Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So "neighbour" stops with "American?" Wasn't the parable of the disgusting vile, theologically heretical Samaritan told to cover that point?

Well stop driving a car, then. That's far more likely to get you an early unexpected death.

"Made clear through media..." Unbelievable. or rather, sadly, believable.
Very little is made clear in an unbiased and proportionate way by what is popularly known as "the media".
News1.jpg

At best it can point out topics and assertions worth investigating and considering. Needing checking.

"made clear through media"
Wow. That's worrying.

Chris

I
If I drive a car and I get killed it was my decision to drive.

If these states wishes are forced upon, and our American neighbor is forced upon, then it is on the head of the forces.

2 John 1:10-11 KJV
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I drive a car and I get killed it was my decision to drive.

If these states wishes are forced upon, and our American neighbor is forced upon, then it is on the head of the forces.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
if you chose to drive, and kill an innocent pedestrian, how does that fit into your justification?

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Sounds about right. Weighed against it being on their head should they choose not to help those in need when they could.

You make Americans sound frightened. That's a little concerning. Frightened people frequently make bad and disproportionate decisions.

Chris

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let's see how many states are advocating holding back now? I know some locally heads are sending recommendations. Is it a majority. .if so what would you force upon our American neighbors?

A reminder of the concepts of love and charity?
Whoever said such came risk-free, with an assured benefit and positive return?

Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds about right. Weighed against it being on their head should they choose not to help those in need when they could.

You make Americans sound frightened. That's a little concerning. Frightened people frequently make bad and disproportionate decisions.

Chris
Offending God or what man could do?

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A reminder of the concepts of love and charity?
Whoever said such came risk-free, with an assured benefit and positive return?

Chris
Chris not all our American neighbors are Christian and you can't even force love and charity. There is also something called love and prayer from a distance. Until you have been beaten,tormented, spit on, and almost murdered by an antichrist spirit, you may not understand the concept.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I had the devil in the form of an antichrist spirit once tell me to stand in traffic and see if God would protect me.
Did he sound like Shia Labeouf?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Offending God or what man could do?

I don't think anyone is asking you to take refugees into YOUR house.
Or are you claiming theological possession of the entire United States, to be in accord with your personal beliefs?

If so, well, anyone can have a go at that principle. You can't then fairly complain if a group you don't like gets to use it to make people conform to *their* beliefs.

And tread lightly: not all native Americans were wiped out during the application of "manifest destiny". They might have a view not that far removed from yours about immigrants who displayed hostile intent and actions towards established residents.

Chris.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
So "neighbour" stops with "American?" Wasn't the parable of the disgusting vile, theologically heretical Samaritan told to cover that point?

Well stop driving a car, then. That's far more likely to get you an early unexpected death.

"Made clear through media..." Unbelievable. or rather, sadly, believable.
Very little is made clear in an unbiased and proportionate way by what is popularly known as "the media".
News1.jpg

At best it can point out topics and assertions worth investigating and considering. Needing checking.

"made clear through media"
Wow. That's worrying.

Chris

I

"Why would one tempt the Lord by endangering our country with something that has been made clear through media that they will chop off your head in a heartbeat?"

I'm still marveling at the cognative dissonance needed to come out with this statement - particually when the "Lord's" instructions were to love your neighbour and turn the other cheek etc.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anyone is asking you to take refugees into YOUR house.
Or are you claiming theological possession of the entire United States, to be in accord with your personal beliefs?

If so, well, anyone can have a go at that principle. You can't then fairly complain if a group you don't like gets to use it to make people conform to *their* beliefs.

And tread lightly: not all native Americans were wiped out during the application of "manifest destiny". They might have a view not that far removed from yours about immigrants who displayed hostile intent and actions towards established residents.

Chris.
I seriously doubt the terror will be kept at bay being Obama has said 10000.

We can however know who will be accountable. That doesn't mean we won't turn the other cheek and get our head chopped off.

Just ask yourself if you are one accountable. When the end comes some of us will pray like Steven.. Lord hold not this sin against them.

Force of your good Samaritan concepts on unsaved American neighbors and a majority of state heads won't do a bit of good.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
The latest news on the Paris attack:

It has emerged that two suicide bombers involved in the attacks took the same trail, arriving by boat in Greece and then traveling north across the Balkans

http://news.yahoo.com/stranded-migrants-block-railway-call-hunger-strike-105453864.html

The article also says the route has now been cut off by Macedonia (and the other Balkan nations) and today many refugees are stranded at the border between Macedonia and Greece and have now blocked a railroad and started a hunger strike.

I hope Macedonia doesn't give in. Then the Muslim refugees will have two choices. Either go to a Muslim country that will have them or starve to death. I'm glad I live in Texas which has also closed its borders to the Islamic immigrants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I seriously doubt the terror will be kept at bay being Obama has said 10000.

The terror will be kept at bay by people refusing to be terrorised.

Panicking, shouting and running round like headless headless chickens is just doing the terrorists work for them.
Plastering their every act all over the media without the slightest sense of proportion works for them too.
And coming up with, out of disproportionate fear and unthinking rushed reactions, plans (for want of a better word) that might be calculated to alienate Muslims, offering them only distrust, rejection and vilification... that will also be aiding the terrorists purpose.

"Keep Calm and Carry On" has now become an overdone phrase..
But it was a genuine poster prepared for use in Britain in WW2 to be used in the event of a sufficiently damaging incident.
It was never actually deployed. (This with 40,000 civilian dead by the end of 1941)

Britain's lost some of that nice unflustered edge, but I see signs of us getting it back.
Is big risk? No.
Are people being assigned to deal with it? Yes.
Do we need to know anything much more? Not really.

Now let's have a pot of tea and see if the English cricket team is disgracing itself again, or not.
Would the terrorists like me doing that, with that attitude? No. Good.
Chris.

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ha ha Chris. I prefer to listen to the Word and stay calm at the same time. I know through God's grace I'll do my part.

Upvote 0