Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2013
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As the title suggests. Tell me what is your stance on homosexuality.

I believe that:

- Homosexuality is unnatural, but not a choice. It's a problem of the soul (either caused by satan or original sin or both)

- Homosexuals should not be discriminated...

-...but same-gender marriage and adoption of children for gay couples should not be allowed.

- You can be "cured" of homosexuality if it's God's will.

- I've had a bisexual and a gay friend. They only differ by their sexuality, unlike Fundamentalists claim: "THEY ARE ALL PEDOPHILES!!! THEY RAPE OUR CHILDREN!!!!!".

theophilus40

Nov 6, 2012
✟8,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
According to freedictionary.com the word homosexuality has two definitions:

1.Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
2.Sexual activity with another of the same sex.

Sexual orientation is something that we can't control. Most people are born being either homosexual or heterosexual. Sin has affected the entire human race and as a result many people are born with physical defects. In some people the part of our physical makeup that controls sex is defective and they find themselves sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

Homosexuals can't control their desires but they can control their actions. A heterosexual can find himself attracted to someone of the opposite sex to whom he isn't married; he can't always avoid being tempted but he can choose whether or not he acts on that temptation. A homosexual who finds himself attracted to someone of the same sex is in the same situation; he can't help being tempted but he can choose whether or not he yields to it. Any kind of homosexual activity is a sin and must never be condoned; however it can be forgiven just as any other sin can.

A good way to understand how a Christian should act regarding homosexuality would be to read Washed and Waiting by Wesley Hill. The author is a homosexual who believes the Bible's teaching that homosexual practice is wrong. You can read a description of his book here:

Washed and Waiting « clydeherrin

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to freedictionary.com the word homosexuality has two definitions:

1.Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
2.Sexual activity with another of the same sex.

Sexual orientation is something that we can't control. Most people are born being either homosexual or heterosexual. Sin has affected the entire human race and as a result many people are born with physical defects. In some people the part of our physical makeup that controls sex is defective and they find themselves sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

Homosexuals can't control their desires but they can control their actions. A heterosexual can find himself attracted to someone of the opposite sex to whom he isn't married; he can't always avoid being tempted but he can choose whether or not he acts on that temptation. A homosexual who finds himself attracted to someone of the same sex is in the same situation; he can't help being tempted but he can choose whether or not he yields to it. Any kind of homosexual activity is a sin and must never be condoned; however it can be forgiven just as any other sin can.

A good way to understand how a Christian should act regarding homosexuality would be to read Washed and Waiting by Wesley Hill. The author is a homosexual who believes the Bible's teaching that homosexual practice is wrong. You can read a description of his book here:

Hey, you've got good principles :) I like you

(Had to delete the link from the quote) :doh:

Upvote 0

theophilus40

Nov 6, 2012
✟8,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is an excellent site for any Christian who experiences homosexual desires or wants to understand and help those who face this problem:

Welcome to TfT | True freedom Trust

True freedom Trust (TfT) is a confidential Christian support and teaching ministry for men and women who accept the Bible's prohibition of same-sex practice and yet are aware of same-sex attractions, or struggle with other sexual and relational issues. We also offer support to families, friends and church leaders of those who face these issues in their lives.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Homosexuality is a sin. Perhaps a spirit that invades the sinner who wishes to lay with the same sex when that sex act is immoral.
It is a choice to act on the urge to sin. It is not normal else the reproductive mimicry that occurs in copulation between the two same sex people would result in the natural occurence of offspring.

And since we're blessed to be sharing links that assist one another in dealing with homosexuality and the homosexual agenda that's arisen in it's midst, I'd like to share these. Though most Christians are certainly aware of most of these things when the topic of Homosexuality comes up, I'm sure.

Christianity and Homosexuality

Part of a series on
Homosexuality

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat-2.jpg

Just a reminder, homosexuality may be discussed here without promotion.
Also, the flaming rule applies to our homosexual members too, so please keep things civil.
Thanks

Mod Hat Off

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private

I believe that:

- Homosexuality is unnatural, but not a choice. It's a problem of the soul (either caused by satan or original sin or both)

- Homosexuals should not be discriminated...

-...but same-gender marriage and adoption of children for gay couples should not be allowed.

- You can be "cured" of homosexuality if it's God's will.

- I've had a bisexual and a gay friend. They only differ by their sexuality, unlike Fundamentalists claim: "THEY ARE ALL PEDOPHILES!!! THEY RAPE OUR CHILDREN!!!!!".

My stance is God's stance. I believe that homosexuality is a sin. I also believe that we're all sinners in one form or fashion (me included). Therefore, I don't believe that my sins are any more pure than the sin of homosexuality but that doesn't mean that we should condone or accept sinful behavior. We're all called to repentance.

It may very well be true that homosexuals are born with a propensity for that particular sin but the same could be said of murderers, rapists, drug addicts, thieves, etc., etc. Being born with a sin nature doesn't provide an excuse for sinful behavior.

Both Testaments of the Bible are clear on the subject:

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination."

Romans 1:27, "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

"Born that way" or not ... it's a sin and it's not at all pleasing to God.

Luke 13:3, "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

Acts 2:38, "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,
I know Homosexuality is a sin. I also know that everyone is born with the capabilty to commit that sin.
I commited the homsexual act for some time in my life. I wasn't born to commit the act of homosexuality..I chose to do so. As do most of those who live in that life do now.
Homosexuality is an Act a chosen thing to be done. We are born with sin and we make choices to do those sins. We aren't made to do them..we want to do them..we chose to live a sinful life...just as we chose to live and follow Christ.
I was gloriously and mercifully brought out of that lifestyle by a God who knows much better than I what i truely needed...Him. Who loved me so much that He took on the form of man...Christ..and He suffered and died for me. He showed me that the life I chose to live was perverted and sinful...that I liked what I did and was out to seek to please one person...Me. and that's what I did.
He showed me that He had something much greater to give me than what I was seeking for thru living in sin and death...and that was His love and to live life more abuntantly.
Homosexuality is a sin...the scripture states it, and God hates it.
I've seen what homosexuality can do to families...it destroy's them. I've seen and experienced what homosexuality does to the ones commiting the act...it kills a part of them that cannot not be brought back thru human hands..there are people out there who say they can cure it...No they can't...Only God and His mercy can change a man. Today I am a New creature in Christ...He is my reason for everything and as my quote states" for me to die is gain, to live is Christ"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samdja

Feb 5, 2013
Singapore
✟7,638.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm reposting this from my entry in another group of discussion just now. (and I find the same topic again! :D). I would like to share my opinion about how christians should treat homosexuals. Hope this simpe reply encourages us to be more Christ-like day by day in our relation with our fellow homosexual believers. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there. :)
I just wanna speak up my opinions of how should a church treat the homosexuals.
Few things that I want you to know before reading this reply:
1. Frankly speaking, I have never encountered a homosexuals directly in my life. So all the things I write here is not based on my own experience, but from my friend's testimony about his encounter with homosexuals.
2. And I would like to limit this to Christians who are homosexuals, not the other religion.
3. I am also making an assumption that homosexuality is not biblical and therefore, christians must repent and leave homosexuality.
4. another assumption: Homosexuals are socially "pretty unacceptable" in their society.

My reply:

I think they should be treated as brothers and sisters in Christ. They are humans who have fallen to the sinful nature (and so do non-homosexuals like me, even the Pope himself).
I believe that the church has the responsibility to embrace homosexuals who do not know that such thing is sinful with love, just like what Jesus did to the tax collectors and prostitutes.

to make it clearer:
1. from the point of view of the church: The church (that is, the people who believe in Christ) has to bring this homosexuals closer to Jesus (through encouraging and praying for them in their spiritual journey in imitating Christ). Treating them with sincere love just as what Jesus do to sinners (including us). We really should not despise them, it might discourage them to repent!
2. from the point of view of the homosexual : He/she has to make progress in his spiritual journey (in leaving homosexuality). It takes a really really long time (even lifetime) to struggle with this problem. This might take a really long time. (comparison: harder than fighting inappropriate contentography. The difference is that homosexuals have to fight with public morale issues, while inappropriate contentography-addicted person don't since they do it secretly).

Please note that loving is not the same with solely acting nicely! loving someone might require us to be 'rude' in our words, just as what Jesus did to unrepentant people (pharisees, stubborn disciples).

Therefore, I would say.... It is a must for the church to ask wisdom to God in order to react in the right way in every circumstances.

Last but not least, I don't want this thread to be merely an empty discussion and debate. Let us pray for:
1. the homosexuals, so that they may realize the truth, and repent,
2. the non-homosexual Christians, so that Christians are enabled by God to embrace them with love, and to accompany them in their spiritual journey until the very end.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
".

Homosexual people are such a tiny percentage of the population that I think the greatest mistake the church can do is engaging on this topic.

There are more people who think they are clingons than people who think they are gay.

Upvote 0

theophilus40

Nov 6, 2012
✟8,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexual people are such a tiny percentage of the population that I think the greatest mistake the church can do is engaging on this topic.
They may be small in numbers but they are having a large influence on people's attitudes. We need to speak of this topic not just for the sake of homosexuals but for those who have unbiblical beliefs on this subject.

Reactions: LovelyGiselle
Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian

My stance is the same as God's. Homosexuals are unregenrates and if God's didn't choose them, draw them and left them in their own sin then thats God's Will. Should Christians go along with God's Will and think God knows best?
To me, I don't care or worry about them cause if God's is happy with His predestinations according to His Own Personal Pleasure then I'm happy with the way things are.

Just leave 'em alone BUT all Christians are instructed to proclaim the Gospel to everyone including them.

How we proclaim the Gospel is a tricky one this this mess up world. The elects don't persuade unregenrates to accept as if they have pure free will. We proclaim the Gospel, not talk them into something they can’t do, save themselves.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They may be small in numbers but they are having a large influence on people's attitudes. We need to speak of this topic not just for the sake of homosexuals but for those who have unbiblical beliefs on this subject.

IMO the more publicity they are given the more influence they will have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
The Bible is very clear on the issue. To deny the Word of God is to deny the Will of God. We're called to repentance!! We're not given a "get out of jail free" card that allows us to simply continue in habitual sin without serious consequences. Can a murderer continue murdering and call himself a Christian at the same time? A rapist? A molester? A thief? We must "put off the old man" and put on the new, spiritual man in Christ. We can't allow ourselves to be duped by modern theologians who condone the sin of homosexuality and even allow homosexuals behind the pulpit. The Bible is clear on the subject of bishops (overseers) and elders. They must be the husband of one wife -- not the husband of one husband.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is unnatural and a choice. The fact that bisexuality exists disproves this. Obviously it is just lust. Plus God did not create us to sin and we must choose to sin against him.

They shouldn't be discriminated against because in the end it is their choice and it doesn't affect me.

Marriage and adoption should be forbidden for them.

You can be cured by a combination of free will and devotion to god. If your devotion to god is strong enough your temptations cannot overpower you.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Much quite negative stances on homosexuality. I kind of expected these kind of responses, as I am on a conservative forum. A sin or not, a choice or not, I think it's unnatural and I would never permit homosexual marriages or adoption ti homosexual (or any other unmarried) couples.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many quite negative stances on homosexuality. I kind of expected these kind of responses, as I am on a conservative forum. A sin or not, a choice or not, I think it's unnatural and I would never permit homosexual marriages or adoption to homosexual (or any other unmarried) couples.

I'm considered weird here in Finland for my religious views, especially in my group of friends, but oh well.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is unnatural, but not a choice. It's a problem of the soul (either caused by satan or original sin or both)

A problem of the soul? No.

You are right, it is a genetic thing, not entirely a choice.. Unnatrual? Oh you're serious. No. Same-sex sexual attractions, behavior, and orientations per se are normal and positive variants of human sexuality; in other words, they are not indicators of mental or developmental disorders.

No.

-There are no empirical studies or peer-reviewed research that support theories attributing same-sex sexual orientation to family dysfunction or trauma.

-Gay men, lesbians, and bisexual individuals can live satisfying lives as well as form stable, committed relationships and families that are equivalent to heterosexual relationships in essential respects.

Check it~

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2010/10/27/amicus29.pdf

http://www.psychology.org.au/Assets/Files/LGBT-Families-Lit-Review.pdf

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.