Tree, water, road late afternoon.jpg

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I love the desaturated/dirty blues in your shadows. A lot of people never adhere to the subtle value shifts in those areas, and will end up painting pure cobalt blue into a shadow, which always looks ridiculous.

I've recently discovered Perylene Violet, which serves a similar purpose. When mixed out with Viridian Green, you end up with a nice, smokey, atmospheric blue.

I don't carry a green tube to use AS a green, funnily enough. I use it as an alternative to blue in conjunction with a purple.

Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I love the desaturated/dirty blues in your shadows. A lot of people never adhere to the subtle value shifts in those areas, and will end up painting pure cobalt blue into a shadow, which always looks ridiculous.

I've recently discovered Perylene Violet, which serves a similar purpose. When mixed out with Viridian Green, you end up with a nice, smokey, atmospheric blue.

I don't carry a green tube to use AS a green, funnily enough. I use it as an alternative to blue in conjunction with a purple.

Thanks, its the no named colors that really make a landscape. I use a full color spectrum palette, but i say some of my most important colors are the earth tones. Two of my favorite colors are Mauve Umber and Azo Orange.

If you are still in NY City and get the chance go by Robert Doaks shop ( I order colors from there) another great color shop is Blue Ridge Oil Paint in North Carolina

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
100 years war.jpeg

"Do you give the horse his might? Do you clothe his neck with a mane?
“Do you make him leap like the locust? His majestic snorting is terrible.
“He paws in the valley, and rejoices in his strength; He goes out to meet the weapons.
“He laughs at fear and is not dismayed; And he does not turn back from the sword.
“The quiver rattles against him, The flashing spear and javelin.
“With shaking and rage he races over the ground, And he does not stand still at the voice of the trumpet.
“As often as the trumpet sounds he says, ‘Aha!’ And he scents the battle from afar, And the thunder of the captains and the war cry.

-Job 39:19–25

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This was really interesting to watch...
-
That artist is Chris Burden, not sure if you are familiar with him. He was the one back in the 1970's (1971) that was shot (in the arm) as part of a performance art piece called Shoot.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
-
That artist is Chris Burden, not sure if you are familiar with him. He was the one back in the 1970's (1971) that was shot (in the arm) as part of a performance art piece called Shoot.
Is that the one where he arranged an array of weapons and simply stood there?

I might be mixing it up with another one, where there was a girl who did something similar. Although, I recall she was almost about to be stabbed, when someone intervened to stop it.

Either way...
:destroyed:

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is that the one where he arranged an array of weapons and simply stood there?

I might be mixing it up with another one, where there was a girl who did something similar. Although, I recall she was almost about to be stabbed, when someone intervened to stop it.

Either way...
:destroyed:

Not sure here is a photo of/from the event.

1695477371003.png

• Wow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
It has been awhile since a post here, I am posting a video of a 50 year painting retrospective show from a teacher of mine Sammy Britt. He died Monday December 18 2023, his was a life lived completely dedicated to the teaching of his master Henry Hensche and Henry's approach to color and painting the light keys of God's creation.

A quote of Sammy's
“In our greatest artistic moment we can merely create a weak illusion of God’s great creative genius, but that tiny glimpse of God’s beauty is more than enough to share with another soul.” S.Britt

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wanted to make a place where people can post their own creations or art they like. If you have some art you think is tops, cool or meaningful then post it. However, there is already a dedicated picture thread and I don't want to supersede it so there is emphasis on the word created. I.e., created by hand, computer or artificial intelligence. So any artwork that's not photos. If you personally made the art then don't be shy about saying you made it either ^_^.
This should go without saying but please no sexual imagery or nude art. This is a Christian website and please keep it within the site rules.

God bless :heart:.

View attachment 334047
Edit: Phrasing & clarification
I must say I've enjoyed looking at most of the paintings I've seen in your post. Did you make these?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A quote of Sammy's
“In our greatest artistic moment we can merely create a weak illusion of God’s great creative genius, but that tiny glimpse of God’s beauty is more than enough to share with another soul.” S.Britt

Beautiful quote!

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I must say I've enjoyed looking at most of the paintings I've seen in your post. Did you make these?
I didn't make any of them (apart from my masterpiece "The Plenary Mastodon"), I tried to credit where I could in the file names or under the paintings themselves but some of them were saved from a long time ago and I unfortunately didn't save the name of the artist who made it.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

Pencil Drawing of a local river that was up a good bit because of rain.
At the taking of this photo i am not sure, i do not think i had quite finished.

DSCN9384+.jpg

One more a Casein paint, painting of a rain soaked field.

DSCN9574+.jpg

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
1604913297_HVfJjOUlq7E.jpg
1600004291_tomas-honz-finalartstation.jpg

second image by Tomas Honz

These two pieces of art (I don't know who made the first image) have always starkly reminded me of the nature of warfare and how truly inglorious it is. The world has always glorified brave men who are willing to take the life of the enemy, whether it be for noble reasons or not. And warriors have always held a place of honour amongst our societies since Cain killed Abel and the threat of death became a means of wielding unholy influence over other people. But God looks to the downtrodden and oppressed, the ones who were often conscripted to die for the glory of their nobility. These are the ones He says will inherit the Earth, the very thing which the world fights and dies to obtain.

• Winner
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0