jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obama will be allowing 10,000 new Syrian refugee immigrants to resette in the U.S. this year , but some States are tightening up their own border security (31 total now not 16) have said today that they will not be allowing immigrants from Syria into their State and are encouraging Obama to have all immigrants from Syria to undergo extensive vetting including a 'religious test' before entering the U.S. which Obama has rejected as unfair and shameful that they should suggest such a thing , after attacks revealed that some of the attackers in France were Syrian refugees and ISIS promises to attack targets within the U.S.

31 States that will not accept Syrian refugees :
-- Alabama
-- Arizona
-- Arkansas
-- Florida
-- Georgia
-- Illinois
-- Indiana
-- Louisiana
-- Massachusetts
-- Maryland
-- Michigan
-- Mississippi
-- Ohio
-- Texas
-- Wisconsin
-- Wyoming
-- North Carolina
-- North Dakota
-- New Hampshire
-- Idaho
-- Maine
-- Nebraska
-- Tennessee
-- New Jersey
-- Nevada
-- Kansas
-- Iowa
-- New Mexico
-- Oklahoma
-- South Carolina
-- South Dakota

States that have announced they will accept refugees:
-- Oregon
-- Colorado
-- Connecticut
-- Delaware
-- Pennsylvania
-- Vermont
-- Washington
-- Hawaii

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/index.html

The main complaint that these states have it seems is that the national vetting process is too relaxed when it comes to refugees that are coming from Syria and they believe its an easy way for ISIS to get into the U.S. , although Obama needs to take the ISIS threats seriously America has always been an immigrant nation and i think monitoring immigrants from high risk countries is called for we should still accept immigrants.
31 states updated map :
151117160654-v8-map-states-accepting-syrian-refugees-exlarge-169.jpg

Last edited:

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Slam the door on those who are fleeing terrorism.
What a shameful moment for those who proclaim to be the home of the brave and free.
The trouble is you do not know who is who. I am proud to live in a state that will not accept them and GLAD the governor has made that call.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The trouble is you do not know who is who. I am proud to live in a state that will not accept them and GLAD the governor has made that call.
This is why women and weak men shouldn't run for office. Often you have to make tough decisions.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is why women and weak men shouldn't run for office. Often you have to make tough decisions.
So you are saying that women cannot make tough decisions? I would have to disagree with you on that.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a rule when it comes to politics yes but there is always exceptions.
I was going to say because earlier today I was considering e-mailing Deal and asking him to make that call. After I went to my special needs group, ate dinner and got on the computer I realized that he had already done so.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What a shameful moment for those who proclaim to be the home of the brave and free.
You're right; let's let the terrorists continue to use the PC idiocy our country is obsessed with to gain access to the country. That worked so well for France, after all.

What a brilliant moment for those who proclaim to have a clue but prove otherwise by just waving the flag and ignoring the insanely glaring evidence absolutely screaming in their face.

Tell you what, you let them in YOUR state. I'll pass.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What an unbelievably ridiculous comment. Being "tough" (mentally/emotionally at least) has nothing to do with gender.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's disgusting, but not unexpected, since the GOP is so xenophobic these days. Perhaps they'd be okay with having the following scratched out on Liberty Island?

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Colossus

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Between the rampant sexism, the xenophobia and the continued quotemining of Obama's "contained" comment taken out of context, I don't have many hopes for this thread.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Obama will be allowing 10,000 new Syrian refugee immigrants to resette in the U.S. this year , but some States are tightening up their own border security (21 total now not 16) have said today that they will not be allowing immigrants from Syria into their State and are encouraging Obama to have all immigrants from Syria to undergo extensive vetting including a 'religious test' before entering the U.S. which Obama has rejected as unfair and shameful that they should suggest such a thing , after attacks revealed that some of the attackers in France were Syrian refugees and ISIS promises to attack targets within the U.S.

States that will not accept Syrian refugees :
-- Alabama
-- Arizona
-- Arkansas
-- Florida
-- Georgia
-- Illinois
-- Indiana
-- Louisiana
-- Massachusetts
-- Michigan
-- Mississippi
-- Ohio
-- Texas
-- Wisconsin
-- North Carolina
-- New Hampshire
(newest states refusing to admit refugees : Idaho , Maine, Nebraska , Tennessee)

States that have announced they will accept refugees:
-- Colorado
-- Delaware
-- Pennsylvania
-- Vermont
-- Washington
-- Hawaii

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/index.html

The main complaint that these states have it seems is that the national vetting process is too relaxed when it comes to refugees that are coming from Syria and they believe its an easy way for ISIS to get into the U.S. , although Obama needs to take the ISIS threats seriously America has always been an immigrant nation and i think monitoring immigrants from high risk countries is called for we should still accept immigrants .
Sure ISIS has threatened to sneak terrorists in with them, knowing the threat alone will make people flip out over accepting refugees, which is exactly the sort of thing ISIS wants. Such fretting completely fails to take into account that if ISIS wanted to send out terrorists, there's no reason they couldn't fly them to their target city on commercial airlines with legal visas. Sending a terrorist to his target along a dangerous and politically indefinite overland route, where he may not even end up in the right country, is hardly the most efficient means of infiltration.

But for the sake of argument, let's say ISIS IS trying to sneak in terrorists with genuine refugees. What proportion of terrorists to refugees would you say removes the requirement to accept and process asylum claims? 1:5? 1:10? 1: 50,000?

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
dogs4thewin said:
I am proud to live in a state that will not accept them
You're 'proud' of that? It's not that you'd like to help but believe it isn't safe to do so; you're actually proud that your state is not going to help the world's most desperate people?

You need to engage with more women to correct this misunderstanding

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow. This thread makes me feel really disappointed.

I suppose I will try to help you guys get a better understanding of exactly what type of people are fleeing.

Try this:
http://darbarnensover.aftonbladet.se/chapter/english-version/

It's even worse with conservative politicians saying we should prioritize accepting Christian refugees. It's as if these people don't matter because they're the wrong religion.

dogs4thewin said:
I am proud to live in a state that will not accept them
You're 'proud' of that? It's not that you'd like to help but believe it isn't safe to do so; you're actually proud that your state is not going to help the world's most desperate people?

I'm proud to live in a state that is opening its arms to refugees (not that it's up to the governors in the first place).

[VERSE=Matthew 25:40,NIV]"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'[/VERSE]​

Upvote 0