Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what if it is wrong?

For an atheist, it is the only way we have of telling right from wrong. As Michael Ruse says somewhere in Darwinism Defended, we have used the same brains to work out both moral principles and scientific theories. Both our morality and our science are imperfect, but by testing them and looking for their flaws and weaknesses we can learn to improve them.

Yes, of course they should. For once we are in complete agreement!
Can I acquaint you to this:

20170630_151033.jpg

Many people have experienced this. The baptism of the Holy Spirit. The Power from on High opened to you, even the Presence of His Holiness.

As per OP statements, many are mopping around in only beggarly elements awareness and activity, and in intellectual pursuit and knowledge gained.

And are missing out of Power from on High leading and teaching them.

20160717_195644.jpg

It is a dynamic walk with Him, as He opens verse by verse the Bible, writing the verses on your heart - the Word made very near and Living. Good soil walking in what He plants within us.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There are zero fossils inbetween any two different creatures showing morphological changes of one into the other
Except for the examples you've been shown numerous times. A simple example:

Pliohippus -> Equus. What's in between? Dinohippus

Queue handwaving, denial or simple ignoring of this post.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why we have a lot of traits that make us human that do not contribute to survival if evolution is true.
And, to make for example the digestive system, you need to understand the concept of food (that we take for granted) and what kind of it there is in earth.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why we have a lot of traits that make us human that do not contribute to survival if evolution is true.
And, to make for example the digestive system, you need to understand the concept of food (that we take for granted) and what kind of it there is in earth.
I like your thinking here... like why would a macro evolutionary man have even come up with the concept of God in the first place? And, why would a macro evolutionary man have even imagined creating and eating anything other than natural foods?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I like your thinking here... like why would a macro evolutionary man have even come up with the concept of God in the first place?
Maybe because there is one?
And, why would a macro evolutionary man have even imagined creating and eating anything other than natural foods?
Why not? Humans make many things not found in nature.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But, would there be to a guy who used to be a fish?

Why not? Humans make many things not found in nature.
Created humans yes, but it's hard to imagine a part ape/part man somewhere along the way deciding he'd like to grill a hot dog.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But, would there be to a guy who used to be a fish?
What sense would that make? As far as we know, neither fishes nor any other creature but man has discovered God.

Created humans yes, but it's hard to imagine a part ape/part man somewhere along the way deciding he'd like to grill a hot dog.
That doesn't make much sense either. Grilling a hot dog or anything else implies the control of fire, which the other apes have not mastered.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What sense would that make? As far as we know, neither fishes nor any other creature but man has discovered God.
That's my point. If we had come from fishes or any other creature... why would we?

That doesn't make much sense either. Grilling a hot dog or anything else implies the control of fire, which the other apes have not mastered.
I know, again that's my point. Why would we if we evolved from an ape form?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That's my point. If we had come from fishes or any other creature... why would we?
Is there a limit to what we can come to know if we evolved? I really don't see the difference it makes to what we can know if God made us from some precursor primate or from a handful of dust.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is there a limit to what we can come to know if we evolved? I really don't see the difference it makes to what we can know if God made us from some precursor primate or from a handful of dust.
Well, I guess you've got a point there, if He had wanted to do it that way. But, I believe what the Bible says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
? Either there is one or man came up with the idea there was one. If there is a God, then we know He revealed Himself to man.

Implying that there are any 'half man half apes' today is wrong. Implying the arts and knowledge and uses of elements like fire was something mastered, rather than learned from God is speculation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, I guess you've got a point there, if He had wanted to do it that way. But, I believe what the Bible says.
So don't Christians who accept evolution. They just happen to also believe the evidence.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

It makes all the difference in Heaven since Humans (descendants of Adam) will have rule over EVERY primate and every other living creature, which came forth from water, on the 5th Day. Adam, the first Human, made by Lord God's own Hands, with an intelligence like God's, Gen 3:22 was one of God's children AND he was made the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants, herbs, rain and Trees. Genesis 2:4-7 That's what is actually written and shows that Humans were FIRST made.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So don't Christians who accept evolution. They just happen to also believe the evidence.
Yes, some Christians can and often do allow themselves to be duped by Godless, well-cloaked doctrines of all sorts, and without even really realizing it... trust in man over God.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

You mean: you believe what you think the bible says.
Plenty of other christians, the majority actually, doesn't think the bible says what you think it says.

@Speedwell is one of them.

So, what makes you think that you are correct and the majority of christians are wrong?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, some Christians can and often do allow themselves to be duped by Godless, well-cloaked doctrines of all sorts, and without even really realizing it... trust in man over God.
No. I think you will find those Christians are trusting in intensively scrutinised and validated evidence and theory construction based upon observations written, according to their understanding, by God in the rocks of this world and in DNA of our cells.

I note in passing I am rather suprised that a Forum Ambassador, such as yourself, would infringe the spirit of the forum rules, if not their actual intent, by suggesting the beliefs of these fellow Christians were the result of being duped by "godless, well cloaked doctrines", especially when many of those were formed by yet other Christians. Would the appropriate action here be for me to report your post, or would you prefer to do that yourself?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I think you will find those Christians are trusting in intensively scrutinised and validated evidence and theory construction based upon observations written, according to their understanding, by God in the rocks of this world and in DNA of our cells.

God in the rocks eh. Ha. The problem with man's understanding is that the bible should trump that understanding, and guide it.
Reading rocks, tea leaves or DNA in a way where leaning to our own understanding is done has zero to do with Christianity. Christianity is about loving and trusting God and what Jesus said.

You have a problem with actual bible believing Christians? Perhaps you should report yourself?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, what makes you think that you are correct and the majority of christians are wrong?
If the majority of Christians jumped off a cliff, should I jump too?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, why not? If it's what God is telling you to do shouldn't you do it?
IF that is what God is telling me, sure.

But He had better be convincing, in light of ...

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Matthew 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.