Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
- Access to private conversations with other members.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!
- Last Activity:
- Aug 1, 2015 at 10:14 AM
- Aug 18, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Liberal fundamentalist progressive evangelical., 45, from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England
- David Brider was last seen:
- Aug 1, 2015 at 10:14 AM
- Dec 18, 1969 (Age: 45)
- Home Page:
- Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England
- Currently unemployed
- Hemel Hempstead Methodist Church
- Part of the ministry of believers, with a calling to evangelism and an interest in apologetics.
- Fav. Books:
- Favourite authors include Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Julian May, Clive Cussler, and Tom Sharpe.
- Fav. Verse:
- Right now, Jeremiah 29:11
- Baptism Date:
- Bible Version:
- Any, but I tend to read the NIV and The Message.
- End Times View:
- Marital Status:
- Fav. Hymn/ Worship Song:
- Many, but "Pure, pure heart" by Matt Redman is one that particularly speaks to me.
- Current Prayer Requests:
For me, that I can go deeper in my walk with God, and live the life of holiness to which He's called me.
For Sarah, that she can be a good witness at her place of work.
For my unsaved friends, family, and work colleagues, that they might become Christians.
- Origin of the Life View:
- Young Earth Creation
- Date accepted Christ / Years as a Christian:
I was born in 1969 in Ilford, Essex. Spent the first couple of years of my life in Chadwell Heath before moving to Chelmsford, where I spent most of my life until 2009, apart from going to university in Roehampton (South West London). I'm married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah, and now live in Hemel Hempstead.
- Personal Testimony - How I became a Christian:
- I became a Christian when I went to the university Christian Union - I'd already been a churchgoer for 16 years, but at the Christian Union I saw something different to what I was used to; Christianity not just as rites and rituals and formality, but as a continuous relationship with the living God. I'm now part of the local Methodist Church, but am at home anywhere where God is loved and worshipped.
Science fiction and fantasy, including TV, books, and RPGs; Computers; Music; Evangelism; Apologetics.
"...God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
Trying to follow Christ daily.
With heads uncovered swear we all
To bear it onward till we fall;
Come dungeons dark or gallows grim,
This song shall be our parting hymn.
So raise the scarlet standard high.
Beneath its folds we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here.