Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump: I'll Change Denali Back to Mount McKinley | ABC News

Donald Trump, apparently assuming he will secure the White House, tweeted on Monday evening that he would reverse the decision announced by President Obama to change the name of Alaska's Mount McKinley back to the traditional name Denali, saying it is an affront to the Buckeye State.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Donald Trump, apparently assuming he will secure the White House, tweeted on Monday evening that he would reverse the decision announced by President Obama to change the name of Alaska's Mount McKinley back to the traditional name Denali, saying it is an affront to the Buckeye State.
We must not offend Ohio. Correct me but how many electoral votes does Ohio have? Trump is truly out of his mind. Or, his minions didn't do their homework.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is so obvious that he uses anything and everything to keep his name in the news. It's all FREE campaign ads for him. He doesn't need to spend much his money on his campaign, the press is doing it for him.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe they can get a sponsorship deal with GMC.
I just got an image in my mind of Denali being renamed to TRUMP. With a giant gold-plated sign at the summit that says the same.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just got an image in my mind of Denali being renamed to TRUMP. With a giant gold-plated sign at the summit that says the same.
Trumpmobile

a.baa-cool-strange-car.jpg

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

amanuensis63

Nov 29, 2014
✟7,455.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

LOLOLOL! What he means is he'll change it back FROM Denali. It did have an original name. Besides outside of Ohio, how many people ever think about President McKinley? I mean no offense toward him, but c'mon. There is no reason to keep a mountain that McKinley never even visited (wasn't even in the US when he was president) over the original name.

Or is it because we didn't take enough from the native inhabitants of the US?

This is more faux outrage on the right. They hate it because....GRRRR OBAMA! Like anyone cares about the "sacred" name of Mount McKinley.

Give it a rest, Right Wingers! You cannot literally care about every single thing Obama does when it doesn't actually impact you in any way, can you???????

You guys will have your first heart attack years earlier than normal!

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Give it a rest, Right Wingers! You cannot literally care about every single thing Obama does when it doesn't actually impact you in any way, can you???????

You guys will have your first heart attack years earlier than normal!
Never mind... :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOLOLOL! What he means is he'll change it back FROM Denali. It did have an original name. Besides outside of Ohio, how many people ever think about President McKinley? I mean no offense toward him, but c'mon. There is no reason to keep a mountain that McKinley never even visited (wasn't even in the US when he was president) over the original name.
When I brought this up to a few people, many had no idea that he was the only other sitting president to be assassinated aside from Lincoln, Garfield and Kennedy or what number president he was. My sister thought he might have at least climbed the mountain or discovered it or maybe it was named in honor of his assassination but no.

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
lol how many people in Ohio even know who McKinley was?

Upvote 0