Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to like a dark sense of humor, but the older you get the more desensitized you become to such things. Crude and crass humor is fun too, and somewhat related with the former.

Honestly though, I rarely find anything funny anymore.

Not even tv commercials?

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
91ad0315-fdd8-44c5-a2f1-ced2207b2809.jpg

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's your sense of humor like? Sarcastic? Dark? Childlike? Do you like to tease? Or such?
Let's hear!!

giphy.gif

I'm usually down with sarcasm as long as it is towards an inanimate thing that can't have hurt feelings. Comes from being a fan of Internet personalities like Cinema Snob and Todd in the Shadows over the last ten years, most likely. ^_^

Although I certainly have been guilty before of sarcasm towards real people that has been genuinely hurtful, and may God forgive me for that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone for sharing!! It's interesting reading through everyone's replies!!! :clap:

View attachment 271786

Can't help but to love that dog smiling!!! We need more sweetness like that in the world.
It is adorable!!! :flat4:

You can only be shocked so much before your brain no longer finds something shocking. I haven't heard all the jokes, but I've got the gist of most of them.

The only comedian that can still make me really laugh would probably be Gilbert Gottfried. His stand up acts are alright, but his roasts and interviews are the ones that can really shine.
That makes sense! :)

Oh I have never heard of him before!! ^_^ Thanks for sharing!!

I hate having my tail pulled!
haha! Uh oh, sorry about that! :ahem:
giphy.gif

One of my favorites.

3253d5b0e281d9b1aa8d4148bbb8bce8.jpg
Oh my goodness!!! :muahah:

I'm sarcastic and I do like to tease but only in a good humor type of way. I think a lot of the times I mold my humor to whomever I'm with. If I know they like jokes or a cute cat photo then that's where our humor lies, if it's sarcasm and teasing then let's do it. I think though I don't do the teasing where it turns into rude stuff. Like I'd never say something personal about someone just for a laugh.

Also I giggle at the immature jokes as well. I can't help it. lol
Oh I find that interesting that you tend to "mold your humor" depending on who you are around!! I wonder how many of us subconsciously tend to do that too? :relaxed:

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That makes sense! :)

Oh I have never heard of him before!! ^_^ Thanks for sharing!!

Yeah just warning, if you don't like filthy humor. The man has been in a few Disney films and many children cartoons but he's a pretty raunchy comic. Lol.

His whole life is funny honestly. One side of his career is very kid friendly, and the other very adult. Part of me thinks he somewhat set his career like that just for some laughs.. lol.

• Haha
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm very sarcastic in many ways. My humor often boils down to references. Quoting something obscure, but oddly appropriate for the context of a situation is one of my favorite things, which is where inside jokes come in. Looking at your friend and quoting a movie you watched together or a line in a song you both love at just the right time.

I also do like @SweetCarolina said, and will kinda mirror the people I'm with. If I know someone doesn't like something, I can avoid the subject-- or-- I can use that knowledge against them for some teasing opportunity :smarty:
Nothing getting "Old Town Road" stuck in a friend's head :zoro:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What's your sense of humor like? Sarcastic? Dark? Childlike? Do you like to tease? Or such?
Let's hear!!

giphy.gif

I like quirky postmodern TV shows and jokes.

Metajoke.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm very sarcastic in many ways. My humor often boils down to references. Quoting something obscure, but oddly appropriate for the context of a situation is one of my favorite things, which is where inside jokes come in. Looking at your friend and quoting a movie you watched together or a line in a song you both love at just the right time.

I also do like @SweetCarolina said, and will kinda mirror the people I'm with. If I know someone doesn't like something, I can avoid the subject-- or-- I can use that knowledge against them for some teasing opportunity :smarty:
Nothing getting "Old Town Road" stuck in a friend's head :zoro:
That's great! I love that type of humor and inside jokes!! :muahah:So much fun and also relating to others in the process!! ^_^

lol!

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Depends on whom I am with.

Light hearted and quiet humor with acquaintances, people who get offended easily, or strangers.

Sarcasm and goofy with people I am close to and consider friends.

Dark humor and warped humor with my closest friends...and other nurses.

I have been told by people that they didn't know I was so funny until they got to know me. People who do know me say I am very funny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums