California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's everyone's opinion? Do you think it's okay to use or not? And is it biblical or not? I just want to see everyones thoughts. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it under the right circumstances but I don't use it. I feel like the risks are really bad for my body so I just use NFP.

cowboysfan1970

Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2008
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one that thinks this but I'm not so sure it's a good thing. People say that the Bible doesn't condemn it but there are a lot of things that we know are wrong that the Bible doesn't directly come out and condemn either. We know it through context. Most people would think that insider trading is wrong but the Bible never goes into it. We know that taking drugs is wrong but the Bible doesn't go into that either. We know that through context of other scriptures. We know that barrenness is considered to be a curse and now people want to make themselves intentionally barren. We know that children are a blessing from God but now people see them as a burden. We've become so turned around on so many things. It's like we've adopted the world's ideas because they are popular and easier. Just because something is popular doesn't make it right. We try to find loop holes to justify things instead of taking the path less traveled. When you look through the Bible you just can't find anything that comes anywhere close to justifying birth control. Maybe the biggest strike against it is the word "control." We are telling God that we know what's best and not Him. When you look at it birth control is usually practiced out of fear. Fear of pregnancy or fear of pregnancy at the wrong time. Fear is contrary to Faith and not trusting in God. We can't use individual conscience as a loop hole to justify a disobedient attitude.

Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well God gave us sex as a beautiful gift to be enjoyed by a married man and woman. It seems rather absurd to believe that we must have children if we wish to have sex. What about those out there who are struggling to even take care of themselves in this decrepit economy, let alone children? Should married couples who do not wish to have children, or say more than one, be prohibited from having sex? God forbid!

Birth control is not wrong at all, sex outside of a committed marriage is. I see this whole birth control thing as an irrelevant and distracting issue.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟435,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's everyone's opinion? Do you think it's okay to use or not? And is it biblical or not? I just want to see everyones thoughts. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it under the right circumstances but I don't use it. I feel like the risks are really bad for my body so I just use NFP.

I think, like many things, it comes down to the personal convictions and preferences of the person in question. My wife would like to use some form of it, but she's found that her body is very sensitive to the extra hormones that birth control introduces and it tends to have adverse behavioral effects so we refer to alternatives.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2012
Chicago
✟8,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't believe it's wrong, although because I have Catholic roots I would prefer Natural Family Planning. That and I believe in God's time and all of that.

However, because of medical issues, I've been on the pill since I was about 11, and it has helped me out a lot. I hope to someday be without it though.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟669,619.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't have Catholic roots but Roman Catholic teaching on fertility seems to be a complete mess. Since the priests and Bishops aren't married, they are not much affected by their own teaching.

The RCC teaches that contraception is a sin, even for properly married couples, but abortion is a much greater sin. To the RCC, trying to avoid major sin is still a sin.

The RCC allows "Natural Family Planning," or what they used to call the rhythm method. Some have pointed out that NFP seeks exactly the same end that others seek using contraceptive devices. In both cases the goal is to have sex without getting pregnant.

Upvote 0

Mock

May 25, 2012
✟7,670.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's a touchy topic, I personally in my opinion kind of think it's wrong. I am not married but I do have a girlfriend and we do not have pre-marriageable sex. We have before in the past about nearly 2 years now and I know I have made a huge mistake and was drawed away from God literally still while going to church anyways. I just wanted to be honest about that. Anyway she takes birth control because she has long times where she does not have periods for along time or irregular periods and this was actually getting bad for her body the doctor says and supposedly birth control helps this. I am not sure in health situations if it's still good. We both discuss this and are concerned if it is wrong or not. It's hard to say if condoms are right either, but yes it seems hard to believe you must have a kid every time you have sex but this is really something I cannot answer. Praying must be the only answer asking God if this is right for you and your situation.

Upvote 0