Discussion Holy Spirit/Jesus teaching us.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Jesus DID DEFEAT SIN. And we are all freed from the power of sin through the forgiveness of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Forgiveness is what makes us justified. The blood of Christ. Christ died to overcome sin.
Is that true?

Scripture says you are wrong.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Then Jesus tells us that those who don’t keep his Word faithfully will be judged by the Word on the last day. Keeping God’s Word includes.

(Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

Notice perfect as the Father in heaven is.

That is the definition of perfect, to be as the Father in heaven is.

God told us to be that, and made it possible for us to be as he told us to be.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ToBeLoved said:

Jesus DID DEFEAT SIN. And we are all freed from the power of sin through the forgiveness of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Forgiveness is what makes us justified. The blood of Christ. Christ died to overcome sin.

Is that true?

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Then Jesus tells us that those who don’t keep his Word faithfully will be judged by the Word on the last day. Keeping God’s Word includes.

(Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

That is very, very interesting. You are in a condundrum. Either you believe in the Word of God or you do not.

Because if Jesus Christ didn't defeat sin than you are in more trouble than you realize. Jesus said that NO MAN IS WITHOUT SIN. If A MAN SAYS THEY DO NOT SIN, they are a liar. ALL have fallen SHORT of the Glory of God.

Jesus said that, not me. Just quoting the Word. ;)

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
ToBeLoved said:

That is very, very interesting. You are in a condundrum. Either you believe in the Word of God or you do not.

Because if Jesus Christ didn't defeat sin than you are in more trouble than you realize. Jesus said that NO MAN IS WITHOUT SIN. If A MAN SAYS THEY DO NOT SIN, they are a liar. ALL have fallen SHORT of the Glory of God.

Jesus said that, not me. Just quoting the Word. ;)
Yes people quote that part of John’s letter, and how they can do so without feeling totally ashamed, I sure don’t understand.

Do they believe John was telling those Children of God who can’t sin, that they need not tell anyone?

Do you believe that John was saying they were liars if they shared they no longer sinned?

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s”

I don’t believe people, when they quote (1 John 1:8-10), and they expect an intelligent person to use that to convince people that it is a sin to share that God keeps him or her free from sin.

Read the scripture below, because you obviously don’t understand first John’s letter.

(1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless?

Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is that true?

Why do you not see that with FORGIVEN sin, we have no sin. Jesus said that HE (not me, but JESUS) is fair and just to forgive our sins. It is HE (JESUS), not me.

You are so concentrated on man. Jesus died to give us a free gift of grace. A GIFT. NOT IN OUR POWER AND GLORY, but HIS.

It's not about us doing it. That is your main mistake in your understanding.

Is your focus on MAN or GOD?

Who is HOLY, MAN or GOD?

Who is without sin, MAN or GOD?

God is the awesome One. It is NOT I, BUT CHRIST in me.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes people quote that part of John’s letter, and how they can do so without feeling totally ashamed, I sure don’t understand.

Do they believe John was telling those Children of God who can’t sin, that they need not tell anyone?

Do you believe that John was saying they were liars if they shared they no longer sinned?

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s”

I don’t believe people, when they quote (1 John 1:8-10), and they expect an intelligent person to use that to convince people that it is a sin to share that God keeps him or her free from sin.

Read the scripture below, because you obviously don’t understand first John’s letter.

(1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless?

Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

You obviously do not see GOD's power and glory.

Very sad because you are missing who GOD is.

You give God nothing and give all the power to man who is fallible. Like your other thread, only apostles laying hands on someone can they get the Holy Spirit. lol. But yet you think you have the Holy Spirit. That does not make sense. You contridict yourself. I don't really even trust the scripture you are posting. Why not include the two verses before and two verses after? Context is key.

Did you teach yourself the Bible? What church are you a part of?

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Why do you not see that with FORGIVEN sin, we have no sin. Jesus said that HE (not me, but JESUS) is fair and just to forgive our sins. It is HE (JESUS), not me.

You are so concentrated on man. Jesus died to give us a free gift of grace. A GIFT. NOT IN OUR POWER AND GLORY, but HIS.

It's not about us doing it. That is your main mistake in your understanding.

Is your focus on MAN or GOD?

Who is HOLY, MAN or GOD?

Who is without sin, MAN or GOD?

God is the awesome One. It is NOT I, BUT CHRIST in me.
Jesus said he loves those who keep his Commandments.

That is a simple way to know if God loves one or not. All one needs to recognize is if he or she sins.

God makes a home in those who keep his Commandments, and it is God who keeps him or her righteous.

God in him or her is makes it so we are Children of God’s. So it is God in those who are Children of God that has defeated Satan/sin.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

As a Child of God Satan/sin can’t ever corrupt them again. A Spiritual Christian is God’s Child. Satan knows that and his ways are useless around God’s Children.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I know what the apostle Paul said. Paul said that he worked harder than all the other disciples. He labored long. Yet Paul called himself a sinner. Paul was taken up to heaven.

Do I believe you to be better than the apostle Paul? Not really, because Paul was a former Pharisee. Paul knew the Word of God, that is why Paul could talk to both Jew and Gentile so well.

You my brother, do not IMHO, know the Word of God well, nor do you understand that it is God who did it all.

All I have read about is man and sin.

You never answered the questions I asked you. I'm still waiting.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I know from God that if it is the Holy Spirit/God teaching one he or she will keep all of God’s Commandments. Not sinning is included in keeping God’s Commandments.

Jesus made is so his people can be children of God’s. As Children of God, one is protected from Satan, and given the grace to always do God’s Will.

Living God’s Commandments is how one knows it is the Holy Spirit who is leading, and teaching him or her.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I know from God that if it is the Holy Spirit/God teaching one he or she will keep all of God’s Commandments. Not sinning is included in keeping God’s Commandments.

Jesus made is so his people can be children of God’s. As Children of God, one is protected from Satan, and given the grace to always do God’s Will.

Living God’s Commandments is how one knows it is the Holy Spirit who is leading, and teaching him or her.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
In My bible it says "no who born of God PRACTICES sin" 1John 3:9

The Greek word here means continue in, IOW like 1 John 1:9 says in plane English "IF we confess our sins " which means Paul knew we would at some time commit a sin.

In God's grace, we are forgiven if we come to Him and repent, and ask forgiveness.

1 John 1:8 says If we tell people we are sinless, we ain't telling the truth.

Big difference in habitually sinning, and unintentionally sinning, God knows we are not perfect yet, but a work in progress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In My bible it says "no who born of God PRACTICES sin" 1John 3:9

The Greek word here means continue in, IOW like 1 John 1:9 says in plane English "IF we confess our sins " which means Paul knew we would at some time commit a sin.

In God's grace, we are forgiven if we come to Him and repent, and ask forgiveness.

1 John 1:8 says If we tell people we are sinless, we ain't telling the truth.

Big difference in habitually sinning, and unintentionally sinning, God knows we are not perfect yet, but a work in progress.
Bible translations have a way of watering down the written Word of God to allow sinners to feel righteous.

How does your bible explain the following scripture? Does it say that Jesus did not practice sin?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

Does one who is just not practicing sin walk as Jesus walked?

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

How does your bible change the written Word to place practice in the above scripture?

Did your bible change the above scripture to say a Child of God can’t practice sin?

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”
You just don't seem to understand, God's Spirit is in us, He saw our heart when we believed the gospel, and we were sealed by His Holy Spirit.

Now that we have a reborn spirit, and hear His Spirit within us, we don't want to sin.

But we do, from time to time, because we are not yet perfected.

He does not love us because we work hard and keep His commands, He loves us FIRST, then we always try to do as His Spirit tells Us to do.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You just don't seem to understand, God's Spirit is in us, He saw our heart when we believed the gospel, and we were sealed by His Holy Spirit.

Now that we have a reborn spirit, and hear His Spirit within us, we don't want to sin.

But we do, from time to time, because we are not yet perfected.

He does not love us because we work hard and keep His commands, He loves us FIRST, then we always try to do as His Spirit tells Us to do.
The Holy Spirit will not stay in a house that is of the devil.

One who sins is of the devil and God does not share anything with the devil.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since thedevilhas been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

Jesus told us whom it is that he would make a home, and it sure was not one who sinned.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

You haven’t answered my questions about what your bible say about how Jesus walked, and all the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I will answer more later, but I just HAD to reply to this, You said the Holy Spirit won't stay in a house of the devil,

Paul said to Christians "He, Himself said ' I will never leave you or forsake you' "

And He didn't say "if you ever commit a sin, I'm outa here."

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Bible translations have a way of watering down the written Word of God to allow sinners to feel righteous.

How does your bible explain the following scripture? Does it say that Jesus did not practice sin?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

Does one who is just not practicing sin walk as Jesus walked?

How does your bible change the written Word to place practice in the above scripture?

Did your bible change the above scripture to say a Child of God can’t practice sin?

No, if a person is practicing sin and does not ever consider repenting, then that proves he never did have the Holy Spirit, and was never a child of God, and God never knew him in the first place.

Jesus said "My sheep know My voice" But sheep screw up once in a while, the Shepherd loves them in spite of their faults.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will answer more later, but I just HAD to reply to this, You said the Holy Spirit won't stay in a house of the devil,

Paul said to Christians "He, Himself said ' I will never leave you or forsake you' "

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Jesus knows if one will ever sin. So he could say that because he knew they would never rebel against him.

Upvote 0