Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
One does not need to order with a person anymore (if they don't want to). I would have just ordered via the board if they refused to service me, or I would have went down the street to another McDonald's.
Can you possibly be serious? So anyone with a badge should take care not to speak to an employee like most people do...but accept their place like using the "Colored Only" restrooms of old?

"Just know your place and you'll probably get served without incident."

:destroyed:

• Winner
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And I was referring to the general situation of a couple of EMS going to a fast food place.

I am with RDKirk - there seems to be a LOT missing from this story.

i was referring to the EMS individuals who were told to get out.

What perhaps is missing from the story, is why this ex-employee was convinced he had the right to:

-tell these EMS persons to get out....
-tell police officers to get out of a place of business that served food, that he does not own, etc.
-for all intents and purposes, think that the only thing he did wrong was "mistake" them for police, otherwise it would've been ok.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I doubt there was a history of it from this person, police or fire and EMS are not shy about making noise when they are disrespected - nor should anyone be quiet about this kind of issue if it happens to them.

The bottom line would seem to be that McDonald's promptly did the right thing. I doubt very much that they had tolerated this sort of thing in that employee before, so what the company did was about all that it could do.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I doubt there was a history of it from this person, police or fire and EMS are not shy about making noise when they are disrespected - nor should anyone be quiet about this kind of issue if it happens to them.

Doubtful the only one there are the time, but certainly possible the only one at the front registers. I have been there when there is only one person on the registers at the time.
i agree. Thank you.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What perhaps is missing from the story, is why this ex-employee was convinced he had the right to:

-tell police officers to get out of a place of business that served food, that he does not own, etc.
-for all intents and purposes, think that the only thing he did wrong was "mistake" them for police, otherwise it would've been ok.

Racism, classism, xyz-phobic people are not logical. Poor management is part of the equation, but a bad individual is the answer.

The "mistake for police" is my assumption, no one has posited that officially as far as I have seen.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Racism, classism, xyz-phobic people are not logical. Poor management is part of the equation, but a bad individual is the answer.

The "mistake for police" is my assumption, no one has posited that officially as far as I have seen.
Racism, classism, xyzphoibic people are not logical
What has this got to do with the subject at hand?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What's missing from the story is what any other employees were doing, where the manager was, and if the EMS looked to anyone else or both of them simply said, "Okay" and left to put it on social media.

In the various times I managed people (in and out of the military) I would certainly have appreciated any customer coming to me so that I could quash problems like that immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What has this got to do with the subject at hand?
You asked the question:
"What perhaps is missing from the story, is why this ex-employee was convinced he had the right to:

-for all intents and purposes, think that the only thing he did wrong was "mistake" them for police, otherwise it would've been ok."

That is my personal answer/opinion. You seem to be implying that there is more behind this, I am saying that I do not think there is, that this is a person that is not logical and is probably acting on their own authority, which they really had none.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's missing from the story is what any other employees were doing, where the manager was, and if the EMS looked to anyone else or both of them simply said, "Okay" and left to put it on social media.

In the various times I managed people (in and out of the military) I would certainly have appreciated any customer coming to me so that I could quash problems like that immediately.

It seems they just left and the next day put it on social media. He has since erased it from the group I am in.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

i agree about seeing management if there is an employee that lacks and/or disdains the most basic of customer service demeanor/skills, which would include telling a paying customer to get out.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You asked the question:
"What perhaps is missing from the story, is why this ex-employee was convinced he had the right to:

-for all intents and purposes, think that the only thing he did wrong was "mistake" them for police, otherwise it would've been ok."

That is my personal answer/opinion. You seem to be implying that there is more behind this, I am saying that I do not think there is, that this is a person that is not logical and is probably acting on their own authority, which they really had none.
this is a person that is not logical and is probably acting on their own authority, which they really had none.
i agree.

However, the labels thrown in there kinda' muddled yer point.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you possibly be serious? So anyone with a badge should take care not to speak to an employee like most people do...but accept their place like using the "Colored Only" restrooms of old?

"Just know your place and you'll probably get served without incident."

:destroyed:

Well, there is going to be a Judgment. Nobody is going to get away with anything. Granted, this type of wrong action condemns a person usually itself (in most cases, like in this one). But I am not condoning their wrong actions. All I am saying is what I would strive to do. My goal would be to get the service I desired but to not create an incident of where I feel justice needs to be served (by my reporting their wrongful actions). We are to do good towards our enemies if they do something bad towards us.

Maybe they were recently abused by someone in uniform, or they had something bad happen in their life and they blame people who are in uniform. They need the love of Jesus Christ and not our showing of executing justice.

Jesus can change their life so that they would not want to act in such a way anymore. My seeking to get even or to take offense, when I was once an offense to God before coming to Christ is to undo what God desires for all mankind. The gift. It can be given to this person to stop their wrong actions, and to lead them to apologize about their bad behavior and sincerely mean it (with a broken heart not just before men, but before God).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most of the McDonalds in the area do, but some do not or only have one terminal. I often find it quicker to just speak with an employee instead if they are not busy. If it were me that was refused service I would probably not use a terminal...but I would have asked for a manager.

I understand. I am just telling you what I would strive to do in that situation. My goal would be to try and reach them with the love of Christ, and not to be offended. I can easily go to another restaurant down the street. My goal would be to love them despite any bad they did towards me.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Doubtful the only one there are the time, but certainly possible the only one at the front registers. I have been there when there is only one person on the registers at the time.

Well to be honest where concerns food, if I'm refused service by 1 individual and asked to leave, I would never trust what came out of the kitchen if I forced the issue then and there..

I would have left and then made the complaint later as well.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well to be honest where concerns food, if I'm refused service by 1 individual and asked to leave, I would never trust what came out of the kitchen if I forced the issue then and there..

I would have left and then made the complaint later as well.
That would not be unreasonable, I can see what you mean. In this case I think it would be OK though as presumably the manager would be there, and the "kitchen" area is visible mostly from the ordering area as it is. But I see what you mean and do not necessarily disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
McDonald's employee fired for allegedly refusing to serve paramedics, or 'anyone with a badge'
An employee at a McDonald's restaurant in Florida has been fired after reportedly refusing to serve a pair of paramedics, allegedly over the worker’s reluctance to serve “anyone with a badge.”

“We are aware of the unfortunate incident that took place at one of our restaurants last night,” wrote Casper’s Company, a McDonald’s franchisee operating over 60 restaurants in Florida, in a Facebook post earlier this month. “We, like you, were upset and disappointed and took immediate action. The employee has been terminated.”

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Some of these probably also
working at Google I hear?
M-Bob

I guess he was not a boy scout.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dude had a run in with some badge/badges, maybe, and to bring something like this on, may have been treated horribly unfairly by the badge...we all know it happens. Unfortunately this is what happens when we kind of lose it (if I am correct), and don't deal well with certain traumas in out life. Then there is the real possibility he was dealing with it just the way he intended to, and was willing to lose his job for the cause.

Where were his fellow employees while this was happening? No one thought to say "Bad idea, man."?

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0