Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, I call it "myopic" because, let's face it, a telescope can only see so far.

Same for a microscope.

It's not like science has 20/20 vision.

You say a telescope can only see so far.

It can see a lot further than you, as you can't even look past that old book.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of the major problems with science is making it Lord: bowing and following it foremost.

What comes first, who is Lord, is God and what He says.

Science is of the here and now, and it deals with what we will leave behind. It is always secondary to us compared to what is to come, Eternity with Him.
We don't worship science. Some people dedicate their lives just to disproving. We learn arguably more from disproving possibilities than finding support for them, especially in younger fields that have a lot of competing theories.

Biology is a very old field, however, and there aren't very many competing theories anymore. Evolution has so much support, that at this point, most of the debate goes for the finer points of which mechanisms affect what the most, and by how much, rather than trying to support the few fringe ideas that are different enough from evolution as to not be able to be assimilated into the theory, provided enough evidence was found to support them. Creationism isn't even on the radar.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Scientists:

How do we know that the unfit werent selected, and we're in a parallel universe to the Darwinian one?

Due to transworld drift.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_24

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

After all that may have explanatory power for the mess were in.

We're the "born losers", but luckily this universe will cater for us!!!
You are using the term "fit" wrong. The most "fit" life by evolution standards is that which reproduces the most, not that which is necessarily best at surviving. An Olympic gold medal winner with no children is considered less evolutionarily fit than the guy that dies from aggressive cancer at age 32 with 5 kids.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Atheism simple means you don't believe in deities, just like I don't believe in Bigfoot.
There is no scientific evidence for Big foot. There is overwhelming scientific evidence for the Historical accuracy of the Bible. Yet you reject science when Science is able to verify the Bible to be accurate and true. So why should we trust you to be accountable in other areas of science when you have demonstrated not to be accurate in this area?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scientists:

How do we know that the unfit werent selected, and we're in a parallel universe to the Darwinian one?

Due to transworld drift.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_24

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

After all that may have explanatory power for the mess were in.

We're the "born losers", but luckily this universe will cater for us!!!
How do we know that when people die they jump in a worm hole and are transported to a different planet where they receive a body that is appropriate for that planet. You would not need a parallel universe we could all be happy in the universe that we have. Maybe Darwinians go to one planet and non Darwinians go to another planet where they can enjoy the fruit of their labor that they performed here on the Earth. In other words the next assignment is based on how well they performed according to the assignment they currently have here on this planet. Those who perform well are rewarded and those who perform poorly will have that reflected in their next assignment.

Even though we are star stuff that does not explain consciousness and our advanced awareness in comparison to the other species here on Earth. Evolution does not deal with that very well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fossil remains of early man bears an uncanny resemblance to big foot. lol
Yes of course how can you not love this guy?

upload_2016-2-11_1-14-40.jpeg

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no scientific evidence for Big foot. There is overwhelming scientific evidence for the Historical accuracy of the Bible. Yet you reject science when Science is able to verify the Bible to be accurate and true. So why should we trust you to be accountable in other areas of science when you have demonstrated not to be accurate in this area?
I personally find the degree of evidence for both of them to be about equal: mostly claimed sightings with the occasional blatant fraud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is overwhelming scientific evidence for the Historical accuracy of the Bible.

No there isn't.

Show me the scientific evidence for a worldwide flood. Show me the scientific evidence for Jesus feeding thousands with only a few loaves and fish.

Show me a single shred of scientific evidence to support the claim that Matthew actually wrote the Gospel of Matthew.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No there isn't.

Show me the scientific evidence for a worldwide flood. Show me the scientific evidence for Jesus feeding thousands with only a few loaves and fish.

Show me a single shred of scientific evidence to support the claim that Matthew actually wrote the Gospel of Matthew.

Its obvious that the world has endured major flooding, even on a global scale. If the world was covered in ice, as scientists believe, what then do you think happened when is began to melt? We get flooded when it rains hard, i can imagine what an iceberg covering the land would do.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Its obvious that the world has endured major flooding, even on a global scale. If the world was covered in ice, as scientists believe, what then do you think happened when is began to melt? We get flooded when it rains hard, i can imagine what an iceberg covering the land would do.

That is not evidence of a time when the entire surface of the world was covered in water. Try again.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is not evidence of a time when the entire surface of the world was covered in water. Try again.

Yes but scientists are actually only speculating about an ice age. They mean well but i do believe that its much speculation based on their limited understanding. The world was covered in water according to scientists, only it was frozen.

Upvote 0