Discussion Holy Spirit/Jesus teaching us.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
This thread is about having the Holy Spirit teaching one to know God.

Paul tells us only God can bring one to know God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.---------“

John tells us that we are given the Holy Spirit to teach us everything.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
What a shame to still be believing a lie. Mind you I was deceived for many years and didnt realise til God intervened and freed me. Its a shame though when you see a lie that has such a hold. May God be merciful and intervene sooner rather than later for His Names sake.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very interesting, thanks for making me question this. There are more scriptures too which back you up..

Though its still kinda illogical to me to think that "hell" would exist even at the *very end*
Also many people go through life without even hearing a single word of God. Where do these people go? Or their souls? Kinda unfair and makes no sense if they go to hell if you ask me. I actually think "hell" is something people experience on earth when they live without God. No matter who you look at, you see they are broken more or less (you believe that its demons who put evil thoughts, kinda make sense with this theory if Satan is "free to roam" on earth, right?) if they don't believe in Jesus. And when Kingdom of God will be established on Earth.. "hell" will be gone and sins with it.,,?

I am not going to partake in your argument anymore, it is clear that I don't really know Scripture yet, just take a look at my last 3 posts haha. But because of those 3 posts I believe God led me to this thread. I was letting my imagination take hold on this "God is Love" thought too much before I even read Revelations or really understood some Scriptures. This is not coming from me only, but I had another person tell me about their dream about me and it made sense in a way that I had some wrong thinking going on. Because of this.. I was obviously supposed to correct my ideas through reading the Bible and let Holy Spirit teach me this way about what or who our God really is or more exactly what will really happen at the end...

"YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE; FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL, WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'”

This clearly says that God is communicating to us very often, you just have to see and hear. Holy Spirit will then tell is it coming from God or not. I have been led by Holy Spirit to do things too. (healing for example)
It is easy to miss, even for a believer. I believe he talks to godless too, but they cant see it. I have a lot of these things in my life to show this is true (for me at least). Not only you can see him talking to you, but if sign is big enough you can see him talking to others too. Him communicating is not always that some words pop in your head; it could be that faint gut feeling that you have to do something, it could be through other people, it could be some "signs" which many people put on coincidence. You just have to check these things by the Holy Spirit to be sure. Some things happening to you.. they have a meaning you know.

Johnlove1 has a lot of Scriptures to back up what he is saying. Just by "analyzing" ToBeLoved's posts and replies tells me not to put too much value on his opinion. He is way too aggressive and demeaning with his words. Anyways, just sayin', not expecting anyone to put much of a value on my words anymore, but you can see this if you look for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,895.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Johnlove1 has a lot of Scriptures to back up what he is saying.

Johnlove1 - known on the previous forum as "Giver" - uses the same Scriptures over and over again and ignores any which contradict his position. Not that Scripture contradicts itself - if there is anywhere that it seems to, then it is our understanding/interpretation which is at fault.
Because John believes that Jesus appeared, sat down beside him and taught him personally and that we don't even need the Bible to teach us about God, he will never admit that he may be mistaken in what he teaches.

Upvote 0

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
New Living Translation
For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones.

http://bible.com/1/rev.14.9-12.kjv And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Maybe these chosen ones will not get in, they get deceived?
I also faintly remember something about 2 places being mentioned shortly in the bible, but I might be wrong or it even might be out of context for this discussion even if I find that passage..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Johnlove1 - known on the previous forum as "Giver" - uses the same Scriptures over and over again and ignores any which contradict his position. Not that Scripture contradicts itself - if there is anywhere that it seems to, then it is our understanding/interpretation which is at fault.
Because John believes that Jesus appeared, sat down beside him and taught him personally and that we don't even need the Bible to teach us about God, he will never admit that he may be mistaken in what he teaches.

Well that is really too bad. Maybe God has led him here not to correct us, but to lead him more into the spiritual things of God. When one stops listening to the Holy Spirit, one stops learning and growing.

Much more I have seen in my own life that the spiritual things tend to happen later after a good understanding of who God is and where our true home is, which is not here. When one realizes that we go through a LIFETIME of sanctification and learning, than we don't stop seeking, in fact we seek more because we have reached the most beautiful part which is closer to the oneness that God calls us too.

I don't mind Johnny not believing as the rest of us do as much as it bothers me that he is pushing his limited beliefs on others. That's what bothers me as we are not to be a stumbling block to others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flowful

Aug 27, 2015
✟15,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Could someone please explain this to me?

Upvote 0