Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are not lying. They really and firmly believe certain races to be innately inferior.
That was the old way of racism, and there are a few hanging on to it, but for the most part society has moved on. What we have now is a lazy, cop out, political blame game, with an agenda...and you are buying into (helping their cause). Move on.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That was the old way of racism, and there are a few hanging on to it, but for the most part society has moved on. What we have now is a lazy, cop out, political blame game, with an agenda...and you are buying into (helping their cause). Move on.
If by few you mean a huge number.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If by few you mean a huge number.
Fortunately the percentage of people actually hanging on to that old way of racism and playing the political blame game an agenda, is small. Most have moved on. Unfortunately, that small percentage is a lot of people. Sad too, 'cause they are buying into the agenda of lingering hate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dinonum

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
Indiana
✟29,804.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want your child to do well in school, is it a good idea to constantly call him stupid? No.
Does that apply to adults too? Yes.
So, if you constantly call people racist, will that make them more or less racist?
I think it makes the problem worse. Liberals are really trying to push the idea that lots of Americans are still racist. Sometimes they call it institutional racism. That sort of talk will irritate or anger many people; nobody likes being accused of evil. It pushes some toward despair or apathy; if after all we've done trying to be fair and colorblind we're still racist, what more can we do? Better just give up.

And this may be what the liberal elite wants. If racism really goes away, they lose their position of prestige and influence as spokesman for the downtrodden races.
This is really hard to follow logic. Should victims abuse no longer label their perpetrator an abuser? Does that somehow cause more abuse?

Racism does not go away simply by ignoring it. Last year, I lost a friend because I said something racist. It hurt. It hurt so bad that I had to take time away from things that I love to really think about what I said. Deciding that because it feels crummy to have your prejudice pointed out, we should just stop talking about it, is taking the weak-willed way out in my opinion. We have to challenge ourselves and move past our own preconceived notions about ourselves and others.

In fact, this particular issue reminds me of Paul calling out the sins of others throughout the New Testament. The church doesn't teach us that if we just stop calling other people sinners, they will learn to no longer sin.

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Racism? I thought there was one race of humans... Homo Sapiens right? What are the others again?
Yeah, this ship already sailed back in the 60's (1860 & 1960). Since then a good half of everyone's heroes in art, music, sports, education, etc. have been of different races...meaning that we have been over it as a society for 50 years! The only reason we have a problem with it now, is because it fuels a particular political agenda, which of course (sad to say) is all about money. And all the kind-hearted suckers are buying into it with their own load of guilt :(

Reactions: BabylonWeary
Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lots of Americans are still racist. That isn't a liberal concept. It's simply the facts. One of the biggest myths perpetrated by white culture in America today is that because we allow people of color to sit at our lunch counters with us, and because we let their kids go to schools with our kids, that we now live in a post-racial America. This simply is not true. Okay, so we have a black president? But did you know I worked with a black man who, the night after he and his family moved into an affluent Atlanta neighborhood, someone left an empty KFC bucket on his front porch and spray-painted racial slurs on his driveway? So the schools are integrated now, but did you know that when I dated a black guy, who came from a wealthy family, white people assumed his money came from selling dope and not the hard work of his parents? So we don't typically see men in pointy hats and robes burning crosses on people's lawns, but white people still complain (loudly) about "reverse racism" over the BET channel, or a predominantly black awards ceremony?

Overt racism has simply been replaced by a more seemingly polite systemic racial bias against people of color. It's far more insidious, because it hides in plain sight. It's instilled in children. It permeates every facet of white society. It causes racist jokes to be shared on the farm and in the country club. It makes women clutch their purse a little more tightly when passing a black man on the sidewalk than she may when passing a white man. It makes white people attribute criminal behavior to a person's skin color, rather than assign the blame to an individuals lack of integrity. It makes people say things like, "pretty typical for those people." It's why whenever a black male robs a store at gunpoint he's called a "thug" or an animal, but when a white male guns down school children he's "mentally ill" and given sympathy. It's why being black at a pool party will get you body slammed and held at gunpoint, but being a white male who just shot up a black church, killing a pastor and politician, will get you a friendly trip to the Burger King on the way to jail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.