Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think we sin everyday and need God's forgiveness everyday.

Matthew 6:11-12
11 Give us today the food we need,
12 and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.

Mark 11:25
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Matthew 6:15
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:14
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go to a confessional..see a priest..:priest::D

confessional-1.jpg

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you sin...even if it is random my friend then you fall short of the glory of God.

It's all about how God sees us. After salvation He sees us through the lens of Christ blood. Our occassional mistakes do not change that.

I won't walk about as a defeated woe is me sinner, when I am a saint, a member of the royal priesthood, and joint heir to the promise who makes the occasional mistakes.

It isn't about me, it's all about Him and what He has done.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good answer John. :papapa:We are perfect in Gods eyes. :sohappy:
We're just being made holy.
Hbr 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

I just love these new smiles. :D

which is why I voted "no" :bow: and one of many reasons I am eternally grateful for Christ and what He did for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's all about how God sees us. After salvation He sees us through the lens of Christ blood. Our occassional mistakes do not change that.

I won't walk about as a defeated woe is me sinner, when I am a saint, a member of the royal priesthood, and joint heir to the promise who makes the occasional mistakes.

It isn't about me, it's all about Him and what He has done.

Actually the Blood of Jesus does not simply cover sin, it does away with it and there is a difference between being honest as opposed to feeling defeated.

God is not in love with some perfect idea of what we will be in heaven. He is in love with the beat up, scarred, wounded and miserable soul that everyone else has given up on.

He is in love with us, the true us.

Western Christianity is obsessed with spiritual plastic surgery framed with the implication that if we make ourselves look better that God will secretly love us more.

Deep down inside most Christians don't truly believe God loves them just the way they are. Instead they believe God loves some heavenly idea of them and that some day we will arrive at that place.

In turn, many of us love each other the same way. We don't truly love each other for who we are...we love an idea of each other. It's why many marriages fail, churches divide, preachers backslide and children runaway from home.

Love does not say "I love you for what you can be" or "what I want you to be"

nor does love say "I love you inspite of your faults"

instead...

Love says "I love you just the way you are with your faults"

When we realize that God loves us with this kind of love, then we learn to love each other with this kind of love.

The true mark of a believer is not the one who says..."I will live and even die for you", but the one that says, "Lord, not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!" ... not the one who loves the Lord, but the one who allows the Lord to love them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sorry but the road you were trying to push me down is a defeated road. It is where I have often heard people end every sentence with a plea for forgivness because they are afraid they will die with some sin unforgiven and end up damned.

I'm not advocating plastic surgery Christianity. I am advocating an honest understanding of the victory we have in Christ. That goes much deeper than the surface.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not condemned, why should I act and think that I am?

Rom 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry but the road you were trying to push me down is a defeated road. It is where I have often heard people end every sentence with a plea for forgivness because they are afraid they will die with some sin unforgiven and end up damned.

I'm not advocating plastic surgery Christianity. I am advocating an honest understanding of the victory we have in Christ. That goes much deeper than the surface.

I am certainly not trying to push you down that type of road. What I am advocating is not where we always plead for forgiveness, but where we wash His feet with our tears and renewed with gratefulness at His merciese that are new every morning.

Rom 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

At no point did I ever say that Christians should feel condemned. What I did imply is that Christians should feel forgiven and feel loved by God in the same way that Peter of John must have felt loved by God.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am certainly not trying to push you down that type of road. What I am advocating is not where we always plead for forgiveness, but where we wash His feet with our tears and renewed with gratefulness at His merciese that are new every morning.

At no point did I ever say that Christians should feel condemned. What I did imply is that Christians should feel forgiven and feel loved by God in the same way that Peter or John must have felt loved by God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.