The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What's your sense of humor like? Sarcastic? Dark? Childlike? Do you like to tease? Or such?
Let's hear!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: SarahsKnight

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to like a dark sense of humor, but the older you get the more desensitized you become to such things. Crude and crass humor is fun too, and somewhat related with the former.

Honestly though, I rarely find anything funny anymore.

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I am sarcastic and enjoy being quick witted. I also love nick names and have inside jokes with most of my friends. When I meet new people I also quickly develop camaraderie through making parallels and inside jokes around their interests.

One downside to being quick witted and a talker is the Bible is pretty clear that with many words comes bad things. I do sometimes speak without thinking which can be sinful. Life Growth area for me

Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I used to like a dark sense of humor, but the older you get the more desensitized you become to such things. Crude and crass humor is fun too, and somewhat related with the former.

Honestly though, I rarely find anything funny anymore.
Is it because you have heard them all? Like hearing or seeing similar funny things or the same jokes too much and it kind of loses the humor after a while? :mmh:or such?

According to this online quiz, I scored the following: You have a mostly self-enhancing sense of humor.

Sounds about right.
I haven't heard of that before! What type of humor is that?

Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is too cute. It's two of God's animals interacting. One likes to tease and the other one is protesting. Nothing dark going on here. At least one isn't killing the other one.

However, I do understand when you hear the same thing over and over again it can become boring. I personally like the animals that do silly things or love on each other that I wouldn't expect to given what kind of an animal they are or animals that care for a human being that is in distress. Precious and encouraging to me in a world that has its share of turmoil.

It can lighten my spirit.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am sarcastic and enjoy being quick witted. I also love nick names and have inside jokes with most of my friends. When I meet new people I also quickly develop camaraderie through making parallels and inside jokes around their interests.

One downside to being quick witted and a talker is the Bible is pretty clear that with many words comes bad things. I do sometimes speak without thinking which can be sinful. Life Growth area for me
Ohh inside jokes are so much fun!! ^_^

This is too cute. It's two of God's animals interacting. One likes to tease and the other one is protesting. Nothing dark going on here.
Yes!! It's so cute seeing creatures having such a sense of humor too!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it because you have heard them all? Like hearing or seeing similar funny things or the same jokes too much and it kind of loses the humor after a while? :mmh:or such?

You can only be shocked so much before your brain no longer finds something shocking. I haven't heard all the jokes, but I've got the gist of most of them.

The only comedian that can still make me really laugh would probably be Gilbert Gottfried. His stand up acts are alright, but his roasts and interviews are the ones that can really shine.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I took the quiz in post #3. I got Affiliative, "meaning that you're good at cracking jokes and trading banter to build connections with other people." Hmm. Okay. Sounds good. I'll take it.

As for me, some of my favorite films are goofy comedies like Spaceballs, The Jerk (Steve Martin's comedy albums from the late 70s are great, as well), Blazing Saddles, etc., and my favorite TV shows would be things like the Simpsons, Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist, Kids In The Hall, Police Squad, etc. I was very happy to get to see Jerry Seinfeld live a few years ago. That probably about sums up my humor. Somewhere on the "Absurdist/humor of the pathetic" side of the humor continuum.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have a very dry sense of humour.
I love wordplay and innuendo as long as it is not in poor taste. I think this was portrayed well in the series "A bit of Fry and Laurie" starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie, and others such as Hale and Pace.
I love watching the most unlikely of characters handing troublesome or embarrassing situations. Examples such as Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances and Mr Bean.
I also like it when comedians take an innocent and ordinary situation and transform it into something utterly banal and ridiculous - such as some of the earlier Monty Python sketches.
I love comedy where the "punch line" is understated. An example would be characters playing the role of someone who appears intelligent and respectable. At first glance, you think the characters are being serious, but very subtly, stupid things start to happen, seemingly unintentionally.
And finally, a little bit of self-deprecation. Sometimes it is good to laugh at ourselves, but for this comedy to have a good effect, it has to be carefully balanced. We should never take ourselves too seriously, but we should also recognise the limits where the comedy may cause serious offence.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Self-deprecating. Dark, sometimes disturbingly so. Cynical rants.

Most people assume I have 'no' sense of humor because I don't find any of the same stuff funny that they do. None. Sitcoms, comics, movies, viral videos...none of it is 'funny' to me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sarcastic and I do like to tease but only in a good humor type of way. I think a lot of the times I mold my humor to whomever I'm with. If I know they like jokes or a cute cat photo then that's where our humor lies, if it's sarcasm and teasing then let's do it. I think though I don't do the teasing where it turns into rude stuff. Like I'd never say something personal about someone just for a laugh.

Also I giggle at the immature jokes as well. I can't help it. lol

• Friendly
Upvote 0