✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:
What is wrong with presenting scientific evidence for creationism in the science class? Science is science and it does not become disqualified if it proves creationism rather then evolution. Of course if you want to wear rose colored glasses that filters out any evidence for creationism, then I guess that is up to you.

JohnR7, you have been asked time and again to present "scientific evidence for creationism". You have never done so. No one has ever done so to my knowledge.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
What is wrong with presenting scientific evidence for creationism in the science class?

Um, the fact that there isn't any? And that there is a mountain of evidence that falsifies creationism (at least, specific versions like YEC, OEC)?

The reality is creationism as science was falsified about 150-200 years ago. And it's pretty much remained that way ever since.

Upvote 0

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker
JohnR7 said:
What is wrong with presenting scientific evidence for creationism in the science class? Science is science and it does not become disqualified if it proves creationism rather then evolution. Of course if you want to wear rose colored glasses that filters out any evidence for creationism, then I guess that is up to you.

Well, if Creationism ever gets any actual scientific evidence that supports it, then, by all means, it'll be welcomed and presented.

Until then, it should remain outside of the Science Classroom

P.S. Just Claiming that you're right does not consitute "Scientific Evidence."

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
TheBear said:
I'm only guessing that this is directed to me. If it's not, let me know. (It's hard to decipher when you refuse to use that little 'Quote' button at the bottom of every post you are replying to. ;))

Does the "integration" of creationism in the evolution class, reinforce what the text books say? Does it help the students learn the scientific course better? If so, how?
I havent read all the postings...
Though I did read a post made by someone
that mentioned the earth being 6000 years old.

How is that possible when the scientific field has proof of a way older earth. Billions of years old.
Some Christians can even show where the Bible backs Science up on this point...

Upvote 0

Nooj

Senior Veteran
Jan 9, 2005
Sydney
✟19,215.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
AU-Greens
heatherwayno said:
How can you say without the shadow of a doubt that it did not happen?
Science cannot ever prove something beyond the shadow of a doubt. There are always, always other possibilities and explanations. But some explanations are better than others.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Telephone said:
Arrested !! ???

:D

"You sir are under arrest for wishful thinking, a shocking lack of critical thought, agenda driven blinkered attacks on the scientific method, poor grammar and despicable spelling"
Am I allowed a call to heaven, Telephone? Here are a few news clips.

sued a local school district for handing out Bibles at a public elementary school. The plaintiffs’ alleged that this conduct was unconstitutional and violated the Establishment Clause. On September 27, 2001, the court ruled in favor of the plaintiffs declaring that the distribution of Bibles is unlawful
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:-WICbJKafNwJ:www-camlaw.rutgers.edu/publications/law-religion/new_devs/RJLR_ND_53.pdf+bible+illegal+in+school&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=8

Homosexual attorneys from the U.S. Justice Department Civil Rights Division not only attended a large homosexual event in Philadelphia last year, but they advised police on the scene who arrested 11 Christian protesters, says a source within the agency
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42221
opponents fear if the bill becomes law, the Bible will be deemed "hate literature" under the criminal code in certain instances, as evidenced by the case of a Saskatchewan man fined by a provincial human-rights tribunal for taking out a newspaper ad with Scripture references to verses about homosexuality.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34639

PENNSYLVANIA CHRISTIANS FACE 47 YEARS IN PRISON FOR READING THE BIBLE IN PUBLIC
Philadelphia charges Christians with hate crimes, inciting a riot, and using a deadly weapon. Bill O'Reilly reported on the situation on Fox News Channel.
In the 27 years of this ministry, I have never witnessed a more outrageous miscarriage of justice than what is happening in Philadelphia. Four Christians are facing up to 47-years in prison and $90,000 in fines for preaching the Gospel on a public sidewalk, a right fully protected by the First Amendment.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_christians_arrested.htm
Let us raise a prayer of thankfulness for the actions of the true religious leaders of our country, those who joined Jim Wallis and were “arrested in front of the Cannon House Office Building while kneeling in prayer to protest the immoral budget and tax agenda which slashes spending on the poor to finance tax breaks for the rich.”
http://nonviolentjesus.blogspot.com/2005/12/revolution-of-prayer.html
It has been seven weeks since Steve Jackson was arrested for spanking his sons with a Wiffle ball bat, and almost three weeks since the resulting domestic battery charges were dropped.
Jackson has returned to his job as assistant principal at Edwardsville alternative high school. And he says he enjoys the support of the school's staff and his family, especially his sons.
But life remains "a nightmare" in the wake of charges that "made it sound like I abused kids," Jackson, 58, of Glen Carbon, said in an interview last week.
http://www.corpun.com/usd00505.htm
Then last December, six members of my church took part in several rescues in the New England area. Their testimonies challenged me to take action. Finally, on December 31, l988, I was arrested in Brookline, Massachusetts, as a part of the most successful rescue in our state up until that time. "Evening Magazine," a local news program, showed a brief scene of me being carried onto a paddy wagon.
http://www.forerunner.com/forerunner/X0493_Why_I_Got_Arrested_I.html

you is called my fanily 'APES' you called us just like 'MONKYES' you will burn inhell, mine god will burn you he will love you (as he is allloving™) andthen kill you'

He, like untold billions might just laugh at you. We are not apes, save in the way some men have chose to group God's creatures.

[sound of a Tazer being charged with a full 50,000 volts]
Speaking of torture, look at the backslidden, God rejecting US and it's present state. Things like 'waterboarding' they use. Monsters.

Upvote 0

Vainglorious

Jan 28, 2006
✟676.00
Faith
Atheist
heatherwayno said:
no I disagree- they are more educated becuase they are given multiple views- which makes them more open minded. I have never told them it was science or they had to believe it.

Here is a test for that thesis: should we teach Holocaust Denial in history class? Surely if students have two differant views they are better educated, yes or no?

Could you clarify if Creationism is explicitly mentioned in the science class. If I recall correctly, you said the science textbook your state uses includes Creationism. Does your science class include Creationism as though it is just another idea of science? (Would you be able to give a reference for the book used?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
heatherwayno said:
no I disagree- they are more educated becuase they are given multiple views- which makes them more open minded. I have never told them it was science or they had to believe it.
Science isn't about personal opinions. All you're doing is confusing and watering down science. You are doing a great disservice to science and to the students, when you give them "multiple views". There is only one scientific method, not - methods du jour. And if this is an acceptable method of teaching science in the MD school system, if this is across the board, then I urge all parents to get their kids out now!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Telephone said:
Your examples are not of people being arrested for being religious. These people have been arrested for their actions, these actions may or may not be driven by their religious zeal, but one is not arrested for simply being religious.
Jesus was arrested I think for treason, no? Being arrested for giving out bibles, for example, may be called some fancy name. It is percecution. It is an antichrist state. They were trying to follow the bible in protesting sodomy, the murder of the unborn, etc.
Forgive me if I do not engage you any further in this ridiculous tangent.
OK.

Yes, you may make one telephone call, but if you choose to call the wrong person you will be tortured for eternity.
Not true. I am saved. I was given the free gift, payed for by the blood of Jesus of eternal life. We will rule this world forever, and all will be taught the ways of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Telephone

Jan 20, 2006
✟876.00
Faith
Atheist
I know I said we should not derail this thread, but I couldn't help myself!

dad said:
Jesus was arrested I think for treason, no?

You said people get arrested these days for being Christian, and the best example you can provide is that of a man getting arrested 2000 years ago for treason ?

dad said:
Being arrested for giving out bibles, for example, may be called some fancy name.

Oh! you must be referring to the general group of offenses known to law makers as biblicaldistributory crimes.

dad said:
It is percecution.

it is 'persecution''

dad said:
It is an antichrist state. They were trying to follow the bible in protesting sodomy, the murder of the unborn, etc.

I am sure some of their aims may have been valid but they were not simply arrested for being Christian.

dad said:
Not true. I am saved. I was given the free gift, payed for by the blood of Jesus of eternal life. We will rule this world forever, and all will be taught the ways of the Lord.

Best of luck with all that.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
heatherwayno said:
The rest of you- I feel bad that you feel the need to insult others. Perhaps it is due to low self esteem. I will pray for you.
If you take honest criticism as insults, then that's on you. I can only speak for me, but my remarks were nothing but honest criticism. I never insulted you. I never accused you of having low self esteem, or anything along those lines.

Good luck and good bye. :wave:

Upvote 0

Lucretius

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2005
✟5,541.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Heather,

When you teach about the Round Earth, do you let them know that not everyone believes that as well? What about heliocentricity? Do you tell them that some people ascribe to geocentrism?

I see no point in telling students that some people don't accept evolution, unless you state that it isn't for scientific reasons. As with geocentrism and flat earthers, those who deny these standards do so dogmatically, and try to make their claims appear valid by trying to throw some science-looking material in there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Telephone said:
You said people get arrested these days for being Christian
A good book on that would be "Tortured for Christ". A pastor in Romania was offered the biggest church in the country if he preached what that government wanted him to preach. He was offered the smallest church if he preached what he wanted to preach. He took the smaller church. Later on he was thrown into prison and tortured for what he beleived.
0882641808.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,32,-59_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65262843_.jpg

Upvote 0

Telephone

Jan 20, 2006
✟876.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
A good book on that would be "Tortured for Christ". A pastor in Romania was offered the biggest church in the country if he preached what that government wanted him to preach. He was offered the smallest church if he preached what he wanted to preach. He took the smaller church. Later on he was thrown into prison and tortured for what he beleived.

I am sure there are no end of persecution stories doing the rounds in the worlds various supernatural belief systems, martyrdom is a marvelous way to show just how far you have bowed down for which ever god it is your parents told you to believe in. This particular story may even be true, but I think it is safe to say that in general people are not arrested for being Christian.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nooj said:
And rightfully so. A state that adopts a religion becomes a theocracy.
A state that rejects Him becomes hell.

Ps 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

I don't like your world.
Boo hoo.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.