All-American Muslim

HBGary

May 18, 2011
✟866.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are Christians currently engaged in Jihad?

Call it whatever you want. Jihad means "struggle", Christians call it a holy war. Well, we had 100,000 soldiers in Iraq and tens of thousands in Afghanistan, mostly Christian - fighting Muslims. There is no doubt that there are Christians currently engaged in a holy war....Christian Jihad.

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Certainly, they've been trying to put their holy symbols in public places, trying legal discrimination against homosexuals, trying to prevent legal mosques from being built, forcing their holy book to be taught in schools, and of course all the Christian terrorist organizations that never seem to get mentioned.

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

Certainly, they've been trying to put their holy symbols in public places, trying legal discrimination against homosexuals, trying to prevent legal mosques from being built, forcing their holy book to be taught in schools, and of course all the Christian terrorist organizations that never seem to get mentioned.
But but but, that's not JIHAD!

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, a Politically Incorrect Guide. A most shining example of the scholarly parallel universe American neocons have withdrawn into.
Exactly ... people like R. James Woolsey, former director of Central Intelligence.

stealth_jihad1.jpg

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes. If there are Christians battling against their passions and sinful inclinations. If there are Christians fighting in just battles verbally, intellectual, or physically for the defense of others or the establishment of righteousness then most definitely yes. They probably would use a different term though.

Jihad is always positive and good. If a battle isn't then it isn't really Jihad.

It is important to remember that more than 95% of verses about jihad in the holy writings of Islam refer to war against unbelievers. Jihad as a form of spiritual self-discipline is a metaphor. Actual Jihad means killing non-Muslims. It would be nice if what you said were true, but unfortunately it is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HBGary

May 18, 2011
✟866.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is important to remember that more than 95% of verses about jihad in the holy writings of Islam refer to war against unbelievers. Jihad as a form of spiritual self-discipline is a metaphor. Actual Jihad means killing non-Muslims. It would be nice if what you said were true, but unfortunately it is not.

Jihad is no different than the Christian holy war. Religious people kill each other based upon their religious bias and hatred for their fellow man. I see no difference in what Muslims have done and what Christians have done to kill each other. Neither group should claim a higher moral standard.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Feel free to substantiate your claim.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
PHenry42 said:
I don't need to refute anything, as you offer no substantiation to begin with for anything you say.

You dont need to respond to my post at all, but if you do, presumably it's to actually address what I've said.

Besides, it's not a changing of the subject, it's a refutation by counterexample.

A counterexample would be an example showing how what I've said about Islam isn't true. You're talking about a different subject.

PHenry42 said:
If the statement is equally true when changing Islam for Christianity word for word, the logical conclusion is that if your methodology is true, it damns your religion equally much. So you might want to reconsider the validity of that methodology, or change religion.

True enough, (since you used the word "if") but completely irrelevant. Whether my methodology damns my own religion and whether it is valid are two different questions. Unless... maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Maybe you're not disputing the truth of what I've said, but merely suggesting that I shouldn't be saying it. If so, duly noted, but then my point still stands.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Jihad is no different than the Christian holy war. Religious people kill each other based upon their religious bias and hatred for their fellow man. I see no difference in what Muslims have done and what Christians have done to kill each other. Neither group should claim a higher moral standard.
You're right. Jihad is a holy war is a jihad. I suppose you could say 'crusade'.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're right. Jihad is a holy war is a jihad. I suppose you could say 'crusade'.
Originally Posted by HBGary Jihad is no different than the Christian holy war. Religious people kill each other based upon their religious bias and hatred for their fellow man. I see no difference in what Muslims have done and what Christians have done to kill each other. Neither group should claim a higher moral standard.
Good point

http://www.christianforums.com/t2464457-16/#post21041677
The Orthodox lack of an Inquisition...

Three words, Islam, Inquisition and Freedom.

The inquisition in Spain was founded to defend orthodoxy in faith and to detect Muslims and Jews who hate Christians and to lead them out of Christian territories. by that way, Inquisition protected freedom from sharia and from jewish dominion and their xenophoby.

After the apparition of protestantism, Inquisition moved to persecute protestantants in Spain and all the Spanish Empire. With the aparition of Freemasons the flag of freedom was taken against Inquisition, and against Papacy and Catholic Kings. The promess was to achieve freedom by secular powers and free of the ""opression"" of any religion.

The results now are quite visible, Europe is flooded with muslims and schismatics, The most advanced nation in """freedom""" issues, Holand, is the most muslim country in Europe. Its apostasy has no limit, persuing freedom from Saint Peter's See, they are now facing the threat of Islamization.

Do we need a new Inquisition?, Can we leave the fate of our nations in the hands of Freemason ideals?

Spanish_inquisition.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

someguy14

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

No, we don't call it a Jihad. We call it a Crusade, and yes there are Christians currently engaged on a Crusade to dominate, overthrow, and establish a right-wing fascist theocracy.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

HBGary

May 18, 2011
✟866.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Crusade is the same thing. There is a holy war being waged in the minds of the religious soldiers on both sides. It is expected that each side believes they are in the right.

Upvote 0

PHenry42

Feb 3, 2011
✟1,527.00
Faith
Muslim
Exactly ... people like R. James Woolsey, former director of Central Intelligence.

stealth_jihad1.jpg

Tell me, how many academic degrees does Robert Spencer have in fields like Islamic Studies, Islamic Theology or Islamic History? How many peer-reviewed papers has he been able to publish in academic journals?

Upvote 0

PHenry42

Feb 3, 2011
✟1,527.00
Faith
Muslim
A counterexample would be an example showing how what I've said about Islam isn't true. You're talking about a different subject.

Okay, call it reductio ad absurdum instead. I presumed your methodology and demonstrated how it leads to a conclusion you would hardly support. Thus implying that your methodology is bogus.

True enough, (since you used the word "if") but completely irrelevant. Whether my methodology damns my own religion and whether it is valid are two different questions. Unless... maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Maybe you're not disputing the truth of what I've said, but merely suggesting that I shouldn't be saying it. If so, duly noted, but then my point still stands.

I'm disputing your assertion that history can be used just like that to discern the "inherent, true" nature of a religion, since such a thing is conceptually meaningless. And I assert that if it can, like you imply, it would condemn Christianity, to paraphrase Voltaire, to be the most atrocious, most absurd, and most silly religion ever :p

Upvote 0