Apr 3, 2008
New York
Visit site
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been praying on and off since I first heard about it last night. It's such a terrible shame... like the people of Haiti don't have enough things to worry about. I am praying that they get as much aid as the international community can muster, and ASAP. I know that there are already federal American disaster relief teams deploying to Haiti and it would not surprise me at all if the U.S. Navy/Marine Corps deployed as well and was in Haiti within two or three days.

Haiti will absolutely be in my prayers in the coming days and weeks.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟40,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I've been reading about it as well and would like to donate. I'm researching the most efficient charities as I type this.

I'm a fan of charitynavigator.org for checking out charities because they show exactly where the money goes.

Haiti is a country that's been on my heart for several years...for two years I even sponsored a Haitian girl through Compassion International. The Haiti charity that I've come across and liked the most is Hope for Haiti.
That's a charity for helping Haiti under normal circumstances, though, so I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.

For disaster relief, I usually just donate to the Red Cross.

This country and it's people are definitely in my prayers. That country was in bad shape as it is and certainly did not need this earthquake on top of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From Beliefnet ...

Heavenly Father,

It is with a heavy heart that we come to you, not necessarily knowing what we should ask for because many of us are wondering, "Why did this happen? Why has tragedy struck Haiti again and why do so many lives have to be lost again? Why has this beautiful island been struck by a catastrophic earthquake and ruined?" But as many questions as we have regarding the situation, we still humble ourselves before you to ask for your mercy to be upon Haiti and its people. Extend your hand upon this land and restore all that has been lost, destroyed and damaged to be better than it was before. As rescue teams search for casualties, give them foresight. May they be led by Your wisdom, encouraged by your strength and advised by your discernment.

There are yet people who are surviving and we pray that the rescue workers would find them in time and revive them. For the lives that will be lost, we pray for immediate comfort to come to the family and friends of the deceased. For those of us who are watching this unfold from the outside, we pray that You would give us hearts of compassion so that we can give out of our surplus to fill the deficit that is widening in Haiti. May we all extend ourselves in any way possible to secure our brothers and sisters in Haiti. And may every prayer regarding this tragedy be heard and responded to in Your good time.

In Jesus' Name, Amen

Upvote 0

LadyL

Sep 25, 2009
Heaven bound
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From Beliefnet ...

Heavenly Father,

It is with a heavy heart that we come to you, not necessarily knowing what we should ask for because many of us are wondering, "Why did this happen? Why has tragedy struck Haiti again and why do so many lives have to be lost again? Why has this beautiful island been struck by a catastrophic earthquake and ruined?" But as many questions as we have regarding the situation, we still humble ourselves before you to ask for your mercy to be upon Haiti and its people. Extend your hand upon this land and restore all that has been lost, destroyed and damaged to be better than it was before. As rescue teams search for casualties, give them foresight. May they be led by Your wisdom, encouraged by your strength and advised by your discernment.

There are yet people who are surviving and we pray that the rescue workers would find them in time and revive them. For the lives that will be lost, we pray for immediate comfort to come to the family and friends of the deceased. For those of us who are watching this unfold from the outside, we pray that You would give us hearts of compassion so that we can give out of our surplus to fill the deficit that is widening in Haiti. May we all extend ourselves in any way possible to secure our brothers and sisters in Haiti. And may every prayer regarding this tragedy be heard and responded to in Your good time.

In Jesus' Name, Amen

Amen. brother, thanks for sharing, Derrick :)

Reactions: Revived
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this is truly a catastrophe. CNN is reporting that several hundred thousand people may have died from this quake.

I'd be careful with that one though. Certainly there is going to be a large death toll. But the news estimates always seem to be way way more then the actual death toll from things like this.

Of course I'm not sure we will ever get an actual number. If it where the US or another westernized nation you certainly would. I'm not sure Haiti will come up with one.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What really bothers me is the backlash against Pat Robertson. Some people are clueless. I was listening to a humanitarian type guy on NPR talking about the Haiti disaster. He said that he hoped Robertson's missionaries and helpers don't try to evangelize the Haitians when they go over to help. He said "real Christians" don't do that. He also stated that the Haitians weren't making a pact with Satan, they were just praying to "their own gods."

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who acknowledges other "gods" as being just as valid as the Christian god, understands nothing about Christianity.

Pat Robertson is one of the world's greatest modern day prophets. I could sense that when I heard the audio of his statements.

Upvote 0