Donald Trump: I'll Change Denali Back to Mount McKinley

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It seems a statement of sorts is on the cards regarding the subject. I think he will take the pledge.

I don't think Trump will pledge to anything other than Trump... he didn't spend his own money to play second fiddle...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think Trump will pledge to anything other than Trump... he didn't spend his own money to play second fiddle...
But if he's convinced that he will be the candidate...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Which he is, that's why he signed the pledge today.

On the one hand, he just signed away the GOP's greatest motivation to nominate him...

...on the other, the pledge is non-binding...

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

amanuensis63

Nov 29, 2014
✟7,455.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Not to impugn the Donald, but I am doubtful that this pledge will be worth the paper its written on if Trumple falls in the polls sufficiently to cost him the nomination. Since it isn't legally binding it's just a nice thing until Trumple's options decrease.

Trump knows he's got a strong base that will not be swayed by facts or common sense, so if he fails to get the nomination because the GOP accidentally gets an influx of people who actually think about their nominee I'm guessing he'll simply tear up the pledge and run 3rd party. I mean it's only rational if everyone else on the planet who disagrees with Trump is a "loser".

Why wouldn't Trump want to provide the people of earth a "Winner"? Just because of some little piece of paper? Ohmy!

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Not to impugn the Donald, but I am doubtful that this pledge will be worth the paper its written on if Trumple falls in the polls sufficiently to cost him the nomination. Since it isn't legally binding it's just a nice thing until Trumple's options decrease.

Trump knows he's got a strong base that will not be swayed by facts or common sense, so if he fails to get the nomination because the GOP accidentally gets an influx of people who actually think about their nominee I'm guessing he'll simply tear up the pledge and run 3rd party. I mean it's only rational if everyone else on the planet who disagrees with Trump is a "loser".

Why wouldn't Trump want to provide the people of earth a "Winner"? Just because of some little piece of paper? Ohmy!

Your last line made me think that perhaps he should have Charlie Sheen be his running mate. Winner! ;)

Reactions: amanuensis63
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0