willbill

Aug 2, 2015
Chicago
✟15,253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Moses wrote, "according to their kind," the species would reproduce; mutation we witness right before our eyes breeding dogs and having kids ourselves. People have seen/known this for centuries on centuries! Recently, a voice decided to take it a step further, saying, "It is not 'according to their kind' only, but all have derived their being from singularity, in which we have continued to evolve from."

Is it not interesting that Moses wrote, "according to their kind," *every single time he says God created a creature? Did he do it for the sake of filling in space, or with a meaning; with purpose or no purpose? And if with purpose, does it not speak most to us who live in these modern times?

Reactions: AV1611VET

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Genesis 1 attributes to the one God all the multifarious aspects of creation which the surrounding polytheistic cultures attributed to multiple gods. Yahweh is Lord of all. That is the point it is making.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

willbill

Aug 2, 2015
Chicago
✟15,253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1 attributes to the one God all the multifarious aspects of creation which the surrounding polytheistic cultures attributed to multiple gods. Yahweh is Lord of all. That is the point it is making.

I would agree to disagree, for Genesis clearly makes scientific claims - they just don't match ours, thus we make them null, claiming such effort went in to make one point simple: God is Lord over creation (yes, I don't doubt that's a point in Genesis, a point made through almost every book in the Bible!) Genesis has other reasons: Notice time on Earth isn't created until the 4th day. Interesting no? Time is not universal; the time on Earth is not the same as Mars - time is subjective to the planet in which we are speaking of. Also, God made water before living creatures. If it were with out purpose, I would have supposed He would've made creatures then water for them. Instead, what we see is a process, a process in which evolution has caused many believers to go astray. Now I ask you sir, one question, "Are you a believer in what evolution states about our reality?"

Reactions: Oncedeceived
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Moses wrote, "according to their kind," the species would reproduce; mutation we witness right before our eyes breeding dogs and having kids ourselves. People have seen/known this for centuries on centuries! Recently, a voice decided to take it a step further, saying, "It is not 'according to their kind' only, but all have derived their being from singularity, in which we have continued to evolve from."

Is it not interesting that Moses wrote, "according to their kind," *every single time he says God created a creature? Did he do it for the sake of filling in space, or with a meaning; with purpose or no purpose? And if with purpose, does it not speak most to us who live in these modern times?

First, Moses wrote the words in Genesis which the Holy Spirit, the Author of Scripture, breathed for Moses to write. Most people don't know that there were TWO creations. Here is an example. Adam was made the 3rd Day by the Hands of Jesus. Gen 2:4-7 Every other living creature was created and brought forth from the Water on the 5th Day Gen 1:21 which was long AFTER Adam was made. This verse shows the difference:

Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after His kind, and cattle after Their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after His kind: and God saw that it was good.

The beasts of the Earth are made according to His (Jesus) kind and the cattle after Their (Trinity) kind, from the water, and everything that creepeth after His (Jesus) kind, made from the ground and God saw that it was good.

Jesus made the beasts of the Earth and the fowl and the creeping things and the Trinity made the others from the Water. Science in rejecting God's Truth falsely assumes that life which came from the water are "natural" creatures since they refuse to give God the Credit. Amen?

Upvote 0

willbill

Aug 2, 2015
Chicago
✟15,253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First, Moses wrote the words in Genesis which the Holy Spirit, the Author of Scripture, breathed for Moses to write. Most people don't know that there were TWO creations. Here is an example. Adam was made the 3rd Day by the Hands of Jesus. Gen 2:4-7 Every other living creature was created and brought forth from the Water on the 5th Day Gen 1:21 which was long AFTER Adam was made. This verse shows the difference:

Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after His kind, and cattle after Their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after His kind: and God saw that it was good.

The beasts of the Earth are made according to His (Jesus) kind and the cattle after Their (Trinity) kind, from the water, and everything that creepeth after His (Jesus) kind, made from the ground and God saw that it was good.

Jesus made the beasts of the Earth and the fowl and the creeping things and the Trinity made the others from the Water. Science in rejecting God's Truth falsely assumes that life which came from the water are "natural" creatures since they refuse to give God the Credit. Amen?

I am left confused.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would agree to disagree, for Genesis clearly makes scientific claims - they just don't match ours, thus we make them null, claiming such effort went in to make one point simple: God is Lord over creation (yes, I don't doubt that's a point in Genesis, a point made through almost every book in the Bible!) Genesis has other reasons: Notice time on Earth isn't created until the 4th day. Interesting no? Time is not universal; the time on Earth is not the same as Mars - time is subjective to the planet in which we are speaking of. Also, God made water before living creatures. If it were with out purpose, I would have supposed He would've made creatures then water for them. Instead, what we see is a process, a process in which evolution has caused many believers to go astray. Now I ask you sir, one question, "Are you a believer in what evolution states about our reality?"
Right, not only that but the sun and moon were created for time and they were not created until the fourth day. The days can't be literal in the sense we know today.

Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

willbill

Aug 2, 2015
Chicago
✟15,253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right, not only that but the sun and moon were created for time and they were not created until the fourth day. The days can't be literal in the sense we know today.

Our Sun and Moon is what is used to tell the time on Earth, yes. The evidence is not only within the Bible that the days are literal, but our own reality itself, having 6 days + the day of rest.

Our sense we know today states the Sun came before the Earth - complete opposite of what the bible claims. Heed with caution as you walk through Man's knowledge.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our Sun and Moon is what is used to tell the time on Earth, yes. The evidence is not only within the Bible that the days are literal, but our own reality itself, having 6 days + the day of rest.

Our sense we know today states the Sun came before the Earth - complete opposite of what the bible claims. Heed with caution as you walk through Man's knowledge.
How do you know what a day signifies for actual time included in it? A day outside of time is hard to pin down as actual "time". A day could include multitudes of time and still be a day.

Upvote 0

willbill

Aug 2, 2015
Chicago
✟15,253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How do you know what a day signifies for actual time included in it? A day outside of time is hard to pin down as actual "time". A day could include multitudes of time and still be a day.

Bless you for your VERY valid point! I guess I shall take heed to this: "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." - 2 Peter 3:8, NIV

But I must insist, as an Aramaic speaker, a language closely rooted with Hebrew, echad (one in Hebrew) and 'kha (one in Aramaic) mean a literal 1, thus the Holy Spirit knew stating such a claim the people would understand it to mean a 24-hour day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I would agree to disagree, for Genesis clearly makes scientific claims - they just don't match ours, thus we make them null

The concerns of Genesis are theological, not scientific.

claiming such effort went in to make one point simple: God is Lord over creation

Apparently you have never heard of alliteration as a literary device.

Notice time on Earth isn't created until the 4th day.

What absolute rubbish.

Time is not universal; the time on Earth is not the same as Mars - time is subjective to the planet in which we are speaking of.

More rubbish.

Also, God made water before living creatures. If it were with out purpose, I would have supposed He would've made creatures then water for them.

I don't even know what that means. It can be assumed as a priori likely that God always has a purpose for doing what he does.

Instead, what we see is a process, a process in which evolution has caused many believers to go astray. Now I ask you sir, one question, "Are you a believer in what evolution states about our reality?"

And what exactly is evolution supposed to "state about our reality"? If you mean that organisms evolve and adapt to their environment, and in the process occasionally split into two new species, yes I believe that.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
1. The concerns of Genesis are theological, not scientific.

2. Apparently you have never heard of alliteration as a literary device.

3. What absolute rubbish.

4. More rubbish.

5. I don't even know what that means. It can be assumed as a priori likely that God always has a purpose for doing what he does.

6. And what exactly is evolution supposed to "state about our reality"? If you mean that organisms evolve and adapt to their environment, and in the process occasionally split into two new species, yes I believe that.

1. False, since IF you had the proper interpretation, you would see that God's Truth in Genesis AGREES in every way with every discovery of mankind.

2. Sounds like one of those people who change God's Holy Word into anything they wish it to be, without trying to see IF it is literally true or Not.

3. Time began in our Cosmos at the Big Bang on the 3rd Day, Gen 2:4 but the First Stars of our world did NOT light up until some 500 Million years later, on the FOURTH Day. Gen 1:16 God got it correct more than 3k years ago and it took until this century for Space Telescopes to learn the SAME.

4. It's God's Truth. God told us that unbelievers would see His Truth as "foolishness". Since you call it rubbish, you fulfill Scripture.

5. No comment.

6. Evolution is nothing more than the definition of godless people who dreamed up the False ToE to explain a Lie that Humans evolved from the common ancestor of Apes. This is Totally False since Humans were made long BEFORE any other living creature on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4-7 This makes it impossible that Humans could have possibly evolved from other creatures since NONE were created until the 5th Day. Gen 1:21

Reactions: willbill
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
6. Evolution is nothing more than the definition of godless people who dreamed up the False ToE to explain a Lie that Humans evolved from the common ancestor of Apes. This is Totally False since Humans were made long BEFORE any other living creature on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4-7 This makes it impossible that Humans could have possibly evolved from other creatures since NONE were created until the 5th Day. Gen 1:21

Does "Godless people" include the American evangelical Asa Gray?

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you for your VERY valid point! I guess I shall take heed to this: "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." - 2 Peter 3:8, NIV

But I must insist, as an Aramaic speaker, a language closely rooted with Hebrew, echad (one in Hebrew) and 'kha (one in Aramaic) mean a literal 1, thus the Holy Spirit knew stating such a claim the people would understand it to mean a 24-hour day.
Why 24 hours? Why not that He wanted us to take a day in our own time and use it in the way He used His days in Creation?

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The fact that Science claims that the Sun came before the earth is not based upon any evidence. I believe that the Earth came before the Sun. Most would claim this was not possible because of how they "think" the Solar System formed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The fact that Science claims that the Sun came before the earth is not based upon any evidence. I believe that the Earth came before the Sun. Most would claim this was not possible because of how they "think" the Solar System formed.

So the Earth was created first, and was wandering through space. Then the Sun was created, and what luck it was that the Sun caught the Earth in its gravitational field.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the Earth was created first, and was wandering through space. Then the Sun was created, and what luck it was that the Sun caught the Earth in its gravitational field.
Actually, Psalms 104:5 - [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever and Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing. God was creating. It may now be the case that the Earth needs the gravitational field and all the other planets as well but we don't know how it all went down. Scientists don't and we don't either.

Reactions: willbill
Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The concerns of Genesis are theological, not scientific.

Apparently you have never heard of alliteration as a literary device.

What absolute rubbish.

More rubbish.

I don't even know what that means. It can be assumed as a priori likely that God always has a purpose for doing what he does.

And what exactly is evolution supposed to "state about our reality"? If you mean that organisms evolve and adapt to their environment, and in the process occasionally split into two new species, yes I believe that.
So the Bible has rubbish?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Actually, Psalms 104:5 - [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever

That's an unfortunate quote, given that it is hurtling round the Sun at about 18 miles per second. Scientists can make reasonable inferences from observations; YECs have got nothing except a crass literalism.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's an unfortunate quote, given that it is hurtling round the Sun at about 18 miles per second. Scientists can make reasonable inferences from observations; YECs have got nothing except a crass literalism.
Well considering I am not a YEC what then?

Upvote 0