Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
McDonald's employee fired for allegedly refusing to serve paramedics, or 'anyone with a badge'
An employee at a McDonald's restaurant in Florida has been fired after reportedly refusing to serve a pair of paramedics, allegedly over the worker’s reluctance to serve “anyone with a badge.”

“We are aware of the unfortunate incident that took place at one of our restaurants last night,” wrote Casper’s Company, a McDonald’s franchisee operating over 60 restaurants in Florida, in a Facebook post earlier this month. “We, like you, were upset and disappointed and took immediate action. The employee has been terminated.”

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Some of these probably also
working at Google I hear?
M-Bob

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been to this restaurant many times, it is close to where I live and my family vacations. I am acquainted with the person it happened to and heard the story direct from him via a group we are both a part of on Facebook. Basically they went in, were refused service and left, I do not believe they asked for a manager. I believe the employee did not realize they were not police - they were ignorant of the difference in uniforms. They are not even city/county/stat employees, Sunstar is a private ambulance company.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been to this restaurant many times, it is close to where I live and my family vacations. I am acquainted with the person it happened to and heard the story direct from him via a group we are both a part of on Facebook. Basically they went in, were refused service and left, I do not believe they asked for a manager. I believe the employee did not realize they were not police - they were ignorant of the difference in uniforms. They are not even city/county/stat employees, Sunstar is a private ambulance company.

Are you saying the ex-employee, in essence, was saying "My bad, i thought they were police"....as if the standard practice of this ex-employee was to refuse service to police officers, and that's ok?

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty sure one of the main requirements for working at a food service establishment is understanding the obligation to serve food.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about in Florida, but in the state where I live, McDonald's has those computer boards that you can place your order now. One does not need to order with a person anymore (if they don't want to). I would have just ordered via the board if they refused to service me, or I would have went down the street to another McDonald's. Granted, it was not good they refused service like this. They obviously need the Lord in their life to overcome whatever challenge they are facing involving folks with a badge.

We should pray for this person who was terminated.

• Agree
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We should pray for this person who was terminated.

I don't know. My prayer list is pretty long. Praying (more than once, anyway) for someone who lost their job for refusing to do their job......

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying the ex-employee, in essence, was saying "My bad, i thought they were police"....as if the standard practice of this ex-employee was to refuse service to police officers, and that's ok?

No, just that the employee in question would have refused to police, but not the whole restaurant. Caspers (the owner of the franchise) is actually a great company that puts a lot of money towards charity in the area.

I don't know about in Florida, but in the state where I live, McDonald's has those computer boards that you can place your order now. One does not need to order with a person anymore (if they don't want to).
Most of the McDonalds in the area do, but some do not or only have one terminal. I often find it quicker to just speak with an employee instead if they are not busy. If it were me that was refused service I would probably not use a terminal...but I would have asked for a manager.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, just that the employee in question would have refused to police, but not the whole restaurant. Caspers (the owner of the franchise) is actually a great company that puts a lot of money towards charity in the area.

Most of the McDonalds in the area do, but some do not or only have one terminal. I often find it quicker to just speak with an employee instead if they are not busy. If it were me that was refused service I would probably not use a terminal...but I would have asked for a manager.
No, just that the employee in question would have refused to police
And this ex-employee thought he had a RIGHT to refuse police, and perhaps had a history of doing this, and it was ok? And he just NOW got fired?

• Haha
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A paramedic. EMS. From what I heard on a tv show following first responders, EMS stands for "Eat More Sandwiches." IOW they were in the right place.

• Haha
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The story keeps saying "the employee," though, which makes me wonder what the real dynamics of the incident were.
Me too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A paramedic. EMS. From what I heard on a tv show following first responders, EMS stands for "Eat More Sandwiches." IOW they were in the right place.
EMS stands for "Eat More Sandwiches." IOW they were in the right place.
Apparently not. They were told to get out.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently not. They were told to get out.
by one employee, who has been fired.

Was s/he the only person working there at the time?

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i was referring to that one employee.
And I was referring to the general situation of a couple of EMS going to a fast food place.

I am with RDKirk - there seems to be a LOT missing from this story.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And this ex-employee thought he had a RIGHT to refuse police, and perhaps had a history of doing this, and it was ok? And he just NOW got fired?

I doubt there was a history of it from this person, police or fire and EMS are not shy about making noise when they are disrespected - nor should anyone be quiet about this kind of issue if it happens to them.

by one employee, who has been fired.

Was s/he the only person working there at the time?

Doubtful the only one there are the time, but certainly possible the only one at the front registers. I have been there when there is only one person on the registers at the time.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0