USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
speaking of Romans. Here's some uplifting for my battered brothers and sisters...

Rom 8:37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thanks bro!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟161,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sure I still sin in areas, but so many areas have already been done away with since being born-again, and more areas yet to overcome.

Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The true GOD type of love desires for the flesh to die and allow GOD to live through that person for the body of Christ. Walking in that sanctification doesn't happen overnight.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry Neph, once again you are reading into what I am saying. I never mentioned anything about SALVATION.

You know Elijah2 I am about done talking to you altogether because I see it increasingly being made impossible to hold any conversation with you.

In one post you mention backsliding, I ask you to clarify your use of the word and you reply that you never said it, even though you clearly did.

The next post of yours that I make a reply to, you give a discription of what people are doing and then as plain as day ask me whether they are born again or not. You asked this.
Are they “born again”, and do they need help?

You are in effect asking me, point blank, to judge whether they are born again or saved, whether they will recieve salvation! You even use quotation marks on born again!

That is in effect mentioning salvation.

You then blame me for once again reading too much into what you said all because I simply answered your question. :doh:

Yes they need help, we all do, but it is not for us to judge whether they are born again or not. And if you don't want me to answer your question on whether they are born again or not, then simply do not ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You know Elijah2 I am about done talking to you altogether because I see it increasingly being made impossible to hold any conversation with you.

In one post you mention backsliding, I ask you to clarify your use of the word and you reply that you never said it, even though you clearly did.

The next post of yours that I make a reply to, you give a discription of what people are doing and then as plain as day ask me whether they are born again or not. You asked this.
Are they “born again”, and do they need help?

You are in effect asking me, point blank, to judge whether they are born again or saved, whether they will recieve salvation! You even use quotation marks on born again!

That is in effect mentioning salvation.

You then blame me for once again reading too much into what you said all because I simply answered your question. :doh:

Yes they need help, we all do, but it is not for us to judge whether they are born again or not. And if you don't want me to answer your question on whether they are born again or not, then simply do not ask me.

Mate, here we go again, you read far too much into words.

Backsliding in my country means just that, it doesn't mean they lose their SALVATION. I've backslided many times.

I am not the one who uses Spirit-filled Christians or Born again Christians, you do. To me in my Aussie talk, you are a Christian or a believer.

My question was trying to establish what you people call Born Again, because in my books, that is in Australia, there are six types of Christians, such as wayside, stony, thorny, 30-fold, 60-fold and 100-fold.

And I have explained that in detail of the antics of each of those types of Christians.

That is why I am trying to establish what a true blue Born again Christian that Cassidy was talking about.

Once again you say I say something, and I said NOTHING about SAVED. I've said NOTHING ABOUT SALVATION.

If you back slide, that doesn't make you a non-saved person in my country.

If you are born again in my country you are a believer.

Now a believer in our country can have two heart soils, such as good or bad, and in each heart soil there are three types of Christians.

Now the comments I have made were simple as per Matthew 13.

So please understand that backsliders don't lose their salvation, where does that say that in His Word?

MATE, once again it's interpretation of usage of words in Aussie context and American context, and Cassidy versions.

Once again a misunderstanding, and please stop being hostile with me, I'm not with you.

You ask a straight forward question and I will give you a straight forward answer.:)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mate, here we go again, you read far too much into words.

Backsliding in my country means just that, it doesn't mean they lose their SALVATION. I've backslided many times.

I am not the one who uses Spirit-filled Christians or Born again Christians, you do. To me in my Aussie talk, you are a Christian or a believer.

My question was trying to establish what you people call Born Again, because in my books, that is in Australia, there are six types of Christians, such as wayside, stony, thorny, 30-fold, 60-fold and 100-fold.

And I have explained that in detail of the antics of each of those types of Christians.

That is why I am trying to establish what a true blue Born again Christian that Cassidy was talking about.

Once again you say I say something, and I said NOTHING about SAVED. I've said NOTHING ABOUT SALVATION.

If you back slide, that doesn't make you a non-saved person in my country.

If you are born again in my country you are a believer.

Now a believer in our country can have two heart soils, such as good or bad, and in each heart soil there are three types of Christians.

Now the comments I have made were simple as per Matthew 13.

So please understand that backsliders don't lose their salvation, where does that say that in His Word?

MATE, once again it's interpretation of usage of words in Aussie context and American context, and Cassidy versions.

Once again a misunderstanding, and please stop being hostile with me, I'm not with you.

You ask a straight forward question and I will give you a straight forward answer.:)

LOL! And you accuse me of reading too much into what you said? Okay :thumbsup:

You are now on ignor.....:wave:

More prozac please!

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! And you accuse me of reading too much into what you said? Okay :thumbsup:

You are now on ignor.....:wave:

More prozac please!

Prozac in the mail to ya bro...I have extra after all those demon threads...:cool:

I am stocking up..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

Cassidy

To me in my Aussie talk, you are a Christian or a believer

I'm an Aussie too and I describe Christians as being 'born again. Only because you can get a self-proclaimed Christian...and one who is God proclaimed Christian....self-proclaimed Christians are the ones who say that they were baptised when they were kids...grew up in church....believe in A God (it's debatable if they believe in THE God) so that makes them a Chrisitan...in their eyes only.

A born again Christian is one who is actually a child of God...been born of water and of the spirit...and who are now new creations in Christ.

Also, would you kindly not speak about me like I'm some sort of 'concept' or 'version' please...that's so disrespectful!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I voted other.

'Repentance' is very rarely mentioned in a gospel message these days, but it was central in the bible.

Now he commands all people everywhere to repent {Acts 17:30}
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance {Matt 3:8}
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham {Luke 3:8}
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it {Isaiah 30:15}
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord {Acts 3:9}

Everyone is still going to sin sometime in ommission, or commission. But people still committing the same habitual sins over an extended period of time, that is not consistent with repentance.

Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. Or actually repent.

Sometimes struggling with a sin, it is better to confide in another believer. 'Confess your sin to one another', 'Bear one another's burden'. The worst thing is to let that sin fester! Get rid of the sin ASAP!

:)

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I voted other.

'Repentance' is very rarely mentioned in a gospel message these days, but it was central in the bible.

Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham {Luke 3:8}
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it {Isaiah 30:15}
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord {Acts 3:9}

Everyone is still going to sin sometime in ommission, or commission. But people still committing the same habitual sins over an extended period of time, that is not consistent with repentance.

Sometimes struggling with a sin, it is better to confide in another believer. 'Confess your sin to one another', 'Bear one another's burden'. The worst thing is to let that sin fester! Get rid of the sin ASAP!

Amen-2.gif

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

I voted other.

But see this is where there is a difference between the 'self-proclaimed' Christian and a 'Born again Christian'. A Born again Christian will repent...the Holy spirit will lead them unto repentence....and if it takes time...it will take time but they will eventually get there because of who they are. The other 'self-proclaimed' type christians may repent in their own strength so it's an empty repentence or they won't ever repent because they can't. They lact the ability.

Also...I don't really like the 'Get rid of the sin ASAP!' part of your post. This insinuates that those who still sin (which we all do) will not make it. It brings sin into the forfront as being the very thing that separates us from God even after Christ has bridged the gap.

Also we cannot 'get rid of' something that has already gone with Christ. It's gone. We are to renew our mind and live like it's gone - yes. We are to walk in the spirit and not the flesh - yes. This is perhaps what you mean...but I don't see sin as the enemy anymore...rather I see it as an inconvenience to my life in Christ...mainly because of the consequences in my life.

I think I know what you mean though...but yeh...sin is only a problem if you see it as a problem. God doesn't see it as a problem - not anymore anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Keeping short accounts with God is so important, as uncongessed sin in one's life will rob one of his vistory and growth, not to mention heavenly rewards!

Walking closely with God means that as soon as one steps across the line and sins, there is GODLY SORROW wrought by the Holy Spirit, and the desire for swift action to make things right with God is evidence of true repentance, and the right spirit in a man.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
2 Corinthians 7:9-11
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
2 Corinthians 7:9-11
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Walking closely with God means that as soon as one steps across the line and sins, there is GODLY SORROW wrought by the Holy Spirit, and the desire for swift action to make things right with God is evidence of true repentance, and the right spirit in a man.

It's a pity that you won't be able to see this...but I actually agree with you here 100%

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.