Amil Theory/Preterist theory

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Might as well tear the book of Hebrews out of your Bible then Vrba.

Jesus, while speaking exclusively to JEWS, said this:
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Just like all Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, Hindus, Wiccans, New Agers, etc....

Any Human who dies without accepting Christ doesn't make it to the Bonus round.

Your cockamamie theory that Christianity is the redemptive path for Gentiles ONLY is demonstrably false.

The Christian Church is JEWISH, with Gentiles grafted in.

Christianity is Judaism gone global.

Tell me parousia, what did Jesus mean when he said "No one comes to the father but by me"

Id like to hear your understanding of this verse, because it sets the precedence for your beliefs.

According to catholics, if you mess up in this life, you get a second chance in purgatory, honesty, I think that's absurd and not biblical at all..

But tell me what you think Christ meant by that verse..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show us the scripture supporting this claim.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

A true Jew is one with reverence to God the father.

The Jews worship God to this day..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

A true Jew is one with reverence to God the father.

The Jews worship God to this day..

How does this scripture show that Judaism is not something you can convert to - that it is only genetic...

This scripture actually disproves your claim.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me parousia, what did Jesus mean when he said "No one comes to the father but by me"

Id like to hear your understanding of this verse, because it sets the precedence for your beliefs.

I think you mean precedent, but Sure. it means what it says, plain and simple.

No one comes to the father except through Christ.

you are either In Adam, already condemned whether you sin or not , no matter what your genetic makeup is, or you are in Christ, saved even though you sin, no matter your genes.

What do you think it means... apparently you think it applies only to Gentiles?

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does this scripture show that Judaism is not something you can convert to - that it is only genetic...

This scripture actually disproves your claim.

Because you cant change what you are, which is a gentile.. Gentiles have been given the promise of Christ.

They are not Jews.

It makes no sense..

The Jews on the other hand are blinded, they don't teach Christ or the Gospel, they do however worship God the father, who is Jesus Christ.

Im not of the mind that God is not a fair God, or a loving God.. Those who call on him will he receive..

Jesus Christ is God.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you mean precedent, but Sure. it means what it says, plain and simple.

No one comes to the father except through Christ.

you are either In Adam, already condemned whether you sin or not , no matter what your genetic makeup is, or you are in Christ, saved even though you sin, no matter your genes.

What do you think it means... apparently you think it applies only to Gentiles?

What did Christ come to teach? What did Christ do himself through his ministry?

What example did Christ set?

These are how we are to be measured, and Christ is that measure.

All are judged according to what Christ did, he was perfect, sinless..

Many people die without knowing Chirst, but Its beyond me to assume what God has done with those people, after all, many people are simply not afforded the opportunity, but I don't believe personally that means God condemns them, that's between God and them.

By your logic, infants go to hell when they die.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you cant change what you are, which is a gentile.. Gentiles have been given the promise of Christ.

Which was Given to and accepted by Jews FIRST.... over 5000 in one day alone!

The Jews on the other hand are blinded, they don't teach Christ or the Gospel,

Just like the Muslims, Hindus, Zorastrians, Native Americans, Buddhists, etc...

they do however worship God the father, who is Jesus Christ.

Your circular conundrum is biting you....

Jews reject Christ AND worship Christ at the same time?

Sounds more like the Mormons to me.....

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which was Given to and accepted by Jews FIRST.... over 5000 in one day alone!

Just like the Muslims, Hindus, Zorastrians, Native Americans, Buddhists, etc...

Your circular conundrum is biting you....

Jews reject Christ AND worship Christ at the same time?

Sounds more like the Mormons to me.....

The Jews reject Jesus Christs testimony.

Here is the why.

Rom_11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Of course, if you believe that the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, as I do not, then I can see why you believe what you do.

Im not of the mind the fullness of the gentiles has come in.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you cant change what you are, which is a gentile..

How much Jewish Blood needs to be flowing in my veins for me to be a Jew?

And what of Ruth? King David's Gentile great Grandmother?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jews reject Jesus Christs testimony.

Here is the why.

Rom_11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Of course, if you believe that the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, as I do not, then I can see why you believe what you do.

Glad you at least understand... I don't really care if you agree or not, but it's nice to know that you accept the logic.

Im not of the mind the fullness of the gentiles has come in.

Well, Whether the fulness of the gentiles has come is not dependent on you being of the mind it has.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
When did 2Th 2:4 happen?

Technically back in Lk.21:24, ie, 70 A.D. noting "Sanctuary" and not the "Temple" (ieron) in IIThess.2:4.

All one has to do is look within one's heart, and see who is actually dwelling within this moment, ie, not in some future "Temple" myth? :confused:

Old Jack looking within.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Technically back in Lk.21:24, ie, 70 A.D. noting "Sanctuary" and not the "Temple" (ieron) in IIThess.2:4.

All one has to do is look within one's heart, and see who is actually dwelling within this moment, ie, not in some future "Temple" myth? :confused:

Old Jack looking within.

If the Jews build a temple, as they plan to do, it will be far from "myth".

So your understanding is that a man stood in the temple in 70ad and declared himself God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What did Christ come to teach? What did Christ do himself through his ministry?

What example did Christ set?

These are how we are to be measured, and Christ is that measure.

We are to use the Scriptures as our measuring rule, correct?

All are judged according to what Christ did, he was perfect, sinless..

I thought we were judged according to our works on the last day?

Many people die without knowing Chirst, but Its beyond me to assume what God has done with those people, after all, many people are simply not afforded the opportunity, but I don't believe personally that means God condemns them, that's between God and them.

By your logic, infants go to hell when they die.

I think more die that bumped into the 'truth' and didn't have an agape for that truth? Not good! :blush:

btw I don't have that 'truth'

Old Jack that has an agape for the precious Word

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to use the Scriptures as our measuring rule, correct?

I thought we were judged according to our works on the last day?

I think more die that bumped into the 'truth' and didn't have an agape for that truth? Not good! :blush:

btw I don't have that 'truth'

Old Jack that has an agape for the precious Word

Are scriptures not the Word of God?

We are judged, but by what standard? That standard is Jesus Christ, the man he was, who was perfect.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If the Jews build a temple, as they plan to do, it will be far from "myth".

So your understanding is that a man stood in the temple in 70ad and declared himself God?

IIThess.2:4 This Antichrist personified reveals himself as the Antichrist (not Satan) by this pagan act of seating himself in the true God's Sanctuary (whenever you see naos in your Interlinear, render "Sanctuary"), ie, in our hearts which began when the "42 months" began (70 A.D.). He does this by the earth dwellers receiving the antichristian power and propaganda in their hearts thinking it's the Holy Spirit. :blush:

Whenever you see naos render "Sanctuary" in the N.T.

Old Jack doing introspection this morning.

btw worship of the image is when the Antichrist (personified) dwells within, eg, Rev.13:14b. The man "Antichrist" is at the head of the antichristian power and propaganda.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IIThess.2:4 This Antichrist personified reveals himself as the Antichrist (not Satan) by this pagan act of seating himself in the true God's Sanctuary (whenever you see naos in your Interlinear, render "Sanctuary"), ie, in our hearts which began when the "42 months" began (70 A.D.). He does this by the earth dwellers receiving the antichristian power and propaganda in their hearts thinking it's the Holy Spirit. :blush:

btw worship of the image is when the Antichrist (personified) dwells within, eg, Rev.13:14b. The man "Antichrist" is at the head of the antichristian power and propaganda.

Interesting.. So if the Jews build a 3rd temple, and a man stands in it and declares himself God of this world, then you wont recognize it because it already happened in a "spiritual" way.

Did someone tell you that or have you simply come to understand this by reading the bible?

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Joh_17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Upvote 0