Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
All I'm saying is that academics are a problem, and moving away from the "trans agenda" and the "attitude" you think gives rise to it will not necessarily fix academics.
Ok, that is why I brought up academics. That I would be interested in hearing. But the focus of this thread is not strictly, about that. Please, understand that I am not saying the trans agenda and the time taken for that is the cause. As I stated, Schools have been failing before this issue.
What I am saying is attitude, certainly could cause the stubbornness, to not fix it. Or, to not change direction when indicators of problems were developing.
I understand a teachers job is challenging. It has been so since before this issue was ever thought of. And Yes, I am sure Parents can be frustrating and over demanding. But not with social issues leave it alone.
However, even if schools were not failing academically, I don't want this socialization in school. It is inappropriate. And after seeing how it is being handled, I do not trust them as far as I can throw them. It has no place in school. I understand the rare gender dysphoria happens. And if it is enough of an issue, the counsellor can get involved. From there it should be parents contacted and let the parent deal with this disorder with outside help. Just like any other medical or psychological issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what, again ignoring the public spoken of in this thread.
You singled parents out from "community" in an attempt to single "parents" as distinct from that community, as if schools and employees and the community were one and the same. Then it was repeated again with a synonymous term of "tax payers" as if Parents were distinct from "Tax payers" as if Schools and employees were one and the same with the "tax payers". The Same is done with the synonymous term of "public" as if Parents were distinct from the "Public" and of course the "public schools" one and the same as the "public".

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I haven't made any comments in this thread about parents or community or taxpayers. My comments have been about the costs of running a school and the financial incentives surrounding vouchers.

Now.....it is complaints about me again. As I said you can't reason with those that refuse to.

Hold on. You started this by complaining about me. You said that I was "dismissing those who disagree with you," "Rejecting out of hand peoples concerns," engaging in "Moral and intellectual superiority," and "trivializing atrociousness."

I turned that around by pointing out that you're guilty of many of the charges you've levied against me and others. Remember - you called me a liar for correctly identifying an error in your numbers. I read the number you gave, took it with all the serious that it was intended, thought it sounded extremely low and -surprise- I was right. When I responded, you didn't read it, consider it, and identify the problem. You just called me a liar. That is you not reasoning.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think you have me confused with somebody else. I haven't made any comments in this thread about parents or community or taxpayers. My comments have been about the costs of running a school and the financial incentives surrounding vouchers.

Hold on. You started this by complaining about me. You said that I was "dismissing those who disagree with you," "Rejecting out of hand peoples concerns," engaging in "Moral and intellectual superiority," and "trivializing atrociousness."

I turned that around by pointing out that you're guilty of many of the charges you've levied against me and others. Remember - you called me a liar for correctly identifying an error in your numbers. I read the number you gave, took it with all the serious that it was intended, thought it sounded extremely low and -surprise- I was right. When I responded, you didn't read it, consider it, and identify the problem. You just called me a liar. That is you not reasoning.
You are the one which spoke about money for schools. As if they did not belong to tax payers. More space would need to be found to leave Public schools. I told you NO NO. We are not adding children, we are moving children. There is no need for more space as if that space is off limits if we leave. So yes, you were the one speaking in the context of tax dollars.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are the one which spoke about money for schools.

I spoke about how much it costs to run a school and what the incentives surrounding vouchers are.
As if they did not belong to tax payers.

I honestly have no idea where you’re getting this. Please quote or link to my previous comments that would suggest such a thing, or I’ll conclude that you have me confused with somebody else.

More space would need to be found to leave Public schools. I told you NO NO. We are not adding children, we are moving children. There is no need for more space as if that space is off limits if we leave.
I’m sorry, but that’s absurd. That’s not how any of this works. New schools don’t just immediately pop up in unused public school classrooms. That can happen in some isolated cases, but not in the way you’re imagining. Typically, new schools have to be established first before you can move kids into them.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I spoke about how much it costs to run a school and what the incentives surrounding vouchers are.

I honestly have no idea where you’re getting this. Please quote or link to my previous comments that would suggest such a thing, or I’ll conclude that you have me confused with somebody else.

I’m sorry, but that’s absurd. That’s not how any of this works. New schools don’t just immediately pop up in unused public school classrooms. That can happen in some isolated cases, but not in the way you’re imagining. Typically, new schools have to be established first before you can move kids into them.
New schools do not need to pop up. There is no need for more space. Tax payers already pay for that space. We discussed this. Just like this....two public schools
1. 1000 students 500 do not want current education, we want something else.
2. 1000 students 500 do not want current education, we want something new
500 from school one simply go to school two
500 from school 2 simply go to school one.
No more space needed......It is space for public education that the tax payers pay for.....
The same goes for public transportation.
We are moving children around by choice into the spaces already available to the public.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
New schools do not need to pop up. There is no need for more space. Tax payers already pay for that space. We discussed this. Just like this....two public schools
1. 1000 students 500 do not want current education, we want something else.
2. 1000 students 500 do not want current education, we want something new
500 from school one simply go to school two
500 from school 2 simply go to school one.
No more space needed......It is space for public education that the tax payers pay for.....
The same goes for public transportation.
We are moving children around by choice into the spaces already available to the public.
So you want to segregate existing schools into voucher and non-voucher sections. OK.
You would establish your own curriculum. OK
You would hire your own teachers and administrators. OK
The only difference between one part of the school and the other that I can see is that you would be running a section of the public school without oversight by the local school board and the state department of education.
Is that what you wanted all along, is freedom from that oversight?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Schools have always had a social agenda. Socializing children has always been a part of their responsibility, acting in loco parentis for a large part of the childrens' lives. It's a real and important part of basic education and it always has been.
Yeah, but you see, they're teaching facts which run counter to what we wish were true based on what right wing propaganda is telling us, hence they're obviously activists with an agenda.

• Winner
Reactions: BCP1928
Upvote 0