✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
bsd31 said:
Absolutely not. Their son is dead and I defy anyone here to say they would do differently than the Martin's have done. There's not a parent, sibling, grand parent, relative, or friend anywhere on this forum who would not go to war to seek justice against someone killing a loved one.

If there's a need to go after anyone it's the media, and folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Likely even the prosecutors office for a variety of reasons. But certainly not the Martin's.

Maybe the roles would be reversed. So what? You don't conduct yourself in an immoral manner just because it's what your "opponent" would have done had the roles been reversed.

The trouble is that its not justice trying to convict a man for defending himself from a vicious attack. That's an injustice

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Martin family should be left alone, sueing them would kick up a hornet's nest, not to mention I don't think he'd sue them to begin with because it would be extremely tacky to say the least.

The News Agencies that pulled the stunts involving the 911 tape and releasing his social security number on the other hand should be sued for obvious reasons.

I'm saying the Martin family was paid for their dead son who died trying to kill a neighbor. So why should Zimmerman not be paid for his suffering? By CNN, who released his SSN, and vital information live on air, and all others who assaulted him in the press.

I wouldn't suggest he sue the Martin family unless they attempt to sue him first. And then in a counter suit so as to insure they do not get paid for his being found not guilty of self defense against their thug son.

Upvote 0

tolly

Sep 23, 2006
Oregon
✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I must respectfully disagree, he has no way of getting a job now, he's going to be in fear for his life for the rest of his life, and people irresponsibly smearing him to get ratings (or intentionally smearing him to further a political agenda) should be held accountable.

He really should just sue CNN for releasing his social security number on national Television, and MSNBC or NBC (whichever one creatively editted the 911 tape) in order to paint him as a racist.

Those are really the only ones he should sue atm.

You just stated the perfect argument in favor of a law suit. The Martins are in this up to their necks, slandering and race-baiting every time they open their mouths. The media were accomplices and the black community was only too happy to believe it without any evidence.

The Martins sued the homeowner's association and the insurers folded like a cheap suit (no pun intended). Had they defended their association they would have prevailed on several fronts. The Martins should not have been compensated for raising a hoodlum.

You claim GZ won't ever be able to find a job. I don't agree with that, but for the sake of argument, let us assume you are right. Doesn't that go to show that he has been financially harmed by the Martin's lying? Why shouldn't he sue to recover damages?

If anyone in this entire politically motivated race circus deserves to be made whole again, it is George Zimmerman. The Martins don't deserve a dime of their blood money.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You just stated the perfect argument in favor of a law suit. The Martins are in this up to their necks, slandering and race-baiting every time they open their mouths. The media were accomplices and the black community was only too happy to believe it without any evidence.

The Martins sued the homeowner's association and the insurers folded like a cheap suit (no pun intended). Had they defended their association they would have prevailed on several fronts. The Martins should not have been compensated for raising a hoodlum.

You claim GZ won't ever be able to find a job. I don't agree with that, but for the sake of argument, let us assume you are right. Doesn't that go to show that he has been financially harmed by the Martin's lying? Why shouldn't he sue to recover damages?

If anyone in this entire politically motivated race circus deserves to be made whole again, it is George Zimmerman. The Martins don't deserve a dime of their blood money.

Did the Martin family knowingly lie? I don't think they did.

Certain parties in the media did knowingly lie because they editted that 911 tape, and should be sued because of it.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not sure where you come up with that concept

1 Cor 1:6-8

(ESV)When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? But you yourselves wrong and defraud—even your own brothers!

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The trouble is that its not justice trying to convict a man for defending himself from a vicious attack. That's an injustice

All the same it's petty and unnecessary to go after the Martin family. Justice has been served, the jury returned the only verdict it could in the matter. Time for everyone to let it go.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No he shouldn't.

He's in an excellent position to stand up to the race baiters and liars in the media.

To what end though?

I must respectfully disagree, he has no way of getting a job now, he's going to be in fear for his life for the rest of his life, and people irresponsibly smearing him to get ratings (or intentionally smearing him to further a political agenda) should be held accountable.

He really should just sue CNN for releasing his social security number on national Television, and MSNBC or NBC (whichever one creatively editted the 911 tape) in order to paint him as a racist.

Those are really the only ones he should sue atm.

Lawsuits won't change anything - it will just keep his name in the media and it will just incite his haters.

He has to live with killing another human. Why would you hope that he would keep reliving that moment?

Save for the screaming that interrupted the plan of suffocating him by holding his nose and mouth closed, that's what Martin thought.

Why should a man who has had his future irrevocably destroyed by the media and racists pursuing an agenda against him, go away and try to survive with what little is left to him?

Especially when the family of the thug that tried to kill him are millionaires now because their son failed to carry out his crime and ended up jumping the wrong man. One who had he not been armed and used his firearm that was otherwise holstered until that last desperate panic to gain access to the trigger before his attacker did, would be dead now.

You know, having quietly gone away because he was beaten to death by a 17 year old.
Would you want to go quietly away after someone tried and failed to kill you?

Oh my goodness they're not millionaires.

And yeah, I'd probably wanna go away quietly after a huge mess like this. I'm not sue-happy, either. No amount of money is going to make this situation any better.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To what end though?

Well he's not going to have an easy time getting a job for starters.

Lawsuits won't change anything - it will just keep his name in the media and it will just incite his haters.

He has to live with killing another human. Why would you hope that he would keep reliving that moment?

It's called financial restitution for damages, and he does have an open and shut case against two media outlets, he probably will never be able to get a job due to all of this, and may even need bodyguards, and it's partially the fault of certain media agencies trying to smear him.

I'm not suggesting the Martin family be sued.

And yeah, I'd probably wanna go away quietly after a huge mess like this. I'm not sue-happy, either. No amount of money is going to make this situation any better.

I would want to go away quietly too, but Zimmerman does need to be able to support himself, he can't do that if he all of this has destroyed the chance of getting a job so he can generate his own income. Additionally the media does need to be put on notice that they can't creatively edit 911 tapes in order to smear people and expect to suffer no consequences for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well he's not going to have an easy time getting a job for starters.

And a lawsuit fixes that how?

It's called financial restitution for damages, and he does have an open and shut case against two media outlets, he probably will never be able to get a job due to all of this, and may even need bodyguards, and it's partially the fault of certain media agencies trying to smear him.

And a lawsuit fixes this how?

I'm not suggesting the Martin family be sued.

That was in response to Lovely Jar who made the comment that Trayvon's family were millionaires because of this case.

I would want to go away quietly too, but Zimmerman does need to be able to support himself, he can't do that if he all of this has destroyed the chance of getting a job so he can generate his own income. Additionally the media does need to be put on notice that they can't creatively edit 911 tapes in order to smear people and expect to suffer no consequences for it.

This is probably the only logical reason for a lawsuit against the media. But not against anyone else.

Upvote 0

tolly

Sep 23, 2006
Oregon
✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Did the Martin family knowingly lie? I don't think they did.

Certain parties in the media did knowingly lie because they editted that 911 tape, and should be sued because of it.

Yes, they did lie willfully and with malice. Inspect the record as it was established during the interim between the altercation and the filing of charges, as well as the inaccurate statements made by Mrs. Martin after the charges were filed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tolly

Sep 23, 2006
Oregon
✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All the same it's petty and unnecessary to go after the Martin family. Justice has been served, the jury returned the only verdict it could in the matter. Time for everyone to let it go.

How is justice served? Zimmerman has been legally harmed. Where is his justice?

Those on the left have this habit of making others suffer for false causes and false accusations. When the truth reveals their ignorance of the facts, they walk away. No apology, no contrition, not even an admittance that they were wrong in any way.

I hope that is rectified in this case as it should have been in the Brawley case.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How is justice served? Zimmerman has been legally harmed. Where is his justice?

Those on the left have this habit of making others suffer for false causes and false accusations. When the truth reveals their ignorance of the facts, they walk away. No apology, no contrition, not even an admittance that they were wrong in any way.

I hope that is rectified in this case as it should have been in the Brawley case.

Sueing the Martin family would only cause things to escalate further, if Zimmerman were to sue anyone it should be the news media.

Upvote 0

tolly

Sep 23, 2006
Oregon
✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To what end though?

It is not about money. It is about principles.

Upvote 0

tolly

Sep 23, 2006
Oregon
✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sueing the Martin family would only cause things to escalate further, if Zimmerman were to sue anyone it should be the news media.

Why? The news media jumped on the Martin bandwagon. Not the other way around. The Martins, along with other racist organizations, were the instigators of this entire clown act called 'seeking justice'.

They raised a boy up to disrespect others, especially others of different races as the evidence clearly shows. They (the parents) either hold the same values or didn't correct those attitudes prevalent in their son's attitudes. Their behavior to date proves to me that the former is the most believable scenario.

This was about politics, and anti-white racism, period. How is it that Zimmerman, who is about 35% Caucasian, is a 'white Hispanic', and Obama, who is 50% white, is not a 'white African American'?

The defenders of Trayvon, and his family, have no defense of 'seeking justice'. If they truly had that as their motive, they wouldn't have cleansed the record in order to deceive the masses of their son's actual character.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.