Arby's fires manager, suspends employee who refused to serve police officer

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Probably the same way they take anyone who fights for a belief that's not their own...

So, you are saying the police should become a protected class like religion and sexual orientation? Then how is the political left going to support Black Lives Matter marches with protest signs akin to "fry the pigs"?

Then again the left supported the German Nazi regime with similar views of "fry the Jews."

What does a married Sandusky and Fogel--who were not denied the right to marry even though they could be described as "pedo-sexual," as homosexual men married to women have never been denied the right to marry--have to do with gay marriage? Probably about as much as your cop contrast and comparison statement has to do with gay marriage or declining to bake wedding cakes for engaged gay couples.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So, you are saying the police should become a protected class like religion and sexual orientation?

Not at all... noting that police are already a protected class, insofar as killing one is more likely to merit a death penalty.

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife works in a restaurant and any police officer on duty is required to pay for coffee while on duty according to the Chief, so the owner only charges them the cost of the coffee plus the cup. We won't discuss the price, but it is low...they are paying for it though and not breaking policy.

They wait in line like everybody else unlike what I saw happen at a Dunkin Donuts in a nearby town where a cashier was taking regulars that she knew by name and skipping those she did not. Many of us spoke up and then walked out. There was a police officer standing there in line with us. I invited him over to the church with a few of the customers and I told them that I would brew them some coffee if they had the time. Some of them took me up on it including the officer who was on patrol. I called the Pastor before leaving there and told him there was about six of us heading that way. This did not speak well for Dunkin Donuts on oh so many levels. But it shows that our doors at the church are always open.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dunno - sounds like a case of First Amendment free speech and expression. Of course the company has their own freedom of expression in firing them as well.

Upvote 0