Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I also hate that you are making fun of all the deaths by terror. One dead by terror is one too many. May the Lord have mercy, but I'm shaking off the dust of this thread.

Arguing in favour of accepting refugees =/= making fun of deaths by terror.

Sure, it's *possible* that a tiny percentage of a fraction of refugees may try to enter a country under false pretences, with the actual intent of carrying out terrorist acts. But does that mean we shouldn't show basic compassion and hospitality to the others? And yeah, given how difficult it may be to tell the one from the other, we might (inadvertently) be showing compassion and hospitality to the would-be terrorists as well. Not sure how that would be a bad thing.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Arguing in favour of accepting refugees =/= making fun of deaths by terror.

Sure, it's *possible* that a tiny percentage of a fraction of refugees may try to enter a country under false pretences, with the actual intent of carrying out terrorist acts. But does that mean we shouldn't show basic compassion and hospitality to the others? And yeah, given how difficult it may be to tell the one from the other, we might (inadvertently) be showing compassion and hospitality to the would-be terrorists as well. Not sure how that would be a bad thing.
Let me tell you how that's a bad thing and displeasing to Jesus. We are not commanded to show compassion and hospitality to the enemies of Jesus, we are commanded to kill them (in Luke 19:27)..

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Let me tell you how that's a bad thing and displeasing to Jesus. We are not commanded to show compassion and hospitality to the enemies of Jesus, we are commanded to kill them (in Luke 19:27)..
Pretty sure that verse is in context of a parable and not Jesus directly commanding anyone to kill his enemies: quite the contrary comes up in the gospels regarding Jesus' attitude towards those who would persecute him, esp. with the whole not resisting arrest thing.

Parable of the minas is used to talk about preparing for an eventual apocalypse. using the talents God has given you, and the king killing those who didn't do so is NOT suggesting that one must kill nonbelievers, but that their eventual fate will be a complete death by God's judgment, the king serving as that analogue.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So then are you going to follow those words ?
Or will you come up with an excuse to allow someone else to do it?

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Pretty sure that verse is in context of a parable and not Jesus directly commanding anyone to kill his enemies: quite the contrary comes up in the gospels regarding Jesus' attitude towards those who would persecute him, esp. with the whole not resisting arrest thing.

Parable of the minas is used to talk about preparing for an eventual apocalypse. using the talents God has given you, and the king killing those who didn't do so is NOT suggesting that one must kill nonbelievers, but that their eventual fate will be a complete death by God's judgment, the king serving as that analogue.
All the commentaries that I have ever read say Jesus is the king of the parable who goes away and returns with a kingdom. The parable makes it clear that Jesus (or God) does not kill anyone when He returns, and it is His followers who kill His enemies.

The history books say that is exactly what happened when Jesus returned with a kingdom back in 312 AD, when the sign of Christ appeared in the clouds and Jesus appeared to St. Constantine and said, "By this, conquer." That day is called the turning point of history because ever since that day Christian nations have been ruling the earth and killing the enemies of Jesus.

The US, founded by George Washington who rode a pale horse, is the 4th horseman to rule the earth for Jesus. Our weapons bring hell and death to His enemies. Presently, the US is leading a deadly coalition that is dropping 100-pound "hailstones" on the enemies of Jesus in the Battle of Ar Mageddon, which began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry.

It is evident that the teachings of Jesus concerning our personal enemies has nothing to do with the enemies of Jesus. We are to love the one and kill the other.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
So then are you going to follow those words ?
Or will you come up with an excuse to allow someone else to do it?
I have already done my share of killing the enemies of Jesus (in the Viet Nam war). What about you? It is the duty of every able-bodied Christian male in our nation to join the armed forces and help kill the enemies of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The history books say that is exactly what happened when Jesus returned with a kingdom back in 312 AD, when the sign of Christ appeared in the clouds and Jesus appeared to St. Constantine and said, "By this, conquer." That day is called the turning point of history because ever since that day Christian nations have been ruling the earth and killing the enemies of Jesus.
You must have forgotten Jesus refused satan offer when he offered Him the kingdoms of the world. When Jesus returns a sword will come out of His mouth. All He has to do is speak and it is so; no earthly king and army required.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
You must have forgotten Jesus refused satan offer when he offered Him the kingdoms of the world. When Jesus returns a sword will come out of His mouth. All He has to do is speak and it is so; no earthly king and army required.
Jesus could not have the kingdoms of this world until He was crucified. The sword that the 5th horseman has in his mouth are the weapons of today and tomorrow that are possessed by the 5th horseman (or 5th Christian superpower), which rules with a rod of iron and controls its weapons with the two-edged sword of the Word of God, which is also said to be the name of the 5th horseman. That suggests that the 5th horseman is a Slav, which is short for Slovo which means Word of God. The name of his horse is "Faithful and True" which is the definition of Orthodox and signifies that the 5th horseman rides the Orthodox Church to power, as did Constantine the first rider of the white horse. The two-edged sword also signifies that the 5th horseman is the restoration of one or more of the 7 golden lampstands established by the early Church to give light to the 7 parts of the earth. The Churches in Jerusalem, Alexandria, Rome, Constantinople, Antioch, Turnovo and Pec, when connected on a world map or globe, form the perfect outline of a sharp two-edged sword. I believe the 5th horseman is a Serb. Pec is the last of the 7 golden lampstands to be established and I think it will be the first to be fully restored, fulfilling a prophecy of Jesus that "the last shall be first." That is, the Serbs at the moment have lost Pec (and Kosovo) to the Muslims, but the Battle of Ar Mageddon is not over and ultimately Satan will be defeated, and the Serbs will retake Pec and all of their ancient territory, fulfilling many prophecies. It results in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, which (1) is a perfect marriage between Church and State and (2) results in thousands of corpses (of Satanic enemies of Jesus) for the birds of the air to feast on. And the new nation of Republica Srpska is not known (or recognized) by anyone except Serbs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Wouldn't you want to bring the refugees here, then? Gather all the enemies of Jesus in one place (preferably nearby) and kill them all without a long commute?

We can even put them in camps for your convenience...

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
All the commentaries that I have ever read say Jesus is the king of the parable who goes away and returns with a kingdom. The parable makes it clear that Jesus (or God) does not kill anyone when He returns, and it is His followers who kill His enemies.

The US, founded by George Washington who rode a pale horse, is the 4th horseman to rule the earth for Jesus. Our weapons bring hell and death to His enemies. Presently, the US is leading a deadly coalition that is dropping 100-pound "hailstones" on the enemies of Jesus in the Battle of Ar Mageddon, which began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry.

It is evident that the teachings of Jesus concerning our personal enemies has nothing to do with the enemies of Jesus. We are to love the one and kill the other.
Emphasizing the apocalyptic aspects of Jesus' teachings doesn't make it seem more affable: in fact, it just seems outright hypocritical and barbaric to encourage forgiveness in one breath and then encourage genocide towards nonbelievers in the other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have already done my share of killing the enemies of Jesus (in the Viet Nam war). What about you? It is the duty of every able-bodied Christian male in our nation to join the armed forces and help kill the enemies of Jesus.

The really sad thing is that Muslims say exactly the same thing about their beliefs too.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Emphasizing the apocalyptic aspects of Jesus' teachings doesn't make it seem more affable: in fact, it just seems outright hypocritical and barbaric to encourage forgiveness in one breath and then encourage genocide towards nonbelievers in the other.
Who are you to question Jesus, the Son of God? As He said in Matthew 10:34, He came not to bring peace, but a sword (and the only purpose of a sword is to kill people). His followers have been wielding the sword since 312 AD, and will rule the earth to the end.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yet he also says in the same text, among other gospels, that those who live by the sword will die by it.

Of course, you could point out this just suggests that you shouldn't be unwilling to use violence if you aren't willing to die as well, but that encourages the very imperialist and warmongering attitude that fosters conflict instead of solves it in a way that possesses foresight to preventing future needless conflicts

Upvote 0