Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The police department should boycott Arby's.

That's outrageous.

Isn't that a little drastic? It wasn't like the actual corporation authorized this..

Reactions: pakicetus
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Welp the Daily Caller said it, I guess it must be true.
Noting that the incident itself has been in the news for 24 hours or so. The Daily Caller was merely reporting the latest development in the story ... the firing of the manager and suspension of the employee.

Where have you been getting your news, btw, that you missed this incident? :scratch:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Distorted propaganda about the police? I don't think so. I don't trust the police any further than I can throw a great big boulder.

I may not have served the police officer either, but I would have made an excuse of being sick or something and had someone else step into my place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
10153692_10204375166116703_1261904094920719326_n.jpg

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,007.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Noting that the incident itself has been in the news for 24 hours or so. The Daily Caller was merely reporting the latest development in the story ... the firing of the manager and suspension of the employee.
Wow, it's apparently true. Obviously nobody should be refused service just because they're a cop.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Distorted propaganda about the police? I don't think so. I don't trust the police any further than I can throw a great big boulder.

I may not have served the police officer either, but I would have made an excuse of being sick or something and had someone else step into my place.
As a server/employee, one does not have the authority to refuse service to someone simply for being an officer (or any other reason). There is simply no justification.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
As a server/employee, one does not have the authority to refuse service to someone simply for being an officer (or any other reason). There is simply no justification.

Respectfully, it may not have been justified in the eyes of the employer, but if it had been me, as an employee, it would be a much different story.

If I had been in a situation like that, I would have tried to make up an excuse beforehand if I saw the police officer headed to my register.

I have my reasons and I will not discuss them. I know other people will not agree with me on this, but nonetheless, it is how I feel about the police.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully, it may not have been justified in the eyes of the employer, but if it had been me, as an employee, it would be a much different story.

If I had been in a situation like that, I would have tried to make up an excuse beforehand if I saw the police officer headed to my register.

I have my reasons and I will not discuss them. I know other people will not agree with me on this, but nonetheless, it is how I feel about the police.
And, had I been your boss, I'd can you in a New York minute. If you can't deal with the public, you need not work with the public.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I don't, so that's that, and the end of my involvement in this thread.
If I sounded overly harsh, that was not my intention. I am sure you have legitimate cop issues. But those don't override your duty as an employee.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
If I sounded overly harsh, that was not my intention. I am sure you have legitimate cop issues. But those don't override your duty as an employee.

I know I said my previous post was my exit out of the thread, but since you are being nice now, I thought I would respond to your post. Yes, I have legitimate issues with the police and it could have conflicted with my previous employment in the past, but fortunately for me, it did not. I have not worked outside of the home for over 20 years, so fortunately I no longer have to deal with situations possibly occurring such as the one described in the original post. I do not, under any circumstances, trust the police.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Isn't that a little drastic? It wasn't like the actual corporation authorized this..

Refusing service to police officers or in any way compromising police officers food and beverage are inexcusable. At least at the level of a business that is part of a larger corporation heavily dependent on public image.

Out of due process in the corporate world I'd have an internal investigation--however short or long--and if it is found true that one or more police officers were denied (or treated beneath company standards for service) service I'd terminate the employee and likely the manager too.

But I did find some irony--and possibly hypocrisy--in the spokesman of the police fraternal order or union that spoke and called for public and police boycott of Arby's until the immediate termination of the employee (indicating a by-pass and suspension of internal due process in the corporation itself in favor of public and police outcry).

#1. Said spokesperson didn't seem to bring up the standard police rhetoric when one or more cops unlawfully kill or violate a civilians civil rights. That rhetoric being: don't blame all cops or the corporation known as the police officer due to "one cop."

Yet, said spokesperson is blaming Arby's as a whole and from one employee out of how many across the USA? he is suggesting said employee typifies not *minority* of employees or citizens but is reflective of a larger systemic problem in not only Arby's but in civilian households in general.

#2. The cops always--and rightfully so I would say--demand due process internally in the corporation of the police force. Just because a citizen complains a cop is not denied due process and fired. And they request citizens do not "boycott" the police force--even if cops rape and or murder your daughter.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

People act like all cops do is come harass people over minor things like parking tickets (although, they kind of so that too, and you can run into a charitable cop when running out to your car in the knick of time, or a real pri...). But we forget that if our child comes up missing, last spotted being snatched into some man's car, it's the police we call to try and rescue our child.

Also... sociology has its own jargon. The terms "group" and "category" are not one and the same. The term "group" indicates people that interact with one another, they *know* one another. The term "category" indicates people that *do not know each other* but share common characteristics.

So, Black-Americans all in the USA are not a group (but a few Black-Americans that know each other and hang out together are), they are a category.

Other categories are women, Muslims, Amerindians, whites, Christians, men, police, Catholic priests and so on.

If a man has had problems with lots of women is he justified in denying women services or being prejudiced against them and not liking them?

What if some white person has frequently been harassed or beaten up by Amerindian people?

Upvote 0