Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
....for hating America?

Seriously, I would not mind moving. Not even the "government is breaking down because ______", but like I don't like a lot of the people who I've seen here in my travels. This may change when I move and I'm back with people who think more like I do, but right now I honestly wouldn't mind just leaving everything behind.

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot of things to dislike in our respective countries, while other countries may look better from outside but I'm sure have just as many failings once you live there. Recognising the negative sides of our cultures and countries is a good thing rather than just pretending everything's perfect. I suppose the next question is what are we going to do about it? I hate the cynicism that gives up trying to improve things. We, the citizens have the collective power to change things, and as Christians we are called to be salt in the world. One need only to look at the people of the past who brought positive change to their community, country, the world. There's a lot of things to hate about our countries (and a lot of good things to be thankful for as well)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
watch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
....for hating America?

Seriously, I would not mind moving. Not even the "government is breaking down because ______", but like I don't like a lot of the people who I've seen here in my travels. This may change when I move and I'm back with people who think more like I do, but right now I honestly wouldn't mind just leaving everything behind.

America isn't that great compared to other industrialized nations unless you're rich.

Upvote 0