House GOP Leader McCarthy Opposes Commission on Jan 6; It passes with 35 GOP votes (fails in Senate)

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, didn't watch it, I don't need a documentary to know how out of touch they are. You laugh, yet you are also politically aligned with them.

No, I am totally against QAnan. I consider myself both a Democrat and a Republican... With Libertarian leanings.

...What I'm not is an independent, because I like the big main parties.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am totally against QAnan. I consider myself both a Democrat and a Republican... With Libertarian leanings.

...What I'm not is an independent, because I like the main parties.
The political views I've seen you express in CF are conservative and aligned with Q-anon. Even your claim is pretty common among Q-anon folks.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The political views I've seen you express in CF are conservative and aligned with Q-anon. Even your claim is pretty common among Q-anon folks.

I guess you haven't seen that I am a Biden supporter then. I think he's doing a good job (except for not acting in regards to Chinese aggression) for the most part.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess you haven't seen that I am a Biden supporter then.
Nope, haven't seen that at all. I see just in this thread which is about McCarthy and Republicans refusing to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection you're choosing instead to attack BLM and Pelosi.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, haven't seen that at all. I see just in this thread which is about McCarthy and Republicans refusing to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection you're choosing instead to attack BLM and Pelosi.

I actually made a mistake earlier... I misheard the news (NPR). NPR is the only news I listen to unless I'm searching for something specific online.

...But I feel like I try to be flexible to logical arguments, should such arguments be presented in honesty.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually made a mistake earlier... I misheard the news (NPR). NPR is the only news I listen to unless I'm searching for something specific online.

...But I feel like I try to be flexible to logical arguments, should such arguments be presented in honesty.
I knew you didn't hear on NPR what you said you heard. I don't see any flexibility in your arguments.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I knew you didn't hear on NPR what you said you heard. I don't see any flexibility in your arguments.

Like I said earlier... I'm not sure if NPR made a gaff and said Pelosi when they meant McCarthy, or if my brain heard Pelosi when they actually did say McCarthy.... But I was driving when I heard it.

I don't listen to anything but 89.9 FM KCRW, and I don’t watch cable news. so...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
meh. You guys will know what I was talking about in a few days. It's not online yet.

Well now I'm intrigued! A super-secret insider with secret knowledge! Cool beanz!

Can you drop a hint? Is it that BLM tried to get ahold of a tactical suitcase nuke? Or was it that the entire Democrat Party voted in a secret election to eliminate all law and order? Wow....I'm atingle with the need to know what exciting news is coming!!!

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no logical reason to equate Jan 6 with BLM protest. None.

...to be fair the Capitol police were more prepared for the horrors of the BLM marches than 1/6. Someone must have tipped them off! If only there was some way to know that a group of impromptu "tourists" wearing MAGA hats would violently break into the Capitol building to take selfies and be patriotic.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well now I'm intrigued! A super-secret insider with secret knowledge! Cool beanz!

Can you drop a hint? Is it that BLM tried to get ahold of a tactical suitcase nuke? Or was it that the entire Democrat Party voted in a secret election to eliminate all law and order? Wow....I'm atingle with the need to know what exciting news is coming!!!

It's all top secret. You'll just have to wait for the next LCanon drop.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...then why did they oust Cheney, one of the few who acknowledged the big lie?

They didn't oust her --they cancelled her.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Two and a half years and $7 million investigating Benghazi---and refusing to participate in a bipartisan investigation of 1/6?

That tells me everything about the Republican Party I need to know.
Then you think there should have been complete cooperation on the part of Congressional Democrats and the Obama administration in case of Benghazi, am I right?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then you think there should have been complete cooperation on the part of Congressional Democrats in case of Benghazi, right?

Plenty of Democrats were involved. It's not their fault that all 5 House Committees released 'interim' partisan reports containing no Democratic input.

The U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence delivered their bipartisan report on the terrorist attacks on January 15, 2014.

Five House Committees (Armed Services, Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, Judiciary, and Oversight and Government Reform) initiated their own inquiries soon after the attack. The Republicans on these five House Committees[12] delivered an interim report to the Members of the House Republican Conference on April 23, 2013.[13] The interim report, which contains the conclusions of the Republican majority staff,[13] signed only by the five Republican chairmen of those committees and stated "This staff report has not been officially adopted by the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on Foreign Affairs, the Committee on the Judiciary, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, or the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and therefore may not necessarily reflect the views of their Members,"

On August 1, 2014, the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then you think there should have been complete cooperation on the part of Congressional Democrats and the Obama administration in case of Benghazi, am I right?

Plenty of Democrats were involved. It's not their fault that all 5 House Committees released 'interim' partisan reports containing no Democratic input.

The U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence delivered their bipartisan report on the terrorist attacks on January 15, 2014.

Five House Committees (Armed Services, Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, Judiciary, and Oversight and Government Reform) initiated their own inquiries soon after the attack. The Republicans on these five House Committees[12] delivered an interim report to the Members of the House Republican Conference on April 23, 2013.[13] The interim report, which contains the conclusions of the Republican majority staff,[13] signed only by the five Republican chairmen of those committees and stated "This staff report has not been officially adopted by the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on Foreign Affairs, the Committee on the Judiciary, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, or the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and therefore may not necessarily reflect the views of their Members,"

On August 1, 2014, the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya

Looks like the Right is going to need a new distraction; Benghazi's reaching the end of its shelf life.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy came out in strong opposition to the bipartisan deal, but GOP sources familiar with the matter said that as many as 40 House Republicans could back the plan — in part because of the 29 GOP members of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, a group that endorsed the plan Tuesday.

In the latest sign that House Republican leadership wants the conference united behind McCarthy's opposition, Minority Whip Steve Scalise's office sent a letter to members informing them that the leadership was now advocating Republicans vote against the legislation, which was a reversal from GOP leadership's previous position to not lobby their members on the measure.

GOP leadership is worried that too many members will listen to their conscience. Time for the whip to give them their marching orders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like I said earlier... I'm not sure if NPR made a gaff and said Pelosi when they meant McCarthy, or if my brain heard Pelosi when they actually did say McCarthy.... But I was driving when I heard it.

I don't listen to anything but 89.9 FM KCRW, and I don’t watch cable news. so...
I trust you listen to what you say you listen to. I believe you also get information from other sources even if you're not going to those sources directly as you do with FM KCRW but you get information from them. You at times inadvertently glean information from radios, TV's, articles, etc. that you happen by. Perfect example - you get news from CF, whether you want to or not, whether you believe it or not, whether you trust it or not - clearly you are here and reading so you are picking up information from something other than the one source you claim.

However, I also believe you often don't actually hear what you think you heard. It's easy when you're listening and doing something else like driving to not really hear and internalize everything, so it's easy to later be mistaken about what you heard.

This thing with Pelosi is a prime example.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Kratzo
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope the Dems force this issue, it will show the public just how much they fear Trump and cannot move on now that they have control of both houses and the President's office people will see that it isn't enough for them as they won't be able to resist castigating Trump during the "hearings".

you mean unlike the GOP that ousted one of their own for saying trump lost the election?

Upvote 0