Discussion Holy Spirit/Jesus teaching us.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
No, if a person is practicing sin and does not ever consider repenting, then that proves he never did have the Holy Spirit, and was never a child of God, and God never knew him in the first place.

Jesus said "My sheep know My voice" But sheep screw up once in a while, the Shepherd loves them in spite of their faults.
Sinning for a Spiritual Christian is not just a screw up. Sinning for one who has been given the knowledge of the truth is a rebellion against God.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. -----------“

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sinning for a Spiritual Christian is not just a screw up. Sinning for one who has been given the knowledge of the truth is a rebellion against God.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. -----------“

So what is your definition of sin? Please be thorough

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
So what is your definition of sin? Please be thorough
Sin is any wrong doing.

Thinking negative of another person. Entertaining evil thoughts.

Not keeping God’s Commandments.

Calling another man here on earth Father or otherwise raising up another above others.

Having possessions of more than one needs when one knows of others in need of those possessions.

Killing or intentionally hurting another person for any reason.

Not obeying just authority.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

I can’t post all of the wrongdoings, but the above should give you an idea of what I believe is sin.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sin is any wrong doing.

Thinking negative of another person. Entertaining evil thoughts.

Not keeping God’s Commandments.

Calling another man here on earth Father or otherwise raising up another above others.

Having possessions of more than one needs when one knows of others in need of those possessions.

Killing or intentionally hurting another person for any reason.

Not obeying just authority.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

I can’t post all of the wrongdoings, but the above should give you an idea of what I believe is sin.

dup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is lying a sin?

Is getting angry or unjustly accusing someone of something a sin?

Calling in to work sick when not sick?

Telling someone they look nice and you don't think they do?

Getting extra money back at the checkout counter and not giving it back?

Lusting or thinking any dirty thoughts about a real person or photo/advertisement?

Eating pork?

Breaking the law/speeding/tickets

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Is lying a sin?

Is getting angry or unjustly accusing someone of something a sin?

Calling in to work sick when not sick?

Telling someone they look nice and you don't think they do?

Getting extra money back at the checkout counter and not giving it back?

Lusting or thinking any dirty thoughts about a real person or photo/advertisement?

Eating pork?

Breaking the law/speeding/tickets
All that is covered in wrongdoing.

Upvote 0

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think at the end every "soul" is saved. If God is love then why not? Jesus wasn't hating sinners? I think you can go around doing sins even if you have gift of speaking in tongues, holy spirit etc. Problem is that you don't want to do that anymore. If you do, you feel like you rebel against God.. and you don't walk with Jesus(God); you don't let him accomplish his plan for you if you don't follow him. You could kill someone and you still will end up in heaven. I think somewhere in scripture it says that Jesus will bring back every lamb who is astray.

Very interesting first post btw. God spoke to me through someone, he actually spoke through me too. It felt like I was in heaven, never felt anything like that before. Words just were coming out, I didn't think of them at all (just like in tongue speaking, except even "easier", like literally someone took me over), I was somewhere else in my mind. When he spoke to me, I realized no human being can tell such things I heard. I never met this person before he talked through and this guy just blurted out my deepest thoughts I have never told anyone before. There is also no way human being can read so much about someone, you literally have to see inside my soul to say those things.. and know what I have thought of before. It was supernatural.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think at the end every "soul" is saved. If God is love then why not? Jesus wasn't hating sinners? I think you can go around doing sins even if you have gift of speaking in tongues, holy spirit etc. Problem is that you don't want to do that anymore. If you do, you feel like you rebel against God.. and you don't walk with Jesus(God); you don't let him accomplish his plan for you if you don't follow him. You could kill someone and you still will end up in heaven. I think somewhere in scripture it says that Jesus will bring back every lamb who is astray.
That is putting a sugar coating on the message of what it means to be a Christian.

Most Church ministers do the same thing. Some call it taking people the scenic route.

The trouble with all that is it can’t be confirmed by the written Word of God. It is just people’s opinion.

Upvote 0

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is putting a sugar coating on the message of what it means to be a Christian.

Most Church ministers do the same thing. Some call it taking people the scenic route.

The trouble with all that is it can’t be confirmed by the written Word of God. It is just people’s opinion.

Think of this; God is beginning and the end, right? It is said that he has defeated sin through his only Son, right? What does it mean, if you start thinking of the end? God is already at the end, he can see that sin is defeated, but we humans don't see that yet, because we don't live in the end yet. Do you understand? At the end _everyone_ is saved, because sin is defeated. Give enough time and every soul will believe in Jesus. "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Think of this; God is beginning and the end, right? It is said that he has defeated sin through his only Son, right? What does it mean, if you start thinking of the end? God is already at the end, he can see that sin is defeated, but we humans don't see that yet, because we don't live in the end yet. Do you understand? At the end _everyone_ is saved, because sin is defeated.
Your logic does not have any scripture to confirm it.

Jesus told us the following, and it tells us who will come to heaven with him.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

That does not say all will be in the kingdom of God.

Also Paul said:

People who do wrong will not go to the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very interesting, thanks for making me question this. There are more scriptures too which back you up..

Though its still kinda illogical to me to think that "hell" would exist even at the *very end*
Also many people go through life without even hearing a single word of God. Where do these people go? Or their souls? Kinda unfair and makes no sense if they go to hell if you ask me. I actually think "hell" is something people experience on earth when they live without God. No matter who you look at, you see they are broken more or less (you believe that its demons who put evil thoughts, kinda make sense with this theory if Satan is "free to roam" on earth, right?) if they don't believe in Jesus. And when Kingdom of God will be established on Earth.. "hell" will be gone and sins with it.,,?

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Very interesting, thanks for making me question this. There are more scriptures too which back you up..

Though its still kinda illogical to me to think that "hell" would exist even at the *very end*
Also many people go through life without even hearing a single word of God. Where do these people go? Or their souls? Kinda unfair and makes no sense if they go to hell if you ask me. I actually think "hell" is something people experience on earth when they live without God. No matter who you look at, you see they are broken more or less (you believe that its demons who put evil thoughts, kinda make sense with this theory if Satan is "free to roam" on earth, right?) if they don't believe in Jesus. And when Kingdom of God will be established on Earth.. "hell" will be gone and sins with it.,,?
We don’t know how God will judge people. Also we don’t truly know where people who don’t go to heaven go.

Jesus told us who would go to Heaven, but he did not say the rest of the people would go to Hell.

I personally believe, and Jesus tells me I am right that there is another place for people, and it is not Hell.

Upvote 0

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We don’t know how God will judge people. Also we don’t truly know where people who don’t go to heaven go.

Jesus told us who would go to Heaven, but he did not say the rest of the people would go to Hell.

I personally believe, and Jesus tells me I am right that there is another place for people, and it is not Hell.

There are many successful ministries which tell people that everyone is saved. Surely God would have spoken to them and told that they are wrong at what they are teaching? I mean Jesus died for everyone's sins. Already dead or to be born, doesn't matter. All sins anyone has done or will do have already been forgiven. so..?

I think I will get you but its too much typing and its already late here.

But really think what is unconditional love and forgiveness. Then think those things on "God's standards" if u get what I mean. Also do you know psychologically why people sin? Steal, murder etc. Its because most of them simply lack love in their lives. Nobody is there to help them, nobody shows love etc. I ask you, what is God? What does he feel like to you?

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
There are many successful ministries which tell people that everyone is saved. Surely God would have spoken to them and told that they are wrong at what they are teaching? I mean Jesus died for everyone's sins. Already dead or to be born, doesn't matter. All sins anyone has done or will do have already been forgiven. so..?

I think I will get you but its too much typing and its already late here.

But really think what is unconditional love and forgiveness. Then think those things on "God's standards" if u get what I mean. Also do you know psychologically why people sin? Steal, murder etc. Its because most of them simply lack love in their lives. Nobody is there to help them, nobody shows love etc. I ask you, what is God? What does he feel like to you?
That is a big assumption you made.

Jesus once had me tell a large room full of ministers they did not love him.

Most of the ministers were pastors of their churches. These ministers claimed to walk in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus had me tell them they did not love him. Jesus gave me scripture to read to them, telling them to love him they had to keep his Commandments.

The majority especially the leadership, never doubted that it was Jesus that had me tell them that they did not love Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back to the OP. If we have no need of a teacher. Why did God give us teachers in the church?

Eph 4:11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

What is your scripture to support that there is an alternate place to heaven and hell.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Back to the OP. If we have no need of a teacher. Why did God give us teachers in the church?

Eph 4:11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

We should have pastor/teachers, but we need to check what we have learned with the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

The Churches job is mainly to evangelize and that means converting people who don’t know about Jesus. There is where the teachers are needed.

By the way I did not write the following scripture, and it says the Holy Spirit will teach one everything. Read it and argue with John, he wrote that.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Upvote 0