Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
..................... Seriously, you Creationists need to wake up and smell reality, .......................
One of the major problems with science is making it Lord: bowing and following it foremost.

What comes first, who is Lord, is God and what He says.

Science is of the here and now, and it deals with what we will leave behind. It is always secondary to us compared to what is to come, Eternity with Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One of the major problems with science is making it Lord: bowing and following it foremost.

What comes first, who is Lord, is God and what He says.

Science is of the here and now, and it deals with what we will leave behind. It is always secondary to us compared to what is to come, Eternity with Him.

What does this mean?

All I'm saying is what we all know, if we're being truthful - Science has no religious agenda, however, all the facts point towards a literal interpretation of Genesis not being accurate.

I doubt anyone has any issues with you pursuing spiritual matters - I say good luck to you, I hope you've found what you're looking for.

Criticisms of science from a religious perspective are inane though, no one's 'bowing to it', it's a tool. If observable facts contradict your interpretation of the Bible maybe it's time for a rethink.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Criticisms of science from a religious perspective are inane though,
What would you call criticisms of the Bible from a science perspective?

Also, what if science contradicts the Bible?

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
............ no one's 'bowing to it', it's a tool.
Ahhh, for one look at all the University science departments. What do they bow to?

For millions it is more than a tool.

I'm a scientist by profession and title at work. But I do not bow to science. In my case, as a Christian, it is a tool.

You are not differentiating the two.

Yes, for many in our modern day they bow to science, for them science has the final word in what they believe and how they live.

Yes, many are bowing to science, Mate. All around us.

However, science only relates to the temporal. The physical realm. The Kingdom in our midst and life to come science is useless, it leads people to a dead end and give no clear real nor accurate answers to the spiritual in our midst, and the need for salvation through Jesus. Science is often a hindrance to people receiving salvation through Jesus and His written Word, the Bible.

Do you call that a tool? I call that an idol to many, a pit that has open in the Last Days. I'm a professional scientists, but if not for Him I would be in idolatry to science too.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh, for one look at all the University science departments. What do they bow to?

I'm a scientist by profession and title at work. But I do not bow to science. In my case, as a Christian, it is a tool.

Yes, for many in our modern day they bow to science, for them science has the final word in what they believe and how they live.

However, science only relates to the temporal. The physical realm. The Kingdom in our midst and life to come science is useless, it leads people to a dead end and give no clear real nor accurate answers to the spiritual in our midst, and the need for salvation through Jesus. Science is often a hindrance to people receiving salvation through Jesus and His written Word, the Bible.

Do you call that a tool? I call that an idol to many, a pit that has open in the Last Days. I'm a professional scientists, but if not for Him I would be in idolatry to science too.
What is "bowing to science," exactly. I don't know what this means.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is "bowing to science," exactly. I don't know what this means.
QV please: Scientism

In addition, there's a principle stated in the Bible:

Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Those who invest their treasures in higher academia without giving God due credit are in danger of selling their souls to science.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I honestly don't see it Heissonear. You, as a Christian use it as a tool, presumably to examine the natural world (judging by your profile), I can't understand why you think others would treat it any different.

It seems that your faith is very important to you and you think that those of us that don't share that faith must have a void that needs filling with something else. The dichotomy isn't 'faith' or 'science' though, to be honest away from this site I rarely think about either. I simply try and live my life as best I can, according to my own moral compass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
QV please: Scientism

In addition, there's a principle stated in the Bible:

Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Those who invest their treasures in higher academia without giving God due credit are in danger of selling their souls to science.
1. I don't accept what the bible says.
2. What's a treasure?
3. Why would god need any credit?
4. There's zero evidence anything like a soul exists, or persists beyond death.

TBH, this all sounds like religious hyperbole, and devoid of any real meaning. Please, in real terms, describe what "bowing to science," is.

Oh, and AV, here's a challenge for you, should you decide to accept, could you answer this question without using example, semantics, hyperbole, or alluding to Thalidomide, Pluto or the Challenger?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please, in real terms, describe what "bowing to science," is.
This is rich ... coming from someone who has "Saved by science" as his tag line.

I have a feeling you're playing ignorant just to watch us jump through hoops to explain and clarify ourselves.

If you truly don't know what "bowing to science" means, I would suggest you use your imagination.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great, you've got it!!!!
Well, for the record, I don't bow to science like others do.

Science can take a hike.

But before it goes, it can hang around a little and make my life better and give me some creature comforts and whatnots.

Then it can get lost until I need him again.

If I want the butler, I'll call for him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is rich ... coming from someone who has "Saved by science" as his tag line.

I have a feeling you're playing ignorant just to watch us jump through hoops to explain and clarify ourselves.

If you truly don't know what "bowing to science" means, I would suggest you use your imagination.
Well, that' the problem, then, isn't it, using your imagination too much. I asked an honest question; what does "bowing to science," mean, in real terms? If you're going to get your knickers in a wad and simply obfuscate, well, that just tells me you're unable to think beyond the myopic view of the bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, that' the problem, then, isn't it, using your imagination too much.
Which took more imagination?

Reading it or writing it?

Some of us are saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

All others, if they claim salvation, are saved by ... well ... I'll let Peter explain it.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which took more imagination?

Reading it or writing it?

Some of us are saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

All others, if they claim salvation, are saved by ... well ... I'll let Peter explain it.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Ok, got it.

Will you please, in real terms, describe what "bowing to science," is?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Will you please, in real terms, describe what "bowing to science," is?
You didn't read that link, did you?

If that isn't bowing to science, I don't know what is.

Upvote 0