yes.
So, if you constantly call people racist, will that make them more or less racist?
I think it makes the problem worse. Liberals are really trying to push the idea that lots of Americans are still racist. Sometimes they call it institutional racism. That sort of talk will irritate or anger many people; nobody likes being accused of evil. It pushes some toward despair or apathy; if after all we've done trying to be fair and colorblind we're still racist, what more can we do? Better just give up.

And this may be what the liberal elite wants. If racism really goes away, they lose their position of prestige and influence as spokesman for the downtrodden races.
Race relations seemed better before this administration. The constant harping on race by the race baiters today only inflames extraordinary racism.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speak for yourself. Most of America has been over it for 50 years.

Your proof, is that there are exceptions. Our proof, is that we love and idealize people of all races, and have lived this way long enough not to get drug back into it by the few or by guilt.

As seen through the eyes of the majority. Pretty easy to claim society is "over racism" when you've never been, nor likely ever will be, affected directly by racism.

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As seen through the eyes of the majority. Pretty easy to claim society is "over racism" when you've never been, nor likely ever will be, affected directly by racism.
While I don't agree with the post you're responding to, I do have to say that I have witnessed scenarios in which a minority automatically assumed someone was being racist against them, whereas witnesses to said scenario saw other, more likely possibilities over racism. Sometimes, people see what they want to see, and our perceptions drive a lot of our worldview (be they right or wrong).

Reactions: katautumn
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
On the level of ordinary racism, where someone prefers to personally associate with certain races: this is normal and nothing is wrong with this. We all possess preferences in every area of our lives.

On the level of extraordinary racism, where someone harms another based on their race: this is abnormal and wrong, and such actions would be prosecuted under normal injury law.

Reactions: ScottA
Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the level of ordinary racism, where someone prefers to personally associate with certain races: this is normal and nothing is wrong with this. We all possess preferences in every area of our lives.

On the level of extraordinary racism, where someone harms another based on their race: this is abnormal and wrong, and such actions would be prosecuted under normal injury law.

There is a middle area, though, that can be just as oppressive as the cross burning days of old. I don't consider spending more time predominantly with people of your own race inherently racist. It may just your area isn't particularly diverse in the first place, or that you find you don't have common interests with people and they just happen to be people of color. But it doesn't necessarily need to swing to the extreme end of the spectrum and involve a hate crime in order to be racist. There is, still, institutionalized racism at work in America. It's just not as overt as it used to be.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have. I got over it. (Pretty easy to guess and be wrong) :( I don't suppose you would like to apologize?

Upvote 0