Goofy Elizabeth Warren[93][94][95]Elizabeth Warren

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If ten million illegal crossings is not an open border - what IS?
It is not. You have been lied to by the side you support.

Axios Explains: The myth of a U.S.-Mexico "open border"​

The big picture: By using the term "open border," conservatives — including Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who is seeking the role of House speaker — are suggesting that anyone can get into the U.S. without much hassle. But the reality is that the southern border is more fortified than it's ever been.

Reality check:
Since 1992, the U.S. has quadrupled the number of Border Patrol agents — from less than 5,000 to nearly 20,000 today.

• Barriers, walls, and fences have been erected along portions of the 1,951-mile U.S.-Mexico border, in addition to new Border Patrol outposts and high-tech surveillance systems.
  • The Border Patrol regularly breaks border arrest records, highlighting the difficulty of entering the country illegally.
  • Most recently, Biden decided to go forward with a border wall in South Texas.
  • Lines at ports of entry have gotten longer because of new requirements to enter the U.S., putting pressure to expand hours at newer ports of entry like the one in Santa Teresa, New Mexico.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you do not know the definition of ambiguous. :doubtful or uncertain especially from obscurity or indistinctness

Trump's talk is ambiguous, and the reason you see it like the average rightist Joe is due to bias. You read what you want.

How is the country going to suffer a bloodbath because of cars made in Mexico? Can you explain that the bloodbath will be?

Please go back to my post here and read (I even took a screenshot of the dictionary and included a CNN news report on the bloodbath 4 years ago)

^^^ link to my post.

You should respond to that post

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Please go back to my post here and read (I even took a screenshot of the dictionary and included a CNN news report on the bloodbath 4 years ago)

^^^ link to my post.

You should respond to that post
That post was describing the stock exchange, and Trump was not talking about the stock exchange. The AMBIGUITY I described is whether Trump was describing the country or just the autos coming from Mexico. You think that just because they used the word 'bloodbath' does not make the two comparable?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not God, but I would be far from shocked if Trump was not right and no not because I think he would do anything or encourage his supporters to do anything, but because certain people (notice I did not include a race or any other class do not trust the current government that and Trump is ahead in most of the states that matter( whether a particular person agrees with only certain states mattering or not, so it would seem possible that this time if cheating is either confirmed or suspected it could get really nasty really quickly

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Biden stood on the picket line with the UAW. Trump cares nothing about the workers.

As for bloodbaths, I'm more likely to have a bathtub gin party and go dancing in the streets!
If Trump wins you will do that?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump was not talking about the stock exchange

Trump IS sitting right there talking about economics... That's what economics sounds like. Businesses do this, government does that, stock markets do this.

Agree or disagree with the premise but Trump can't really dumb things down any further for anyone.

He's predicting a stock market reaction that's very large and very negative if we don't confront China here, one comparable or worse than a Dow 800 point loss in a single day..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Financially poor, rich in faith.
Financially rich, poor in faith.

Keep the faith.
To be fair it is possible to have both money (be rich) and have faith. Is it easy to trust money if you have plenty of it whether than God sure, but does that mean that EVERYONE who is wealthy does not also have faith no. There are also plenty of poor atheists in the world.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The border is not open. Once you admit the truth, the straw man fallacy disappears.

Are your children being raped and murdered? In the last three years, how many children have been raped and murdered by an open border for those who walk through it without any consequences? It is time for you to support your outlandish claims so we know the truth.
If the border is not open why do we have 1,000s of people walking across every day illegally?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Trump IS sitting right there talking about economics... That's what economics sounds like. Businesses do this, government does that, stock markets do this.

Agree or disagree with the premise but Trump can't really dumb things down any further for anyone.

He's predicting a stock market reaction that's very large and very negative if we don't confront China here, one comparable or worse than a Dow 800 point loss in a single day..
Then he was talking about America being a bloodbath if he loses....

That is what I thought. He keep drumming up more apocalyptic fear if he does not win, and his supporters are buying into his fearmongering.

Trump is not an economist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then he was talking about America being a bloodbath if he loses....

That is what I thought. He keep drumming up more apocalyptic fear if he does not win, and his supporters are buying into his fearmongering.

Trump is not an economist.

What happens in a stock market crash do you think, in America?

Do you think we will just keep skating along and it'll be okay? Or do you think many things piled up are going to negativity affect the average American?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Most of them are being let in so they can surrender themselves to the authorities.
Why would they do that and for that matter once here how many of them ACTUALLY surrender to authorities?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
What happens in a stock market crash do you think, in America?

Do you think we will just keep skating along and it'll be okay? Or do you think many things piled up are going to negativity affect the average American?
The last one was under Trump, March 2020

Was there a bloodbath?

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Why would they do that and for that matter once here how many of them ACTUALLY surrender to authorities?
Those people had to pay large bribes to be ferried through gang-controlled territory and now they are stranded in a desert region where the Government of Mexico does not exercise effective sovereignty. They have no resources and no way back. There are thousands of them; it's a humanitarian crisis. If they can set foot on American soil they can claim asylum even if they entered illegally. If they enter "illegally" in a supervised fashion they are actually easier to keep track of. It's better for them, too, because it starts the clock on their asylum claims sooner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If they don't surrender to authorities, then the become illegal immigrants. If they do surrender then they have the chance to ask for asylum and are not considered illegal.

Reactions: xser88
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
He said that if he's elected he's putting the Chinese president on notice that he will put a 100% tariff on Chinese cars that are manufactured in Mexico.

Trump wants more tariffs. His earlier trade wars cost Americans $230 billion to date​

here could be many different reasons for imposing tariffs. Biden’s top trade official recently called them “a tool for remedying unfair trade.” But tariffs don’t bring in revenue from foreign countries, as Trump often claims. It’s American importers – not China or any other foreign country or company – that pays the tariffs.

“A tariff is just a form of a tax,” said Erica York, a senior economist and research director at the conservative-leaning Tax Foundation.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sure looks like the border was opened after Biden removing the Trump policies.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't take advice from someone with multiple bankruptcies.

Putin is the greatest threat to the free world now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.