Discussion Holy Spirit/Jesus teaching us.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

I would like to share some of how God has personally brought me to know him.

I believe many people may be hesitant to share that they hear God talk to them.

I believe Satan has made people sick and then has demons speak to them to do evil.

This is used by people to discredit those who say it is God speaking to him or her.

Jesus first spoke to me using my wife's gift of the Holy Spirit.

The room we were in filled up with a very pleasant odor, an odor my wife did not smell.

Then Jesus spoke to me using my wife’s gift of knowledge.

Jesus then started to speak to me by putting words in my mind. He started asking me to be a minister for him.

For the next two years Jesus continued to speak to me with words that I understood in my mind. Thoughts that were not from me.

During that two years I experienced several gifts of the Holy Spirit which were used to teach me.

The gift of healing convinced me that Jesus meant that I was to be a minister for him. God healed my daughter who was born blind.

But even after that I asked Jesus for the gift of tongues to confirm that it was truly him who was calling me to be a minister. I received the gift of tongues that night.

Jesus used the gift of tongues to help teach me for the first year of my walk with him.

He did this by given me a tongue when I had a question of him. My wife had the gift of interpreting tongues, would understand the tongue, and it would be the answer to my question.

After a year Jesus told me to pray to be open to his touch, and word all day long.

I had started to depend on my wife’s interpretation of tongues for my answers. Also we would pray after the children went to bed.

The Holy Spirit often would not give me words to let me know things, but I would just know.

Jesus spoke to me audibly only twice, and both times were to scold me.

Forty years later and Jesus is now always with me, and everything that is done by me is controlled by him.

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Powerful testimony brother.
Yes Jesus has truly blessed me. I believe though that my sharing is to awaken people to the truth that one can only come to know God if God teaches him or her.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.---------“

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
God does not physically come and speak to Hid saints anymore. We only have the Holy Spirit in us to witness to us of our salvation
How do you know that?

Jesus personally sat next to me, and had me open the bible to teach me that Christians are dead to sin.

Jesus taught me how he made it possible for his people not to sin.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Jesus calls his own out by name. His people follow him.

I have seen Jesus and I follow him. Jesus has been personally teaching me for forty years.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
How do you know that?

Jesus personally sat next to me, and had me open the bible to teach me that Christians are dead to sin.

Jesus taught me how he made it possible for his people not to sin.

Jesus calls his own out by name. His people follow him.

I have seen Jesus and I follow him. Jesus has been personally teaching me for forty years.
Jesus said he would call his own out by name, and they would recognize his voice, and follow him. Also Jesus said he would show himself to those who keep his Commandments.

I have seen Jesus, and he has audibly called me by my name.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

If God makes a home in those he loves, then it sounds like the kingdom of God’s is here on earth also, does it not?

Now tell me who taught you about what you believe about God?

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would like to share some of how God has personally brought me to know him.

I believe many people may be hesitant to share that they hear God talk to them.

I believe Satan has made people sick and then has demons speak to them to do evil.

This is used by people to discredit those who say it is God speaking to him or her.

Jesus first spoke to me using my wife's gift of the Holy Spirit.

The room we were in filled up with a very pleasant odor, an odor my wife did not smell.

Then Jesus spoke to me using my wife’s gift of knowledge.

Jesus then started to speak to me by putting words in my mind. He started asking me to be a minister for him.

For the next two years Jesus continued to speak to me with words that I understood in my mind. Thoughts that were not from me.

During that two years I experienced several gifts of the Holy Spirit which were used to teach me.

The gift of healing convinced me that Jesus meant that I was to be a minister for him. God healed my daughter who was born blind.

But even after that I asked Jesus for the gift of tongues to confirm that it was truly him who was calling me to be a minister. I received the gift of tongues that night.

Jesus used the gift of tongues to help teach me for the first year of my walk with him.

He did this by given me a tongue when I had a question of him. My wife had the gift of interpreting tongues, would understand the tongue, and it would be the answer to my question.

After a year Jesus told me to pray to be open to his touch, and word all day long.

I had started to depend on my wife’s interpretation of tongues for my answers. Also we would pray after the children went to bed.

The Holy Spirit often would not give me words to let me know things, but I would just know.

Jesus spoke to me audibly only twice, and both times were to scold me.

Forty years later and Jesus is now always with me, and everything that is done by me is controlled by him.
ok bro ,lests start again:)

your sharing things that happened but your being very very vague .. what did the lord say when he said ?........?
what did he scold you about ?
what sort of thoughts did he give you ?

im not asking to discredit .i think your a brave sharing this sort of thing ..but for others to learn from it ,its good to be as precise in clarify as we can .
that he speaks to us is an absolute ..of this i have no doubt .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
ok bro ,lests start again:)

your sharing things that happened but your being very very vague .. what did the lord say when he said ?........?
what did he scold you about ?
what sort of thoughts did he give you ?

im not asking to discredit .i think your a brave sharing this sort of thing ..but for others to learn from it ,its good to be as precise in clarify as we can .
that he speaks to us is an absolute ..of this i have no doubt .
You asked what Jesus scolded me about, Ok then let me tell you.

Jesus called me into his ministry, when in my late thirties. I had just married a young women fifteen years younger than me. Just married meaning only in my third year of marriage, and with two babies.

I was a successful business person, who was the president of a business men’s club, and of my Churches club.

I was going to Mass and Communion every day. My friends included priest.

I was a person people were looking up to.

Because I believed at the time being a minister meant being a Catholic Priest, I would say yes to Jesus call, and not ask him what it meant to be a minister for him. My thinking was he just wanted me to be more active.

It took two years, and Jesus’ healing my daughter who was born blind, for me to finely accept Jesus’ call. But during those two years Jesus had me walk in some of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Not understanding anything about the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and me walking in them, made me believe that somehow I was special.

I was a handball player who often would go by myself in a handball court to practice. One day while practicing handball a loud voice called out my name. I looked around and no one was there. I realized that it was Jesus calling my name. Jesus said: “All honor and glory belongs to me, not to you.”

Jesus let me know that it was not my doing that people were looking up to me.

I hurt so bad that I could not stop crying for three days.

The next time Jesus spoke to me audibly was while at Mass. Jesus said, my name then: “Stop trying to figure me out, and just follow me.” I look around, but no one else in the church seemed to have heard Jesus speak to me.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Are you talking about Christians? Those saved by the blood of Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

The people who Jesus was speaking to in the above scripture were Christians who walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Now are those the sort of Christians you are asking about?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

The people who Jesus was speaking to in the above scripture were Christians who walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I was quoting you.

What did you mean by your quote?

If I 'reply' to one of your posts, than I am talking about what is in the post that I replied to. That's how replying works.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I was quoting you.

If I 'reply' to one of your posts, than I am talking about what is in the post that I replied to. That's how replying works.
I was quoting you.

I don’t understand your question. You need to define what a saved Christian is.

Saved only means to me that one will not go to Hell.

I am asking you to define what it means to be a saved Christian. Please answer my question so I am sure what you mean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don’t understand your question. You need to define what a saved Christian is.

Saved only means to me that one will not go to Hell.

I am asking you to define what it means to be a saved Christian. Please answer my question so I am sure what you mean.

I'll help you.

This is what you said that I replied to (See post #12)

Johnlove1 said:

So, I asked you where you got that from? That satan makes people sick and then has his demons speak to them to do evil? What scripture do you have to support that statement?

I asked if you were referring to saved Christians?

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'll help you.

This is what you said that I replied to (See post #12)

Johnlove1 said:

So, I asked you where you got that from? That satan makes people sick and then has his demons speak to them to do evil? What scripture do you have to support that statement?

I asked if you were referring to saved Christians?

And I asked you to give me your understanding of what a saved Christian is.

Is it a Christian like those Jesus described in the following scripture?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And I asked you to give me your understanding of what a saved Christian is.

Is it a Christian like those Jesus described in the following scripture?

Why would you "default" to the idea that a saved Christian is who they are talking about?

What you have just said is those who believe in Jesus Christ and that His blood died for our sins, that those people indwelt by the Holy Spirit are going to be shunned by Jesus.

Just shows how you think. Your statement is very telling. I would rethink yourself and if you are a Christian, because you are condemning Christ's own. If you know the bible, you know who a saved Christian is. Maybe brush up on the Word and come back and discuss.

Keyboard's make people bold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Why would you "default" to the idea that a saved Christian is who they are talking about?

What you have just said is those who believe in Jesus Christ and that His blood died for our sins, that those people indwelt by the Holy Spirit are going to be shunned by Jesus.

Just shows how you think. Your statement is very telling. I would rethink yourself and if you are a Christian, because you are condemning Christ's own. If you know the bible, you know who a saved Christian is. Maybe brush up on the Word and come back and discuss.

Keyboard's make people bold.

I am not doing anything of the kind.

Tell me are those people who Jesus was referring to in the above saved Christians, in your understanding of a saved Christian?

They were people who were given the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Does that make a saved Christian in your understanding?

Upvote 0