Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scripture tells me that when I ask forgiveness, He is the One who forgives me and then cleanses me from all unrighteousness.

So if God is the One who calls me clean - who am I to say anything opposite. The problem is that God takes our sins and casts them into the sea of forgetfulness and we are the ones who go fishing for them.

Reactions: WileyCoyote
Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
As I understand, the best translation of the concept of sin is missing the mark. Do I miss the mark? Very often, but at least I aim for it. I think I hit it at least a little more often than I used to. And I'm forgiven for missing it. :clap:

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am certainly not trying to push you down that type of road. What I am advocating is not where we always plead for forgiveness, but where we wash His feet with our tears and renewed with gratefulness at His merciese that are new every morning. quote]

Such deep sorrow is godly sorrow which leads to repentance and salvation. That moment has passed and I continue to be deeply grateful that when God looks at me He no longer sees a wretched sinner, but a cleansed son and not because of anything I could do on my own power but because of what He did.

I refuse to dishonor His work by claiming that I am anything other than the saint He made me to be.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Mark 7:20-23
And (Jesus) was saying, "That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy,slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."

I John 2:15, 16
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world.

Ps 32:1, Ro 4:7
How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered!

Ps 85:2
You forgave the iniquity of Your people; You covered all their sin. Selah.

Le 4:26, 35
Thus the priest shall make atonement for him in regard to his sin, and he will be forgiven.

Col 2:13-15
And you, being dead in the deviations and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all the deviations, blotting out the handwriting in the ordinances against us, which was contrary to us, even He has taken it out of the midst, nailing it to the cross; having stripped the rulers and the authorities, He made a show of them in public, triumphing over them in it.

Mt 6:12 (Jesus teaching how to pray)
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Mt 9:2, Mr 2:5, Lk 5:20
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven."

Mt 12:31
Therefore I (Jesus) say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people

How I see scriptures present forgiveness of sins:
The act of sin is still committed, but God made provisions for forgiveness of each sin. The ordinances against us for living as sinners was made null and void, not claiming a hold to us. But we still have the potential (or tendency) to sin.

The Old Testament examples above show that God was willing to forgive our sins then, and provided us ways that we could repent and be absolved of our debts to Him and to others. Jesus' sacrifice was once, for all, providing an ongoing way for absolution of debt/sin.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...since becoming a Christian?

In other words...do you still fall short of the glory of God in thought and deed as a born again believer?
In thought and deed?
Yes.
From the heart (spirit)?
No, I cannot if I wanted to.

If you are a Christian, you cannot either!

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another." (1 John 3:3-11)

Praise God that as long as we abide in Him, we cannot sin. ;)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wish mine was random. Normally, it's perfectly intentional and I know it. So when does that stage of Christianity come???

Same here and I believe same for every christian. There's alot of us who at times could give a rip and we do what we desire anyway. or we do what we think is right, regardless of what we know is right or what the word of God says.

Most christians have this idea that they have to constantly strive to become righteous and holy but we all fail at it. Alone, we aren't in a position to succeed in that because we are all living in corruptible bodies and our minds are programed to that corruptible body, the flesh, the world.

Paul said in Ephesians 4:22-24 to put off that old self that is corrupting you and put on the new self and transform your minds to it. Being a totally sin free person after being born again does not come automaticly. We have the job of putting off the old self and putting on the new, and this we have to do daily, as Jesus said we are to deny ourselves and pick up our crosses daily, this is what Jesus was talking about. That's not to say that there will be alot of days where you wont want to do that and simply wont. God knows this and expects it from you but that is why He wants to be the one in control, cause He knows only He can provide you the power to overcome and not let sin destroy your life.

There are consequence's for this sin but being a born again believer you should be comforted in knowing that He is at peace with you. His grace is sufficent. Your new born again spirit has been sealed by the Holy Spirit and your inheritence is kept secure. But we will never be without sin until the day when the corruptible is gone and the incorruptible has come, the resurrection.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Same here and I believe same for every christian. There's alot of us who at times could give a rip and we do what we desire anyway. or we do what we think is right, regardless of what we know is right or what the word of God says.

Most christians have this idea that they have to constantly strive to become righteous and holy but we all fail at it. Alone, we aren't in a position to succeed in that because we are all living in corruptible bodies and our minds are programed to that corruptible body, the flesh, the world.

Paul said in Ephesians 4:22-24 to put off that old self that is corrupting you and put on the new self and transform your minds to it. Being a totally sin free person after being born again does not come automaticly. We have the job of putting off the old self and putting on the new, and this we have to do daily, as Jesus said we are to deny ourselves and pick up our crosses daily, this is what Jesus was talking about. That's not to say that there will be alot of days where you wont want to do that and simply wont. God knows this and expects it from you but that is why He wants to be the one in control, cause He knows only He can provide you the power to overcome and not let sin destroy your life.

There are consequence's for this sin but being a born again believer you should be comforted in knowing that He is at peace with you. His grace is sufficent. Your new born again spirit has been sealed by the Holy Spirit and your inheritence is kept secure. But we will never be without sin until the day when the corruptible is gone and the incorruptible has come, the resurrection.

Yep Neph nice words mate: There are consequence's for this sin but being a born again believer you should be comforted in knowing that He is at peace with you. His grace is sufficent. Your new born again spirit has been sealed by the Holy Spirit and your inheritence is kept secure. But we will never be without sin until the day when the corruptible is gone and the incorruptible has come, the resurrection.

So true, but there are many you struggle with "blind" discipline, obedience, and faith; and they are the ones who are devoured by the "roaring lion", and not knowing that they have been seduced and deceived.

But, what about those “wayside” Christians who are so hardened that the seed of His Word will not penetrate their heart. They hear His Word, but have a shut down, and closed off their mind, and are not interested enough, they go to church, and they do not want to understand nor try to understand.

His Message has been snatched away from a: closed-minded attitude; carnal thoughts; double-mindedness; unbelief; disobedience; lack of discipline; rejection; and complete sin; that is possibly a result of pride and gross immorality, and they don’t want to change their life.

Are they “born again”, and do they need help?

But, what about those “stony” Christians who are shallow minded, whom run after anything that is new and different; who show all the “sensitive-seeking-feeling” attributes of a spirit-filled Christian with wild enthusiasm until they run up against difficulties, opposition, persecution, or requirements of obedience and discipline. There are so many enthusiastic Christians around, but are they well rooted in the “new birth”, and do they refuse to suffer?

They accept His Word, or respond to leadership, or consecration, or to holiness of life, but they haven’t really sat down to count the cost. The “seed” of His Word is not rooted in them, and they have not received that deep inner strength from good foundation.

But, what about those “thorny” Christians who has a surcharged heart and appear to receive the “seed”, but their life is: full of self-pleasures and cares; cluttered with time-consuming and soul-absorbing things, such as outside committee meetings and good deeds (even forums); and are too busy to pray. They have no time to read the Bible, and as they sit in church their mind wanders elsewhere.

Their pleasures have no spare time, no spare emotion, no spare energy, or spare a thought for our Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Word. Their weeds of self-pleasures and cares have choked out the “true seed”, and they are lukewarm.

But, what about the 30-fold Christian are described in 1 Cor. 3:15, “saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.” I guess they are half-hearted.

Are they ‘born again”?

But what about the 60-Fold Christian, who are also described in are also described in 1 Cor. 3:15, and they do bear fruit, but lack complete obedience and discipline.

Are they “born again”?

But what about the 100-Fold Christian who is completely dedicated, utterly surrendered soul, faith, and obedience and discipline is predominating in their life. However, this doesn’t mean sinless perfection. But, it does mean Spirit-filled and mature life.

SO I guess these are the true-blue, born again Christians that I hear many talk about on these forums? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
do I still sin

Depends on who you ask

If you ask me, I'd say yes because I remember every slip and fall

If you ask God, He would say no because He dropped them into the sea of forgetfulness and has no record.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So true, but there are many you struggle with "blind" discipline, obedience, and faith; and they are the ones who are devoured by the "roaring lion", and not knowing that they have been seduced and deceived.
Not all of them Elijah2, and being "devoured" is a vague term which can mean more than one thing.

But, what about those “wayside” Christians who are so hardened that the seed of His Word will not penetrate their heart. They hear His Word, but have a shut down, and closed off their mind, and are not interested enough, they go to church, and they do not want to understand nor try to understand.

Sounds to me you are talking about non-christians Elijah2, not born again christians.

Do born again christians harden their hearts because of sin, yes, sure they do, but unless they reject God's gift either in their mind or heart only God knows. We are not privy to that information. Just because you see a born again christian living a life style of sin does not mean they have lost their salvation, in fact, it is not for you to judge that.

We can judge their sins and say, that person is doing wrong and is in sin but we have no right to make the determination of their salvation.

His Message has been snatched away from a: closed-minded attitude; carnal thoughts; double-mindedness; unbelief; disobedience; lack of discipline; rejection; and complete sin; that is possibly a result of pride and gross immorality, and they don’t want to change their life.
Complete sin? as oppossed to incomplete sin? Do you know what you are saying here?

A born again christian who is like what you just discribed maybe in danger of rejecting God's gift but if they haven't rejected it yet, no sin is big enough to wipe it out, and no amount of sinning is enough to get rid of what God created in them.

Oh they need help alright, but you or I are not in the possition to judge their salvation.

But, what about those “stony” Christians who are shallow minded, whom run after anything that is new and different; who show all the “sensitive-seeking-feeling” attributes of a spirit-filled Christian with wild enthusiasm until they run up against difficulties, opposition, persecution, or requirements of obedience and discipline. There are so many enthusiastic Christians around, but are they well rooted in the “new birth”, and do they refuse to suffer?

Same anwer, they may need help but you or I are not in any possition to judge their salvation.

They accept His Word, or respond to leadership, or consecration, or to holiness of life, but they haven’t really sat down to count the cost. The “seed” of His Word is not rooted in them, and they have not received that deep inner strength from good foundation.

Sounds to me you are discribing about every born again christian without the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Same answer as before, they may need help but you or I are not in any possition to judge their salvation.

But, what about those “thorny” Christians who has a surcharged heart and appear to receive the “seed”, but their life is: full of self-pleasures and cares; cluttered with time-consuming and soul-absorbing things, such as outside committee meetings and good deeds (even forums); and are too busy to pray. They have no time to read the Bible, and as they sit in church their mind wanders elsewhere.

Their pleasures have no spare time, no spare emotion, no spare energy, or spare a thought for our Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Word. Their weeds of self-pleasures and cares have choked out the “true seed”, and they are lukewarm.

But, what about the 30-fold Christian are described in 1 Cor. 3:15, “saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.” I guess they are half-hearted.

Are they ‘born again”?

But what about the 60-Fold Christian, who are also described in are also described in 1 Cor. 3:15, and they do bear fruit, but lack complete obedience and discipline.

Are they “born again”?

But what about the 100-Fold Christian who is completely dedicated, utterly surrendered soul, faith, and obedience and discipline is predominating in their life. However, this doesn’t mean sinless perfection. But, it does mean Spirit-filled and mature life.

SO I guess these are the true-blue, born again Christians that I hear many talk about on these forums? :)
This is getting tiring, all of us christians need help Elijah2, even you and I, and you nor I are in any possition to judge others and their salvation.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Neph, once again you are reading into what I am saying. I never mentioned anything about SALVATION.

I explained what I see in most churches of such Christians.

I see a lot of struggling Christians who come under the wayside, stony, and thorny-type Christian, who are such because they haven't been FED or TENDED to by their church.

These same Christians I have come across continually in many churches. It's not tiring, it's sad that there are those Christians who are being either ignored, or pushed into the background, because they are of no value to the church, and are too hard to help. Those such Christians then slide out of the back door of those churches.

I've seen it far too much, I've see far too many Christians being "DEVOURED" by and GIVING PLACE to the DEVIL, through all wonderful practical, new age thinking practices. Yes, if you are not SOBER and VIGILANT, false teaching will DEVOUR you.

Haven't you come across these people in a church who are: closed-minded attitude; carnal thoughts; double-mindedness; unbelief; disobedience; lack of discipline; rejection; and complete sin; that is possibly a result of pride and gross immorality, and they don’t want to change their life?

When you offer help to a struggling Christian through Christian counselling, that’s not judging their salvation, where did you get that?

Not all Christians in a church have been baptised!

Neph you said: This is getting tiring, all of us christians need help Elijah2, even you and I, and you nor I are in any possition to judge others and their salvation.

Of course it’s tiring, when you see so many Christians who are struggling with the enemy, who need freedom and help, who ARE NOT being judged by other or of their SALVATION, as you assume.

It’s all about healing the broken-hearted, delivering them from evil, setting the captives free, healing their sicknesses, casting out demons, and most of all---raising the dead. That is what HELP is all about.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry Neph, once again you are reading into what I am saying. I never mentioned anything about SALVATION.

I explained what I see in most churches of such Christians.

I see a lot of struggling Christians who come under the wayside, stony, and thorny-type Christian, who are such because they haven't been FED or TENDED to by their church.

These same Christians I have come across continually in many churches. It's not tiring, it's sad that there are those Christians who are being either ignored, or pushed into the background, because they are of no value to the church, and are too hard to help. Those such Christians then slide out of the back door of those churches.

I've seen it far too much, I've see far too many Christians being "DEVOURED" by and GIVING PLACE to the DEVIL, through all wonderful practical, new age thinking practices. Yes, if you are not SOBER and VIGILANT, false teaching will DEVOUR you.

Haven't you come across these people in a church who are: closed-minded attitude; carnal thoughts; double-mindedness; unbelief; disobedience; lack of discipline; rejection; and complete sin; that is possibly a result of pride and gross immorality, and they don’t want to change their life?

When you offer help to a struggling Christian through Christian counselling, that’s not judging their salvation, where did you get that?

Not all Christians in a church have been baptised!

Neph you said: This is getting tiring, all of us christians need help Elijah2, even you and I, and you nor I are in any possition to judge others and their salvation.

Of course it’s tiring, when you see so many Christians who are struggling with the enemy, who need freedom and help, who ARE NOT being judged by other or of their SALVATION, as you assume.

It’s all about healing the broken-hearted, delivering them from evil, setting the captives free, healing their sicknesses, casting out demons, and most of all---raising the dead. That is what HELP is all about.

Bro, I love you,but you need to learn some spiritual optimism..:thumbsup:

If it is not sin,it is fear,or the devil..you are getting me depressed mate..

Tell us about victory...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fill in the blanks,use some scripture to teach about victory!

Hint: There is power in the cross..

scriptureFillinBlank.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeh it's probably why all the people he's come across feel so defeated and held captive when they need not feel that way.

I am starting to think that too cassidy. If I listened to him as my only source of male brotherhood I would need prozac.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
speaking of Romans. Here's some uplifting for my battered brothers and sisters...

Rom 8:37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.