Democratic mayors renew pleas for federal help and coordination with Texas over migrant crisis

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
“a buffer-zone state that is uniquely funded to accommodate new arrivals and to acclimate these folk for later assimilation into the nation.”
I find it hard to believe you can’t see the problem here but it’s hypocritical anyway.
It's just a silly, not-possibly going to happen, "proposal". No point in taking too seriously.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
“a buffer-zone state that is uniquely funded to accommodate new arrivals and to acclimate these folk for later assimilation into the nation.”
I find it hard to believe you can’t see the problem here but it’s hypocritical anyway.
If we can’t focus on the same (tired) old arguments, then opening new possibilities is off of the table, since we’re gong to be setting official United States policy right on this a-here discussion board!

There’s probably a whole shelf load of arguments as to why a buffer-zone is a bad idea; curiously none of the ones I thought of have to do with “race”, why would it be seen as “racist”

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we can’t focus on the same (tired) old arguments, then opening new possibilities is off of the table, since we’re gong to be setting official United States policy right on this a-here discussion board!

There’s probably a whole shelf load of arguments as to why a buffer-zone is a bad idea; curiously none of the ones I thought of have to do with “race”, why would it be seen as “racist”
If Trump suggested the same thing it would be called segregation and apartheid.

Upvote 0