[Luna] Christ-loving heretic
Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to freedictionary.com the word homosexuality has two definitions:

1.Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
2.Sexual activity with another of the same sex.

Sexual orientation is something that we can't control. Most people are born being either homosexual or heterosexual. Sin has affected the entire human race and as a result many people are born with physical defects. In some people the part of our physical makeup that controls sex is defective and they find themselves sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

Homosexuals can't control their desires but they can control their actions. A heterosexual can find himself attracted to someone of the opposite sex to whom he isn't married; he can't always avoid being tempted but he can choose whether or not he acts on that temptation. A homosexual who finds himself attracted to someone of the same sex is in the same situation; he can't help being tempted but he can choose whether or not he yields to it. Any kind of homosexual activity is a sin and must never be condoned; however it can be forgiven just as any other sin can.

A good way to understand how a Christian should act regarding homosexuality would be to read Washed and Waiting by Wesley Hill. The author is a homosexual who believes the Bible's teaching that homosexual practice is wrong. You can read a description of his book here:

Washed and Waiting « clydeherrin

this.

Might as well haunt a 3rd thread related to homosexuality.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Crazy? Well sir, the surveys do not collect a subject's sexual orientation! Now you may say "See, how do you know then?" well its simple, most of Lesbians (and this has been recorded by surveys) don't wish to give to birth, they prefer to adopt 6 to 10 year old children. Now, I never said it was a crazy risk I just said it they had bigger chances.
Oh I can't post links yet.
I'll try my best.
Lets talk about Obesity first.
Concerning lesbianism and obesity, in April of 2007, the American Journal of Public Health analyzed data from 2002 National Survey of Family Growth and the data suggested that American lesbian women were 2.69 times more likely to be overweight and 2.47 times more likely to be obese than all other female sexual orientation groups. The abstract for this study indicated that "lesbians are at greater risk for morbidity and mortality linked to overweight and obesity."
In 2009, the PubMed article abstract for the Polish psychiatry journal Psychiatria Polska article Body Image in Homosexual Persons declared:
“ Homosexual women are less concentrated on physical appearance and more satisfied with their bodies while being more tolerant to obesity.... For lesbian women the ideal body image is more massive than for heterosexual women. ”
In 2007, a purported lesbian wrote to Andrew Sullivan, the political commentator and administrator of The Daily Dish blog:
“ And - oh heck, I'll admit it - aesthetics have value, too! As a woman, I may not be as focused on looks as men are predisposed to be, but I sure am tired of seeing so many queer ladies out there who are way past 200 pounds. Way, way past. Sorry, but no amount of "fat acceptance" is going to make that a pleasant sight - gay, straight, butch, femme, male or female.

Also, lack of sex (normal sex) may cause obesity as well, you can see that with animals, when you castrate a cat he will gain more weight.
This is because the subject will try to achieve the sexual pleasure by eating.
Obesity may lead to these other problems:
Difficulty sleeping
Snoring
Sleep apnea
Pain in your back or joints
Excessive sweating
Always feeling hot
Rashes or infection in folds of your skin
Feeling out of breath with minor exertion
Daytime sleepiness or fatigue
Depression

Please stop trolling and giving conservatives a bad name. You only have around 20-30 posts and you have little to no reps :p.

I see that you must of copy-pasted that from Conservapedia. Congratulations.

So what you're reasoning here seems to be that lesbians have a better body image than straight women, which this according to you inevitably leads to obesity.

Just please stick with searching for scriptures related to homosexuality on google.

As far as homosexuality goes, I believe it to be a culturally contextual situation. The only references to homosexuality being inherently sinful is either in the Levitcan laws of the Hebrews and in Paul's letters in the NT. Jesus says nothing about it.

I don't care if I'm 'twisting scripture', because conservative radicals that called for segregation had their own twists on the Bible. The Bible cannot be interpreted in one way because of the many contexts that can be applied to it with it being an ancient book.

Also to address the fact that 'Jesus also didn't talk about inappropriate behavior with animals/rape/incest/etc':

Romans (13:1-2)
Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.

Also, Martin Luther instructed us to sin boldly. Jesus made us clean to God in whatever we do/done. We, as long as we're human beings, are never going to fully turn away from sin. This can easily be though of as 'license to sin', but as long as we keep our focus on Jesus, it at least should keep sinning to a minimum.

Also all sin is equal to God. Homosexuality, if it may be a sin, should be nothing worse than lying, which is something we all do all the time, just like how 'the Gays' do 'gay sex' all the time.

I'm bisexual btw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Why do you hyphenate the 'o' in God?

Just curious that's all! :confused:

I've never quite understood that either. I have heard that the Pharisees (or their modern equivalent) don't believe that it's proper to spell out or speak God's name, YHWH (or YHVH) because the name is supposed to be too sacred but the title "God" is simply a title so I don't personally see why one would blot out the "o." "O" well ... :D

Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As the title suggests. Tell me what is your stance on homosexuality.

I believe that:

- Homosexuality is unnatural, but not a choice. It's a problem of the soul (either caused by satan or original sin or both)

- Homosexuals should not be discriminated...

-...but same-gender marriage and adoption of children for gay couples should not be allowed.

- You can be "cured" of homosexuality if it's God's will.

- I've had a bisexual and a gay friend. They only differ by their sexuality, unlike Fundamentalists claim: "THEY ARE ALL PEDOPHILES!!! THEY RAPE OUR CHILDREN!!!!!".

Pretty much my stance. There is no such thing as homosexuality, though I believe. Just as there is no such thing as heterosexuality. Sexual intercourse is, by design, made for male and female - penis and vagina. People can invent novel ways of penetration (anus, mouth, ear, fruit, hand, etc.,) but sexual intercourse - especially in the sense of biblical marriage is always penis inserted into vagina.

This is why I believe God says it is abominable - literally nasty - to engage in homosexual sex. To think where one puts the organs, and what the orifices are used for, is literally nasty. It is also vanity in a sense, because you are mimicking sexual relations with your same design (male/male or female/female.)

So, in a sense homosexuality, bisexuality and heterosexuality is a lie that one's "orientation is 'frozen in' a particular state." All things that are not part of the original design of God are sinful temptations. Having temptations is NOT a sin. Acting on them is a sin - starting from willful mental entertainment ranging to completing the actual act.

People who engage in homosexual activity are NOT destined for hell.

People who have homosexual temptations are NOT destined to be homosexuals.

People who struggle with homosexuality should NOT be considered spiritual pariahs.

Homosexuality as per sin is NOT the unpardonable sin.

I think the church does a huge injustice to itself by treating people who engage in homosexual activity (and especially those who struggle with the mere temptation) as unwanted and unworthy of spiritual gifts. The church accepts liars, adulterers, swindlers, cheaters, revilers, drunkards, drug users, and even atheists. It is one thing to have members of the church that feel nothing is wrong with homosexuality, and continue to participate in it without any remorse. But, for those people that have the temptation, and do or do not engage in the act, but are either way convicted of its sinfulness - those people should be literally nursed back to spiritual health by the church. It is the same as an alcoholic that does not want to let his/herself be controlled by it, or an adulterer that seeks help with lust and monogamy.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
My stance is to love the sinner, not the sin. Homosexuality is a sin, but God still loves Homosexuals. They just need to repent. I'm a former Homosexual and I have been "clean" of the sin since 2011.

Acts 3:19, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"

Thanks fortydaysthree. You're a good example of the above verse. None of us are without sin and all of us are in need of a Savior.

Upvote 0

Wolftone

Apr 29, 2013
Under your stairs
✟16,046.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The church accepts liars, adulterers, swindlers, cheaters, revilers, drunkards, drug users, and even atheists.

I would wholly accept this. I think we all have experienced examples of fallen individuals who have seen the errors, asked for forgiveness and been saved.

I think the issue is, and certainly my issue, is that many homosexuals refuse to see their activity as sin and wish to carry on their lifestyle within the church and in the face of God. I am certainly not against homosexuals as people but the notion that they believe that they can continue in much the same way as they always did.

For the purposes of this point, I will confess before you all that I struggle with unholy thoughts about women and have trouble controlling my lustful desire which I do everything I can to control. The point is that I recognise those thoughts as technical adultery and want to turn away from it. It is a battle I fight every day though.

Why should homosexuals be any different?

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I would wholly accept this. I think we all have experienced examples of fallen individuals who have seen the errors, asked for forgiveness and been saved.

I think the issue is, and certainly my issue, is that many homosexuals refuse to see their activity as sin and wish to carry on their lifestyle within the church and in the face of God. I am certainly not against homosexuals as people but the notion that they believe that they can continue in much the same way as they always did.

For the purposes of this point, I will confess before you all that I struggle with unholy thoughts about women and have trouble controlling my lustful desire which I do everything I can to control. The point is that I recognise those thoughts as technical adultery and want to turn away from it. It is a battle I fight every day though.

A good, solid, common sense answer.

I, too, struggle with lustful desires yet I've been married to the same woman for more than 10 years and have never acted on those urges. I rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to lead me in the right direction. He shows me what the possible ramifications of acting on my sinful thoughts could be on the pain it could cause. Not only would my wife suffer but so would I and so would anyone closely associated with me and my wife.

We all need to stay in His Word and recognize the serious consequences of our own actions. Salvation and damnation are two very real (albeit very different) end results. We can choose faith, belief, and repentance or we can choose the "ways of the world." Choose wisely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a libertarian christian, I believe it is okay to be morally against it, but it is NOT the role of government to legislate religious morality. I'd like to see marriage privatized, so the church can keep their definition, and the LGBTA community can have their definitions.

As for my moral views, I do not hate homosexuals and it bugs me when Christians hate them, it's not godly at all. The comparative example I often use is obesity. The bible condemns gluttonous eating and excess alcohol consumption, yet many Americans take part in these behaviors and end up being obese which can greatly shorten one's lifespan and cause all sorts of health issues. While I have moral issues with over eating, getting drunk, and being obese, I don't go protesting against fat people or trying to push laws that ban them from having the same freedom as a healthy weight person.

With the whole debate about homosexuality, I have no conclusive answer or opinion, but I do have some questions regarding how we determine sexuality. Just a brief lesson -- gender = what you associate with, sex = physically what you are. These are determined by various factors including: prenatal hormones, hormones later on in life, hormone disruptors (i.e. things like BPA), and chromosomes. Some people are born with two X chromosomes (genetically female), yet they have congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) which causes them to develop more masculine features and body parts (we're keeping this, PG, folks.) Also, we're all sexually ambiguous until around the 7th week post conception. Hormones can influence our physical development during this time, so say, you live near a plant that creates plastics and there's a high level of hormone disruptors in the water, what could that be doing to the fetus' development? Just some food for thought... Like I said, I don't even have any conclusive answer for all of this. All I know is we should love others like God loves us.

Just one thing that annoys me about some homosexuals is their need to tell the world they are homosexual by like wearing shirts that say they "I'm gay" or writing 4,998,284 tweets and facebook statuses about it. It's almost as if some are trying to seek attention from it.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
... but I do have some questions regarding how we determine sexuality. Just a brief lesson -- gender = what you associate with, sex = physically what you are.

For me, the following is very good way to determine sexuality:

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (AKJV)

Followed by the New Testament, second witness:

Romans 1:27, "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." (AKJV)

And:

1 Corinthians 6:9, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals," (NASB)

And:

Jude 1:7, "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." (AKJV)

When it comes to seeking truth it's hard to beat the Word of God as written in the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
^^^ I didn't mean sexuality as the act, I meant as a person's sex (whether or not they are female, male, or hermaphrodite, according to their physical characteristics.) This gets difficult when say, someone has CAH or is born a hermaphrodite. Male and female characteristics are largely determined by sex hormones. If something goes wrong or say, a mouse is injected with the opposite sex hormones, it will develop the different characteristics. Those verses don't really address these things. Also, there was no BPA or many of the genetic disorders like Triple X syndrome and CAH, when the bible was written. This adds to the difficulty.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Agreed.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Doing homosexual acts (such as sodomy) is a sin, but being homosexual yourself is not a sin (in fact quite a few Catholic bishops are openly gay, but they of course remain celibate).

Ultimately it's their choice . Homosexuality applies to me as much as anyone else, for what if one of my children were gay? Would I condemn them? Would I hate them? Of course not! I'd still love them with all my heart...no matter what ♥

Reactions: LovelyGiselle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Doing homosexual acts (such as sodomy) is a sin, but being homosexual yourself is not a sin (in fact quite a few Catholic bishops are openly gay, but they of course remain celibate).
What in the world is a celibate gay?

Sounds like a celibate mistress or a celibate fornicator.

Doesn't sound right to me.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A person who's homosexual but doesn't have sex.

Yes, thus one can be openly gay but celibate, which doesn't stop them from becoming bishops or priests. The Church is not homophobic, we accept priests and bishops who claim to be attracted to members of the same sex, as long as they abstain from sexual relations.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, thus one can be openly gay but celibate, which doesn't stop them from becoming bishops or priests. The Church is not homophobic, we accept priests and bishops who claim to be attracted to members of the same sex, as long as they abstain from sexual relations.
It's called love to share caring interests to other people. It's more loving to care for anothers in God's way meaning we return to whats natural. A true awakened enlightened blessed blissfully natural whole man automatically don't desire for perverted sex. It comes with being a Saint. A celibate gay is nothing more than a cover up for his own un-natural pleasures. Such cover up contains lying and denial that leads to un-natural mental health. A blessed saint or elder naturally don't have such desires. Gayness is NOT embedded in the original blueprints of men's formless spirit.

Untruthful free wills gets souls in trouble.

Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven. -Charles Spurgeon

Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's called love to share caring interests to other people. It's more loving to care for anothers in God's way meaning we return to whats natural. A true awakened enlightened blessed blissfully natural whole man automatically don't desire for perverted sex. It comes with being a Saint. A celibate gay is nothing more than a cover up for his own un-natural pleasures. Such cover up contains lying and denial that leads to un-natural mental health. A blessed saint or elder naturally don't have such desires. Gayness is NOT embedded in the original blueprints of men's formless spirit.

Untruthful free wills gets souls in trouble.

Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven. -Charles Spurgeon

Mind you, besides the sexual part of the homosexual orientation, there's also a non-sexual romantic piece. Just like there are many heterosexuals out there who prefer romantic relationships, there are homosexuals such as my self who don't have actual sex.

un-natural mental health

?

I don't think there could be a 'perfect mindframe', as everyone thinks differently, but I'll stop shooting the strawman.

Back on topic. I also don't think anything could really be embedded in the mind besides instincts and genetic predispositions. It's our environment that determines who we are in each and every attribute we have.
Gayness is believed and proved by many to be a genetically induced thing, though I don't believe that and I'm pretty much sure that it's my environment that I grew up in is why I'm gay.
If it's not genetic, it can easily become embedded as if it were genetic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.