is it sinful to use a computer which has played sinful content, phone or even going to a market where the music lyrics are possbily blasphemic??

Sofiahh

Aug 19, 2022
San Antonio
✟20,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! I neeeeed help!! I can't seem to use a computer which I know has played sinful music, has had sinful content shown on it even accidentally. My conscience is still weak and I'm having such a hard time finding Bible verses to make my conscience stronger.. I know we are in the world and are supposed not to be part of it, and therefore should be a light for others such as those on the internet to teach them Truth. I know the computer is a tool which can be used for good and bad, but I don't want to use an object which may have been affected because of the sinful content it has appeared on it...unless it is The Bible which offers correction on such topics. I don't want to think I'm being an accomplice for using a tool which already has possibly had content show up that was offensive to God. This also applies to real life ... Can a place where there was possibly blasphemic music towards God like a market be a place for a Christian not to CONSUME from, make business with etc? or a clothing store etc? One thing is to consume from a market where meat was offered to idols who are not even real, but I feel like it's a totally different topic to go to a market where the ambiance is putting music with possibly blasphemic lyrics... is the place a safe place to go/is it affected even after it no longer plays such music? I would love some Biblical verses to understand these topics happening around my weak conscience... I can't even use a computer to do my work, use my phone to text back somebody or go to a market/store where, unless I'm unaware of what happened before. That why now I'm at a paper shop typing on a computer... Please help me with Biblical knowledge on these topics...My family doesn't even want to help.

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.

If that were the case you could never drive a used car, play a used instrument, or live in a previously owned or rented dwelling. In point of fact, one of the core constructs in Christianity is that of restoration. Christ did not come to save the righteous (there are none). He came to save sinners. Doing so, he was redeemed and restored billions of human "computers" and made them his own. What you do with the new used computer is up to you so follow the word of God and the Holy Spirit and put it to Godly use.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi! I neeeeed help!! I can't seem to use a computer which I know has played sinful music, has had sinful content shown on it even accidentally. My conscience is still weak and I'm having such a hard time finding Bible verses to make my conscience stronger.. I know we are in the world and are supposed not to be part of it, and therefore should be a light for others such as those on the internet to teach them Truth. I know the computer is a tool which can be used for good and bad, but I don't want to use an object which may have been affected because of the sinful content it has appeared on it...unless it is The Bible which offers correction on such topics. I don't want to think I'm being an accomplice for using a tool which already has possibly had content show up that was offensive to God. This also applies to real life ... Can a place where there was possibly blasphemic music towards God like a market be a place for a Christian not to CONSUME from, make business with etc? or a clothing store etc? One thing is to consume from a market where meat was offered to idols who are not even real, but I feel like it's a totally different topic to go to a market where the ambiance is putting music with possibly blasphemic lyrics... is the place a safe place to go/is it affected even after it no longer plays such music? I would love some Biblical verses to understand these topics happening around my weak conscience... I can't even use a computer to do my work, use my phone to text back somebody or go to a market/store where, unless I'm unaware of what happened before. That why now I'm at a paper shop typing on a computer... Please help me with Biblical knowledge on these topics...My family doesn't even want to help.
No.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s possible to have an over developed conscience. You have to go to the store. They are all the same. Maybe you can’t buy a new computer financially. In its memory it could have some surprises, bugs, shortcuts. But if you are not made of money you can still live a pure life. God has given us tools to endure that imperfect life around us. But if you don’t want to mess with your conscience you can Chuck those computers and grow your own food, be private, and have no input from the world. Not trying to be discouraging. I don’t have a problem with inputs from this computer. You want to be perfect, go for it. Have a ducks back.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's possible but it's hard to catch everything in this fallen world. Blessings

Upvote 0