Republican Missouri Senate leader removes several Republican state senators from committees

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
(dateline January 23)

Republican infighting hit a new level Tuesday as Senate leadership removed other GOP members from committee positions.

“The beginning of the 2024 Legislative Session in the Senate has been nothing short of an embarrassment,” [president pro tem Caleb] Rowden said. “A chamber designed to be occupied with civil, principal statesmen and women have been overtaken by a small group of swamp creatures who remind me all too often of my children than my colleagues.”

Rowden says members of the “Chaos Caucus,” a group of lawmakers more formally known as the “Freedom Caucus,” have “chosen to use the Missouri Senate as a place to try and salvage their languishing statewide campaigns and intentionally destroy the institution in an effort to claim the game is rigged against them.”

Hoskins, Brattin, Koenig and Eigel all have ties to the Freedom Caucus, which consists of a group of hard-right Republican members. The group has reportedly been linked to some tensions and fillibusters in recent weeks.

[Counterpoint from Bill Eigel:] “Jefferson City is ruled by a uniparty cartel of special interests, RINOs, and Democrats, who band together to crush the voice of the people. These are the same tactics The Swamp uses against President Trump. They can strip me of my chairmanship, they can kick me off committees, they can drag my name through the mud, but I am not backing down."

Besides being stripped of their committee hearings, the senators also had their parking spots removed from the Capitol’s basement garage.

--

Bill Eigel was last seen hereabouts using a flamethrower to demonstrate his future school library policy if he is elected governor.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
After reading the article I'm confused. Who is supposed to be the good guy in this bar fight?

If you need someone to root for, maybe I should have left this line in the OP:

Across the aisle, Senate Minority Leader John Rizzo, D-Independence, is calling on senators to move forward to work on common ground legislation like raising teacher pay and making child care more affordable.

Upvote 0