Genesis & Evolution (moved)

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1. They are not two acccounts - but rather one account.
2. there are no chapters in the actual text.
3. There is no time-boxed chronological sequence in Genesis 2.
4. There is no statement in Genesis two saying "after God created man - he then created animals".
5. By contrast in Genesis 1 - on days 5 and 6 God created animals in a time-boxed chronological sequence - and ends day 6 with the creation of mankind - all on the same "evening and morning". --

It doesn't take rocket science to see a major contradiction the points you merely 'assume' in a chapter that has no time-boxed chronological sequence at all. In fact nothing at all is stated in Genesis 2 for the details in terms of how many decades, centuries, millennia... for the time you need Genesis 1.

Now, if you have some insight that will just dazzle the rest of us into erasing the contradictions between your own assumptions vs the facts in the actual chapters, let's hear it.

Also the situation with Daniel is instructive as it also demonstrates Hebrew writings styles - with the same Chiastic structure and the same 'expand and enlarge' pattern that adds details to the picture the way we do today with transparencies laid on top of each other.
Bob, it doesn't take any rocket science to see that Gen. 1 clearly states that Adam was created after the animals, and that 2 says he was created before, and that this is a major contradiction. and that this is a contradiction. That is one of the reasons why biblical scholarship argues for two authors here.

I am not sure what particular perspective you are coming from but the problem I have is that nothing you say correlates in any way, shape, or form with modern biblical scholarship. The latter openly recognizes and stresses there are contradictions in Scripture, including the reverse order in Genesis. Since Day I, scholars have raised issues about the contradictions, the Mosaic authorship, etc. The church took an irrational stance and either told scholars to shut up or came up with all sorts if ridiculous pseudo-solutions to gloss over the contradictions. A famous o ne is the church going so far as to insert the words "brother of Goliath, " into the 2 Sam. 21:19 account, in order to gloss over the contradiction between this account and the one which claims David killed Goliath. But, in Hebrew, 2 Sam. says Elhanan killed Goliath, no "brother of." As scholars became free of the oppressive hand of the church, they were able to conduct an objective scientific inquiry Scripture, which reached conclusions challenging deeply held assumptions.

Today, there is a major town-gown riff between the scholars and the church. Many believers, and I am sure this is true of you, live in the world of a folk or Sunday-school apologetic. That's OK. However, the world of serious biblical scholarship is light years distant from you. And that is the approach I am working from. Hence, your views fail to satisfy.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
4. There is no statement in Genesis two saying "after God created man - he then created animals".
5. By contrast in Genesis 1 - on days 5 and 6 God created animals in a time-boxed chronological sequence - and ends day 6 with the creation of mankind - all on the same "evening and morning". --

It doesn't take rocket science to see a major contradiction the points you merely 'assume' in a chapter that has no time-boxed chronological sequence at all. In fact nothing at all is stated in Genesis 2 for the details in terms of how many decades, centuries, millennia... for the time you need Genesis 1.

Now, if you have some insight that will just dazzle the rest of us into erasing the contradictions between your own assumptions vs the facts in the actual chapters, let's hear it.

Also the situation with Daniel is instructive as it also demonstrates Hebrew writings styles - with the same Chiastic structure and the same 'expand and enlarge' pattern that adds details to the picture the way we do today with transparencies laid on top of each other.

Bob, it doesn't take any rocket science to see that Gen. 1 clearly states that Adam was created after the animals

That is true - since Genesis 1 says the birds and fish were created on the 5th day "and evening and morning were the 5th day" and that "on the 6th day" God created the land animals -- and then mankind - in true time-boxed chronological sequence historic account - text.

By contrast in Genesis 2 - no timeline at all.

, and that 2 says he was created before,

Genesis 2 does NOT say "mankind was created before animals" -- as we all know.

and that this is a major contradiction in the case you make - we would have to "quote you" for the source.

I am not sure what particular perspective you are coming from but the problem I have is that nothing you say correlates to what we actually see in the text of Genesis 1-2 when you insist on a conflicting and contradicting time-boxed chronological sequence in Gen 2 -- which as we all know is non-existent in the text itself.

And the illogical idea that a "second writer" reads Genesis 1 and "forgets to notice what page 1 says" and then writes an entirely different account with no food for animals, no air, no sun, no moon, no seas, etc... is a stretch for the objective unbiased Bible student.

As noted even the atheists and agnostice "serious Bible scholarship" as you call them in all major world-class universities admit that the Genesis account for origins is one of a SEVEN day week -

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Bob, the concept that Genesis represents multiple authorship is standard n the trade in modern biblical studies. And yes, many scholars have noted the contradiction between Gen. 1 and 2.

I can't agree with your interpretation of Gen. 2. You claim it is not a chronology, that it doesn't say animals were created after Adam. But, see, it does claim that. First Adam, the a situation occurs, God decides it isn't good for him to b alone, and the3n creates the animals. It is a simple, basic cause-and-effect, before-and-after, sequence.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As I stated - I am going to have to stick with the facts "in the actual text" rather than simply "making stuff up".

BobRyan said:

I can't agree with your interpretation of Gen. 2. You claim it is not a chronology, that it doesn't say animals were created after Adam.

Every verse in Genesis 1 does not say "animals were created before man" rather only certain verses deal with that point - it is totally unreasonable to expect every verse in the account to continually repeat the point already made. An obvious point that we all can agree to.

Your "expectation" that Genesis 2 repeat every detail in Genesis 1 - even the chronology is unreasonable since Genesis 2 does not start out with "now let me see if I can repeat what I just wrote on the prior page".. The mangled premise that forms the foundation of theories trying to present a conflicted-Bible is in certain glaringly obvious points - without reason.

Genesis 2 is not a Chronology at all - it specifies no time at all for the events it describes and it does not have the much imagined wooden sequences needed to frame it as a contradiction to Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As I stated - I am going to have to stick with the facts "in the actual text" rather than simply "making stuff up".

BobRyan said:

Every verse in Genesis 1 does not say "animals were created before man" rather only certain verses deal with that point - it is totally unreasonable to expect every verse in the account to continually repeat the point already made. An obvious point that we all can agree to.

Your "expectation" that Genesis 2 repeat every detail in Genesis 1 - even the chronology is unreasonable since Genesis 2 does not start out with "now let me see if I can repeat what I just wrote on the prior page".. The mangled premise that forms the foundation of theories trying to present a conflicted-Bible is in certain glaringly obvious points - without reason.

Genesis 2 is not a Chronology at all - it specifies no time at all for the events it describes and it does not have the much imagined wooden sequences needed to frame it as a contradiction to Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2 need not repeat everything in 1, true. But if it is in sync with 1, it would use the same chronology.However, it does the opposite. Hence, animals were clearly created before Adam, in 1, but after Adam in 2. The text is very clear here and I am sticking with it.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Gen 2 is in the garden of Eden. Gen 1 is the entire world.
I don't follow you here. Are you arguing there are two creations with Gen. 2 describing a second creation thwart happened after the events in 1? That two separate of animals and people were created at different times?

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't follow you here. Are you arguing there are two creations with Gen. 2 describing a second creation thwart happened after the events in 1? That two separate of animals and people were created at different times?
I guess it means whatever your going to believe my words mean.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is one of the reasons why biblical scholarship argues for two authors here.

Right. You mentioned "one". There are others too, such as language, word choice, relationship to other texts, etc. Its settled for over a century that there are two contradictory creation stories in Gen 1 &2 (by two different authors), and it's embarrassing to see that some people are ignorant of this.

Today, there is a major town-gown riff between the scholars and the church. Many believers, and I am sure this is true of you, live in the world of a folk or Sunday-school apologetic. That's OK. However, the world of serious biblical scholarship is light years distant from you. And that is the approach I am working from. Hence, your views fail to satisfy.

Yep. This is the sorry state of our Christian education of believers. The uniformed, word of mouth, gut feeling, folk based view prevalent among many Christians has little connection to the reality of scripture, and worse, the anti-reality stance of many Christians permanently blinds them to learning the depths of meaning found by biblical scholars.

In Christ-

Papias

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Have no belief you are serious. Sorry to waste your time
I am dead-balls serious. If you are going to write off your comments by saying believe wwhat y immediately that your are not serious .
Have no belief you are serious. Sorry to waste your time
I am dead-balls serious. And yes, you do waste time and the time of others, sending out a load BS that even you, yourself cannot make sense out of and explain.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gen 2 is in the garden of Eden. Gen 1 is the entire world.

Excellent insight!! Very good point!

(I wish I had thought to include that in my list)

Genesis 2 focuses on events in Eden - but it has no timeline - so no "counter timeline" to Genesis 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob, the concept that Genesis represents multiple authorship is standard n the trade in modern biblical studies. And yes, many scholars have noted the contradiction between Gen. 1 and 2.

I can't agree with your interpretation of Gen. 2. You claim it is not a chronology, that it doesn't say animals were created after Adam. But, see, it does claim that. First Adam, the a situation occurs, God decides it isn't good for him to b alone, and the3n creates the animals. It is a simple, basic cause-and-effect, before-and-after, sequence.

Professor James Barr, Regius Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford, has written:

‘Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1–11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that: (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience (b) the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story (c) Noah’s flood was understood to be world-wide and extinguish all human and animal life except for those in the ark. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the "days" of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know.’

And even more obvious
There is no statement in Genesis two saying "after God created man - he then created animals".

NOR is there ANY timeline given in Genesis 2.

It is not a conflicting timeline - it is not arguing against Genesis 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

That is one of the reasons why biblical scholarship argues for two authors here.

Right. You mentioned "one". There are others too, such as language, word choice, relationship to other texts, etc. Its settled for over a century that there are two contradictory creation stories in Gen 1 &2 (by two different authors), and it's embarrassing to see that some people are ignorant of this.

Hebrew scholars of standing have always regarded this to be the case. Thus, Professor James Barr, Regius Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford, has written:

‘Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1–11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that: (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience.

False, since both Christian and Hebrew scholars do NOT realize that today is remains the 6th Day. The 6th Day started when the LORD made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them. Gen 2:19 The present 6th Day/Age will NOT end until AFTER our Universe is burned. ll Peter 3:10

(b) the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story

The figures are misleading since the Age of Adam did NOT begin to be measured until AFTER he and Eve were born again Spiritually. Gen 5:1-2 Adam (Adam and Eve) lived for 930 years AFTER they were "created in God's Image" which is Christ.

(c) Noah’s flood was understood to be world-wide and extinguish all human and animal life except for those in the ark. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the "days" of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know.

Our Earth has NEVER suffered a Global Flood. It was Adam's world (firmament) which was totally destroyed in the Flood. This released the Ark into Lake Van, Turkey, some 11k years ago. Here is evidence of Noah's arrival in the mountains of Ararat. http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/map00-fc.html

Why do you study the words of professors who study the words of people who called for the crucifixion of their own God? Early Jewish Theology is discounted and easily shown to be false. Jews are God's chosen but their Theology is wrong.

And even more obvious
There is no statement in Genesis two saying "after God created man - he then created animals".
NOR is there ANY timeline given in Genesis 2.

False, since "every living creature that moveth" was created from the Water on the 5th Day, Gen 1:21 except for those made by the Hands of the LORD at the beginning of the present 6th Day. Adam NAMED these creatures Gen 2:19 showing that he was made long BEFORE any other living creature on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4-7

Those who continue to study the obviously flawed theology of ancient men will NEVER understand Genesis, according to God. Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

False, since both Christian and Hebrew scholars do NOT realize that today is remains the 6th Day.

Just not according to the actual Bible.

In the Actual Bible the 7th day did happen -and it was blessed and each 7 day cycle afterwards was observed in the same way as the first completed week of Gen 1:2-2:3

Ex 20:11 "11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed THE Sabbath day and made it holy."

Ex 16 :23 "And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of THE Holy Sabbath unto the Lord: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning."

Gen 2
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Ex 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed The Sabbath day and made it holy.

It is the repeated 7 day sequence that is irrefutable.
========================================================

The 6th Day started when the LORD made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam

That is true as Genesis 1 points out.

Adam names them in Genesis 2 which is simply "added detail" to the Genesis 1:2-2:4 account.

. Gen 2:19 The present 6th Day/Age will NOT end until AFTER our Universe is burned. ll Peter 3:10

Just not in the actual Bible. - in the Bible there is never a point when the "Universe is burned out" and in the actual Bible this is not the 6th day of Genesis 1 - nor does Genesis 2 have a "6th day".

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Our Earth has NEVER suffered a Global Flood.

Not true according to the actual Bible -

Gen 6

11 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.

13 Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

... 17 Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish. some of all food which is edible, and gather it to yourself; and it shall be for food for you and for them.”

Gen 7
1 Then the Lord said to Noah, “Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time. 2 You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female; 3 also of the birds of the sky, by sevens, male and female, to keep offspring alive on the face of all the earth.

hint: No need "to preserve the animals" when in fact all the bird species and animal species were going to be available -- if only a local flood was going to happen.

Hint: Birds can fly away from a 'local flood' and migrate distances much farther than that - every year.

4 For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.” 5 Noah did according to all that the Lord had commanded him.

10 It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. 12 The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.

13 On the very same day Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark, 14 they and every beast after its kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, all sorts of birds. 15 So they went into the ark to Noah, by twos of all flesh in which was the breath of life. 16 Those that entered, male and female of all flesh, entered as God had commanded him; and the Lord closed it behind him.

17 Then the flood came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth. 18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered. 21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

hint: birds can FLY from a local flood - they do not get wiped out by local floods!

2 Peter 3
5 For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But as I have said before and will say again, Genesis provides two conflicting accounts of creation. I add that there has been considerable controversy over how to interpret the length of the days in the first account, a concept which is not al all in the second. Does day mean 24 hours? St. Augustine suggested that idea was utter nonsenses. Does it mean, as the Bible elsewhere says, that to God, a thousand of our years is but a day? Gen. 2 is radically different, as it gives a different, but more concrete notion of the time creation took. Accordingly, the animals and Eve were created during the lifespan of a man, Adam. Of course, it doesn't say exactly ho long of a lifetime, but it does give us a more concrete chronology We need to remember that, in the Bible, God's salvific revelations occur in history, not nature. Hence, the authors blew off the whole matter of creation, gave it little attention of clarification, because they were primarily focused describing God's acts in history of Israel. We also need to remember this is what sets Judaism off from many other religions. Many religions were nature-focused, using God or the gods as an explanatory principle of natural processes. They produced creation myths that go on and on, in sharp to the brevity of the Genesis myth.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Just not according to the actual Bible.

In the Actual Bible the 7th day did happen -and it was blessed and each 7 day cycle afterwards was observed in the same way as the first completed week of Gen 1:2-2:3

Ex 20:11 "11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed THE Sabbath day and made it holy."

Ex 16 :23 "And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of THE Holy Sabbath unto the Lord: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning."

Gen 2
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Ex 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed The Sabbath day and made it holy.

It is the repeated 7 day sequence that is irrefutable.
========================================================

That is true as Genesis 1 points out.

Adam names them in Genesis 2 which is simply "added detail" to the Genesis 1:2-2:4 account.

Just not in the actual Bible. - in the Bible there is never a point when the "Universe is burned out" and in the actual Bible this is not the 6th day of Genesis 1 - nor does Genesis 2 have a "6th day".

in Christ,

Bob

Bob:>>Just not in the actual Bible. - in the Bible there is never a point when the "Universe is burned out" and in the actual Bible this is not the 6th day of Genesis 1 - nor does Genesis 2 have a "6th day".

False as the following verses show. First is the account of the total destruction of our world:

2Pe 3:10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Next is the account of WHEN the animals which God commanded to be made from the dust of the ground in Chapter 1 are actually made in Chapter 2.

Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Amen?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Not true according to the actual Bible -

Gen 6

11 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.

13 Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

... 17 Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish. some of all food which is edible, and gather it to yourself; and it shall be for food for you and for them.”

Gen 7
1 Then the Lord said to Noah, “Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time. 2 You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female; 3 also of the birds of the sky, by sevens, male and female, to keep offspring alive on the face of all the earth.

hint: No need "to preserve the animals" when in fact all the bird species and animal species were going to be available -- if only a local flood was going to happen.

Hint: Birds can fly away from a 'local flood' and migrate distances much farther than that - every year.

4 For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.” 5 Noah did according to all that the Lord had commanded him.

10 It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. 12 The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.

13 On the very same day Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark, 14 they and every beast after its kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, all sorts of birds. 15 So they went into the ark to Noah, by twos of all flesh in which was the breath of life. 16 Those that entered, male and female of all flesh, entered as God had commanded him; and the Lord closed it behind him.

17 Then the flood came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth. 18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered. 21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

hint: birds can FLY from a local flood - they do not get wiped out by local floods!

2 Peter 3
5 For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.

in Christ,

Bob

All of the events which you have listed happened on Adam's Earth and NOT the present Earth. Again, you have confused Adam's Earth which was totally destroyed in the Flood with Planet Earth which will NEVER be destroyed by Water since it is a Rock with a molten core. The ONLY way to destroy Planet Earth is to burn it.

BTW, The last verse you listed shows that Adam's Earth was destroyed in the Flood although your version of Scripture does NOT show it as does the KJV. Adam's Earth perished in the Flood and our Cosmos will be burned. Aren't you glad God made the THIRD Heaven? ll Cor 12:2 Amen?

Upvote 0