Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For those of you who can't sleep at night without knowing how God did it, I present these two verses just for you:

Job 9:10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out.

Sleep tight! :)

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For those of you who can't sleep at night without knowing how God did it, I present these two verses just for you:

Job 9:10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out.

God's unfalsifiable ways? :eek:

Isn't that unscientific? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Not_By_Chance

Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟39,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Isn't that unscientific?
A bit like the Big Bang fairy story then - a mishmash of weird theories, held together with sticking plaster. No actually, the notion of "In the beginning God..." makes much more sense.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
A bit like the Big Bang fairy story then - a mishmash of weird theories, held together with sticking plaster.

Why do you consider the evidence for the Big Bang theory to be "plaster"?

No actually, the notion of "In the beginning God..." makes much more sense.

Since when has "it must be magic" ever made sense?

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

How true. For thousands of years the phenomena observed by humans had entirely supernatural explanations.

- How does it rain?
- Why are there seasons?
- Why are there tides?
- What causes lightning?
- What causes sickness?

And a thousand others. All were explained by the supernatural. As Man's understanding increased, it was seen that the supernatural was an incorrect and useless explanation for these phenomena. You can see a trajectory here. Every single supernatural phenomena ever understood was found to be not supernatural. Every single one. Why would any Scientist cling to the useless explanation that the supernatural is involved in ANY phenomena which is not currently well understood?

All you creationists out there, you should be able to see where this is going and why no Scientist goes along with your supernatural dreck. You can see where this is going to end, and none of your whining or denial will stop it.

Upvote 0

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
A bit like the Big Bang fairy story then - a mishmash of weird theories, held together with sticking plaster. No actually, the notion of "In the beginning God..." makes much more sense.
To the uneducated, every single field of Scientific endeavor would seem to be a "mishmash of weird theories, held together with sticking plaster." Nature is complicated. That's why it takes so much effort to learn it. That is why a Science degree is a hard and long process. It is not my fault if you don't wish to understand it.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Actually, since you bring it up, I sleep better at night knowing god didn't do it.

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would say that it is unreasonable and dogmatic. If there is no evidence that you would accept as proving your beliefs wrong, then how would you ever know that they are wrong?
Nearly as unreasonable and dogmatic as the claim that there is no God.

That's probably why you're not an Atheist.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If there is no evidence that you would accept as proving your beliefs wrong, then how would you ever know that they are wrong?
My beliefs are based on biblical history, therefore only biblical history can prove my beliefs wrong.

Your beliefs are based on scientific evidence, therefore only scientific evidence can prove your beliefs wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you consider the evidence for the Big Bang theory to be "plaster"?
Because it's all patched up to cover up the 95% darkness.
Big Bang theory -- magic-inflation, magic-matter, magic-energy, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For thousands of years the phenomena observed by humans had entirely supernatural explanations.

- How does it rain?
- Why are there seasons?
- Why are there tides?
- What causes lightning?
- What causes sickness?

And a thousand others. All were explained by the supernatural. As Man's understanding increased, it was seen that the supernatural was an incorrect and useless explanation for these phenomena.
How was your last post written, was it written by you or by your computer?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To the uneducated, every single field of Scientific endeavor would seem to be a "mishmash of weird theories, held together with sticking plaster." Nature is complicated. That's why it takes so much effort to learn it. That is why a Science degree is a hard and long process. It is not my fault if you don't wish to understand it.
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

that's nice ! Let me add 1 more:

Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea

Upvote 0

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
How was your last post written, was it written by you or by your computer?
Irrelevant. But I can se why you would write something like this in you desperation to cling to your desire to have the supernatural have any value at all. you can see where this is going. There will be a day when all of this supernatural stuff will be seen for what it is: garbage. It is just a matter of time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein
See, what Albert was assuming here was that his grandmother would listen. you don't listen. you don't read. You don't think. Therefore, even the simple explanations are beyond your grasp.

But complete understanding takes a lot more. You want that more complete explanation without having to think or learn.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Irrelevant.
Relevant to those who understand it.
But I can se why you would write something like this in you desperation to cling to your desire to have the supernatural have any value at all. you can see where this is going.
Of course I can. I experience the supernatural everyday, and I do cling to Him. :)
There will be a day when all of this supernatural stuff will be seen for what it is:
:amen:
garbage. It is just a matter of time.
Yeah, the time when death and hell will be set loose on the garbage of unbelievers. :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
See, what Albert was assuming here was that his grandmother would listen.
Nope.

He is pointing to the fact that you don't have a clue about what you are trying to explain.

Upvote 0