Truckers for Trump will boycott driving to New York City after $355M fraud ruling

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I gave you evidence.
No, you didn't. You claimed her bias affected her case...but you never even tried to demonstrate how it did.

Try that, and maybe you'll have something. Be a nice change of pace, that's for sure.

You say no, so prove it did not affect the trial! back what you think with evidence!
I'm still saying that, because you haven't done it.

So I am dishonest now huh?
You tell me. You keep making a claim, and you continue to avoid providing evidence for that claim. Even after repeatedly asking you to do so.

Is that being honest?

No, believe me, you are not more stubborn than I am, I can assure of that...dude.
We'll see.

Let the thread close then!
If we keep this up, it will. Just depends on when the mods get around it it, I guess.

You have 2 choices, either prove it had no effect on the trial or we can just go around and around over and over, me asking you to prove your claim, you asking me to disprove it....until the thread gets closed.
I've provided Judge Engoron's decision. Show his bias, and how it affected the ruling.

-- A2SG, done all I can.....

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Demand isn't slowing. More consumers are buying larger numbers of EV/PHEVs every year.

What is slowing is the relative rate of growth of remand. But that's primarily because the base is expanding.

Again I have to ask, if this is true and the slowdown is all just an illusion in relative mathematics, why are US automakers scaling back production of their EVs? Heck, GM isn't even advertising them any more.

In 2020 during the Super Bowl, GM recruited Lebron James to reveal the Hummer EV.

In 2021 during the Super Bowl, GM recruited Will Ferrrel to talk about why he hated EVeryone in Norway because they had more EVs than the US.

In 2022 during the Super Bowl, GM recruited Dr. EVil to push EVs.

In 2023 during the Super Bowl, GM returned to Will Ferrel to push EVs once again and even invoked Netflix to help.

If you just watched those 4 videos, you just consumed somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 MILLION+ of advertising for GM's EVs over the past 4 years.

How much did GM spend on EV advertisements in 2024 during the Super Bowl?

~$0~

Now I will point out that Kia put together an absolutely masterful ad this year to tug at the heart strings for their EV9.

And BMW recruited Christopher Walken and Usher to push their all-new 5 series AND the Electric i5, although this ad didn't really focus on the EV very closely, and I had to watch it more than once to realize it was an EV ad.

Toyota completely abandoned EV advertising in 2024 and went back to pushing the all-new ICE Tacoma.

Obviously the budget for and focus on EV advertising has changed pretty substantially. This falls perfectly in line with scaled back demand, and the resultant scaled back production.

You're only allowed to post 5 media clips in a single post, which is why I didn't link the last 2 commercials, but they're on YouTube if you want to see them.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Engoron has exhibited “clear judicial bias” against Trump, including by telling Trump’s attorney that the former president is “just a bad guy” whom New York Attorney General Letitia James “should go after".
Justice Engoron went out of his way in court to not come down hard on an ill-behaved defendant and lawyer. Numerous legal reporters noted how they behaved as badly as anyone they'd ever seen in court.
A judicial ethics complaint was filed against him for “clear judicial bias”...
By a sycophant not involved in the case who is trying to become the VP nominee.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Obviously the budget for and focus on EV advertising has changed pretty substantially. This falls perfectly in line with scaled back demand, and the resultant scaled back production.
Why are you wasting your time posting this stuff (I didn't waste any time reading it). No-one is arguing against it.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you wasting your time posting this stuff (I didn't waste any time reading it). No-one is arguing against it.
^_^

Why are you wasting your time responding to things you didn't read?

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Again I have to ask, if this is true and the slowdown is all just an illusion in relative mathematics, why are US automakers scaling back production of their EVs?

They're not.

They're slowing the rate of acceleration of production.

Instead of aiming to produce 2 to 2.2 million EVs in 2024, US automakers are aiming to produce 1.6 to 1.9 million. (Rough numbers obviously)

That's compared to somewhere between 1.2 and 1.5 million in 2023 and about 850,000 in 2022.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why are you wasting your time responding to things you didn't read?
Just trying to save the forum some bandwidth. But seriously, no-one has denied that sales aren't as high as forecasted. Why argue against something that no-one has argued for?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They're not.

Yes, they are.

U.S. automakers are scaling back their EV plans

General Motors, Ford and others are putting the brakes on some of their EV production plans as consumer adoption lags behind expectations.
Ford, for example, announced in September it was pausing construction of its $3.5 billion EV factory in Marshall, Michigan, after sluggish sales of its F-150 Lightning and other EVs prompted it to roll back its $50 billion production expansion plans.
“Ford electrified their F150 because it was one of the best selling pickup trucks in the country, maybe in the world,” Adam Ragozzino, Principal Analyst, Batteries & e-Powertrains, Wards Intelligence, said in an interview. “But an electric pickup isn’t really what mainstream pickup truck owners wanted. You know the guys that are working out of their truck towing, hauling tools, whatever it is, that doesn’t fit the bill for them.”
GM has made similar moves, announcing in October that it was abandoning plans to produce up to 400,000 EVs through mid-2024 as the company tries to balance market demand and profitability.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Just trying to save the forum some bandwidth. But seriously, no-one has denied that sales aren't as high as forecasted. Why argue against something that no-one has argued for?
Because it's evidence that the left-wing conspiracy to make us all drive EVs is failing.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because it's evidence that the left-wing conspiracy to make us all drive EVs is failing.
You know that sales of EVs are increasing, right? And have been since they started selling them? Companies sell more every year.

If you sell 10 cars one year then 20 the next then your sales are increasing and the rate of that increase is a factor of 2. It's doubled. The next year you sell 30 cars. The rate of the increase is now a factor of 1.5. The rate has fallen. But sales have still increased.

How come some of you just don't get this?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know that sales of EVs are increasing, right? And have been since they started selling them? Companies sell more every year.

If you sell 10 cars one year then 20 the next then your sales are increasing and the rate of that increase is a factor of 2. It's doubled. The next year you sell 30 cars. The rate of the increase is now a factor of 1.5. The rate has fallen. But sales have still increased.

What's your point? If you fall short of your forecast, that's bad news. Bad enough to make Ford scale back their new production facility pretty drastically.

Ford is reducing its commitment to a planned Marshall-area electric vehicle battery facility by 800 jobs and more than $1 billion, moves that will reduce the plant's production capacity by roughly 40%.
The announcement represents a drastic shift from the promised 2,500 jobs and $3.5 billion investment revealed earlier this year by Ford and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. Ford spokesman Mark Truby acknowledged the company's cuts also almost certainly mean the state will reduce the roughly $1.8 billion promised in taxpayer subsidies for the megadevelopment.
"We've been studying this project for the past couple of months. I think we're all aware EV adoption is growing, and we expect that to continue, actually. But it's not growing at the pace that I think ourselves and the industry had expected," Truby said.

I think most of us would agree that a 40% reduction in capacity is pretty significant.

So here's the thing that you don't seem to get. The earlier forecasts were wrong. Horribly wrong. Wrong enough that Ford scaled back their new facility by more than 1 BILLION DOLLARS. So naturally, they're taking a step back to re-evaluate their plans based on their new forecasts. But why should we believe that their new forecasts are right when the first ones were so far off?

Instead of governments trying to mandate EV purchases by some arbitrary date, they should just stay the heck out of it. There is a healthy competition amongst automakers to address consumers' concerns with EVs. Last year, RAM produced a rather humorous commercial about "Premature Electrification" acknowledging the concerns people have with EVs.

This competition amongst automakers will drive new innovations in technology. Once an EV can satisfy all of the same use-cases as an ICE vehicle at a comparable price, people will buy them because they want them and they provide benefit, not because the government says they have to.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What's your point? If you fall short of your forecast, that's bad news. Bad enough to make Ford scale back their new production facility pretty drastically.

Ford is reducing its commitment to a planned Marshall-area electric vehicle battery facility by 800 jobs and more than $1 billion, moves that will reduce the plant's production capacity by roughly 40%.
The announcement represents a drastic shift from the promised 2,500 jobs and $3.5 billion investment revealed earlier this year by Ford and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. Ford spokesman Mark Truby acknowledged the company's cuts also almost certainly mean the state will reduce the roughly $1.8 billion promised in taxpayer subsidies for the megadevelopment.
"We've been studying this project for the past couple of months. I think we're all aware EV adoption is growing, and we expect that to continue, actually. But it's not growing at the pace that I think ourselves and the industry had expected," Truby said.

I think most of us would agree that a 40% reduction in capacity is pretty significant.

So here's the thing that you don't seem to get. The earlier forecasts were wrong. Horribly wrong. Wrong enough that Ford scaled back their new facility by more than 1 BILLION DOLLARS. So naturally, they're taking a step back to re-evaluate their plans based on their new forecasts. But why should we believe that their new forecasts are right when the first ones were so far off?

Instead of governments trying to mandate EV purchases by some arbitrary date, they should just stay the heck out of it. There is a healthy competition amongst automakers to address consumers' concerns with EVs. Last year, RAM produced a rather humorous commercial about "Premature Electrification" acknowledging the concerns people have with EVs.

This competition amongst automakers will drive new innovations in technology. Once an EV can satisfy all of the same use-cases as an ICE vehicle at a comparable price, people will buy them because they want them and they provide benefit, not because the government says they have to.
I have no interest in continuing with this...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Engoron has exhibited “clear judicial bias” against Trump, including by telling Trump’s attorney that the former president is “just a bad guy” whom New York Attorney General Letitia James “should go after". A judicial ethics complaint was filed against him for “clear judicial bias”...
If a complaint is all it takes to be guilty, then Trump has plenty of complains against him in the form of indictments. He's even been found guilty a couple of times, and yet you still claim he's innocent. Why the double standard for Engoron, who has not been found to have exhibited clear judicial bias?

• Agree
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, they are.

U.S. automakers are scaling back their EV plans

General Motors, Ford and others are putting the brakes on some of their EV production plans as consumer adoption lags behind expectations.
Ford, for example, announced in September it was pausing construction of its $3.5 billion EV factory in Marshall, Michigan, after sluggish sales of its F-150 Lightning and other EVs prompted it to roll back its $50 billion production expansion plans.
“Ford electrified their F150 because it was one of the best selling pickup trucks in the country, maybe in the world,” Adam Ragozzino, Principal Analyst, Batteries & e-Powertrains, Wards Intelligence, said in an interview. “But an electric pickup isn’t really what mainstream pickup truck owners wanted. You know the guys that are working out of their truck towing, hauling tools, whatever it is, that doesn’t fit the bill for them.”
GM has made similar moves, announcing in October that it was abandoning plans to produce up to 400,000 EVs through mid-2024 as the company tries to balance market demand and profitability.

That article agrees with what I wrote.

EV production and sales are still accelerating, just not at the rate initially hope or projected by some automakers.

Slowing expansion plans is NOT reducing production. More EVs will be sold and produced in 2024 than in 2023.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although there is interest in EVs, Richard Bazzy, who owns three Ford dealerships in suburban Pittsburgh, said many customers tell his sales staff that they’re just not ready yet to make the transition to battery power given the pricing, even with federal tax credits. Customers also fear the electric range isn’t long enough to travel where they want to go. This is true especially for those with harsh winters, where range can deplete more quickly. He also said they’re concerned about too few charging stations.
“Interest is there because it’s intriguing,” Bazzy said. “But it just doesn’t overcome the concerns.”
As such, the sales pace slowed to 50% year-over-year by June 2023, and last month, it dropped to 35% year-over-year.
Many of these companies’ auto dealers are now raising alarm about what they see as slowing EV interest.
Last week, several thousand dealers from across the country wrote in a public letter to President Joe Biden their concerns over the shift to EVs, calling electrification mandates “unrealistic based on current and forecasted customer demand. Already, electric vehicles are stacking up on our lots.”
Once the valid concerns of range, charing times and cold-weather performance degradation are sufficiently addressed, I anticipate EV sales will skyrocket. Until then, sales will likely continue a slow, arduous climb until they reach a market saturation point and hold steady or even decline quarter-over-quarter (which some forecast might happen as early as this year).

• Agree
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Letter from car dealers to President Biden concerning EV mandates:

Dear Mr. President,
In November of last year, over 4,000 auto dealers from across the country representing every major automotive brand wrote you a letter asking that you “tap the brakes” on a proposed government electric vehicle mandate. The letter reflected the voice of our customers – the Americans who come to our dealerships every day to buy vehicles that are affordable and meet their needs.
There has been no response to the letter from your Administration.
In the next 8-10 weeks, the proposed regulations are expected to be finalized. As you consider whether to force American consumers to buy electric vehicles at unprecedented levels, we ask that you consider some facts:
  • The number of electric vehicles that qualify for the $7,500 tax credit in 2024 is less than half the number that qualified in 2023 (only 19 versus 43 last year). New rules disqualify vehicles that rely heavily on components and minerals from China, which currently dominates the supply chain for batteries. The cost premium for electric vehicles is a major factor for consumers, and the loss of these credits is bound to depress consumer demand in 2024 and beyond.
  • Despite the $7.5 billion allocated two years ago to build public electric vehicle charging stations, just three have been opened to date. Range anxiety is a major factor in consumers’ reluctance to buy electric vehicles. Based on the government’s estimates, 2.8 million public chargers will be needed by 2032, but only 170,000 public chargers exist today. That means 800 new chargers would have to be built every single day -- for the next nine years. Clearly, this is not even in the realm of possibility.
  • Electric vehicles represented just 8% of vehicles sold in 2023. The proposed regulations would require that 60% of vehicles sold in 2030 be battery electric – and two out of every three by 2032. Electric vehicle sales are not remotely on trend to meet those requirements. Indeed, the day supply of electric vehicles on dealer lots today is nearly twice the supply of conventional vehicles.
Mr. President, our letter in November asked that you tap the brakes on the electric vehicle mandate. We now ask that you hit the brakes. It is uncontestable that the combination of fewer tax incentives, a woefully inadequate charging infrastructure, and insufficient consumer demand makes the proposed electric vehicle mandate completely unrealistic.
On behalf of our customers, we ask that you pause on the electric vehicle mandate. Wait for the battery supply chain to develop outside the control of China. Wait for the charging infrastructure to support a significant increase in electric vehicles. And wait for the American consumer to make the choice to buy an electric vehicle, confident that they are affordable and won’t strand them because of a lack of charging stations.
Mr. President, we share your belief in an electric vehicle future. We only ask that you not accelerate into that future before the road is ready.
Sincerely,
Supporting Dealerships

• Winner
Upvote 0