Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I seriously doubt the terror will be kept at bay being Obama has said 10000.

In a nation of over 320,000,000 people...that's not very many people.

I hope Macedonia doesn't give in. Then the Muslim refugees will have two choices. Either go to a Muslim country that will have them or starve to death. I'm glad I live in Texas which has also closed its borders to the Islamic immigrants.

Wow. Just wow. :sigh:

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 John 1:10-11 KJV
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

I see you continue to post this scripture repeatedly....which has nothing to do with giving refuge to those escaping horrific violence.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you continue to post this scripture repeatedly....which has nothing to do with giving refuge to those escaping horrific violence.
Our Father will never endanger us by having us refuge something that would harm us and our neighbors.

Even the women blow themselves up for their faith. What kind of promise do they get? Surely not 7 virgins or whatever weird thing they are taught to believe.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
7 virgins thing is debated amongst Muslims, not to mention it's not even agreed upon what the term translated as virgins actually entails.

The term virgin that we see translated is actually "houri", which is something like an angelic companion in the afterlife, which all Muslims are said to get in the afterlife, not just martyrs and they get more than 1.

The 72 virgins verse in question isn't even in the Quran, but a hadith which is questionabe in its reliability, since it has too distant a transmission, something hadith scholars refer to as "sanad"

Upvote 0

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
12107722_1093160167380951_758561757615635424_n.jpg

Upvote 0

zephyrWiccan

Jun 11, 2015
✟16,809.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Obama will be allowing 10,000 new Syrian refugee immigrants to resette in the U.S. this year , but some States are tightening up their own border security (31 total now not 16) have said today that they will not be allowing immigrants from Syria into their State and are encouraging Obama to have all immigrants from Syria to undergo extensive vetting including a 'religious test' before entering the U.S. which Obama has rejected as unfair and shameful that they should suggest such a thing , after attacks revealed that some of the attackers in France were Syrian refugees and ISIS promises to attack targets within the U.S.

31 States that will not accept Syrian refugees :
-- Alabama
-- Arizona
-- Arkansas
-- Florida
-- Georgia
-- Illinois
-- Indiana
-- Louisiana
-- Massachusetts
-- Maryland
-- Michigan
-- Mississippi
-- Ohio
-- Texas
-- Wisconsin
-- Wyoming
-- North Carolina
-- North Dakota
-- New Hampshire
-- Idaho
-- Maine
-- Nebraska
-- Tennessee
-- New Jersey
-- Nevada
-- Kansas
-- Iowa
-- New Mexico
-- Oklahoma
-- South Carolina
-- South Dakota

States that have announced they will accept refugees:
-- Oregon
-- Colorado
-- Connecticut
-- Delaware
-- Pennsylvania
-- Vermont
-- Washington
-- Hawaii

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/index.html

The main complaint that these states have it seems is that the national vetting process is too relaxed when it comes to refugees that are coming from Syria and they believe its an easy way for ISIS to get into the U.S. , although Obama needs to take the ISIS threats seriously America has always been an immigrant nation and i think monitoring immigrants from high risk countries is called for we should still accept immigrants.
31 states updated map :
151117160654-v8-map-states-accepting-syrian-refugees-exlarge-169.jpg
Too bad or these bigoted idiot governors that they don't have any actual power to stop the accepting of reugees into the country. And literally nothing stops such refugees from walking over the border into their state. John Oliver had an excellent takedown: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...john-oliver-last-week-tonight-syrian-refugees

It's just sad that people that have experienced so much horror in their homeland will be coming into the US and rather than being huddled masses welcomed into the country, they will have to face bigotry and hatred like this.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too bad or these bigoted idiot governors that they don't have any actual power to stop the accepting of reugees into the country. And literally nothing stops such refugees from walking over the border into their state. John Oliver had an excellent takedown: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...john-oliver-last-week-tonight-syrian-refugees

It's just sad that people that have experienced so much horror in their homeland will be coming into the US and rather than being huddled masses welcomed into the country, they will have to face bigotry and hatred like this.
When they get here maybe they should be put in camps for their own protection and to keep track of them.

I have been reading facebook and people are vivid about it and Obama.

The state heads are simply trying to protect from terror our American neighbors.

There was a family that came in close proximity to where I live several months ago and they have gone into hiding. Afraid of the backlash, I suppose.

Reactions: interpreter
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I hope Macedonia doesn't give in. Then the Muslim refugees will have two choices. Either go to a Muslim country that will have them or starve to death. I'm glad I live in Texas which has also closed its borders to the Islamic immigrants.

This thread is proving quite an education.

If your viewpoint has much support then it won't stop at Muslim asylum seekers, and I can envisage America evolving/devolving into a series of gated... walled... fortified communities with rigid membership rules. "You don't know what's out there, and we need to keep a close eye on what's in here."

Chris

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our Father will never endanger us by having us refuge something that would harm us and our neighbors.

If you truly believe God will protect you, there should be no issue in obeying His commandments and treating others as Jesus would.....

Reactions: katherine2001
Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you truly believe God will protect you, there should be no issue in obeying His commandments and treating others as Jesus would.....
I do treat others as Jesus would. I do obey. Now you want to make protection of your neighbors and family a sin? Just because I will go to heaven when I get blown up doesn't mean my unsaved neighbor will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Unfortunately, people don't mind taking verses totally out of context, kind of like those who post "the poor you always have with you" verse as an excuse to not help the poor.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, people don't mind taking verses totally out of context, kind of like those who post "the poor you always have with you" verse as an excuse to not help the poor.
The Lord knows I would not do as you accuse. I can honestly say I have never entertained a refugee nor had opportunity, that I know of.

I have had experience with antichrist spirits and we are instructed to have nothing to do with them, once our eyes are open to the fact.

If video of chopped off heads and terror in the streets of Paris, in the name of certain religion, is not enough to open your eyes to an antichrist spirit, then perhaps you need to house them yourself?

2 John 1:10-11 KJV
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If video of chopped off heads and terror in the streets of Paris, in the name of certain religion, is not enough to open your eyes to an antichrist spirit, then perhaps you need to house them yourself?.

Mangled bodies in car crashes are far, far more common but due to odd effects of news coverage "this keeps happening, so it's not news") far, far less frequently shown that much rarer but "one off" events. Disproportion again occurs in actuality, and in the mental effect registered.

And personally I take it that humans being fanatical, and violent, and religious (all at once or separately) lies within the remit of what human beings are quite capable of on their own, without of necessity inferring any other entity driving or inspiring them.( That does not, of course, rule it out.)
The same for seeing more kindness and love than might be expected, too.
(once again less likely to make the headline news...)
Interesting entities, humans.

Chris

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.